Memberships 2017-18

So, the saga begins for another season...

Me, it's the usual complaints about this auto-renewal system (must we opt out every single year? I'm convinced we were able to opt out at the point of payment last year, but I have no evidence to confirm). There's also the more fundamental question of whether a membership is worth my while... Anyway, I have plenty of time to decide, so I'll give it some time and hope there's a player announcement or two sooner rather than later.

Looks like they have completely abolished 'white' general admission membership. All white members are being told they are being moved into the 'white and black' category.

The question remains as to whether you will be able to buy additional general admission tickets to take along mates to sit with, or is this section restricted to members only?

Looks like they have completely abolished 'white' general admission membership. All white members are being told they are being moved into the 'white and black' category.

The question remains as to whether you will be able to buy additional general admission tickets to take along mates to sit with, or is this section restricted to members only?

Yep White and Black is no longer a different category and I suspect it all becomes as one, White and Black, White and GA, non members all together. They also removed 2 of the best bays at Spotless from the White and Black area to sell off as Black. 

White and Black went from having good seats at Pirtek, to OK at Spotless but bad at ANZ, to now bad everywhere.

Their obviously trying to force ppl into more exy memberships.. Nothing but a money grab.!   

Not renewing until lederer and co shows me they are going to spend some money and can recruit a proper squad if Mitch, terry and niko leave we need proper players. No more Griffiths or Buluts get out there and recruit a proper team and FCB needs final sign off haha

Asking for our money to sit in their account for 5 months before a ball is kicked is a little smug if you ask me

Our group of 18 went from sitting on the 30 metre line at Pirtek to behind the goals at Spotless. We are not impressed. Half of our group don't want to renew.

I'm in a  similar situation, not sure wether I should keep the same membership or go down a couple of notches, I will have a newborn around the start of the season, so it will be idfficult to make games non the less, and soulless doesnt help. Some good signings might get me excited for next season though.

Not renewing until lederer and co shows me they are going to spend some money and can recruit a proper squad if Mitch, terry and niko leave we need proper players. No more Griffiths or Buluts get out there and recruit a proper team and FCB needs final sign off haha

Asking for our money to sit in their account for 5 months before a ball is kicked is a little smug if you ask me

Don't forget you can do the monthly pay system as opposed to one pump sum. Last year there was no extra cost for this, hoping that it is the same this season.

Question, are they bringing it forward by a month? One of the main reasons of bringing forward the renewal is in regards to membership packs. Last year was a disaster and bringing it forward a month means that it gives them extra time for it to happen on time.

Our group of 18 went from sitting on the 30 metre line at Pirtek to behind the goals at Spotless. We are not impressed. Half of our group don't want to renew.

TBH, nobody was impressed. All the decent black seating was shifted to red as they pay more for membership.

For me, it is a no brainer.

They've given 1 month notice to renew your memberships on autopay.

Last year I paid on 14 July. Now they want it on 1 June.

To move it forward a month to help the membership packs is a bs excuse. Sort out your suppliers, don't ask us to pay 6 weeks earlier than last year. The season starts in October ffs.

I wonder what the date is to renew manually? Or I might go payment plan this time.

Will be basic supporter membership for us again this season, planning a trip overseas and money is tight.

Supporter membership was sufficient for us last season.

Might do the same given they have stiffed the White and Black members...

Charging $300 more to sit in the same seats we have been in all year is a little rude me thinks...

Edited by MadKaw

Will be basic supporter membership for us again this season, planning a trip overseas and money is tight.

Supporter membership was sufficient for us last season.

Might do the same given they have stiffed the White and Black members...

Charging $300 more to sit in the same seats we have been in all year is a little rude me thinks...

To be honest, we paid supporter membership and spent most of the season just moving to even better empty seats than we had tickets for.

Edited by WSWBoro

Is it just me or have they moved the RBB memberships all be within the same area now and not separated by that fricken tunnel at Spotless where families etc were split

They've removed Bay 213 (I was originally there before successfully getting moved to the actual RBB bays) but 220/221 are still separated from the actual active section.

I've written to them to ask to cancel auto-renewal.  Not sure why you can't just go in to your member portal and select it from there.  Surely easier.  But then this is WSW we're talking about.

We're going to review the fixtures and times before we even consider.  If it's anything like this year then no chance.  Plus of course the lower value by not attending ANZ games at all.

Possibly will just consider going the supporter membership route and go to a few games next year.

Team performance is irrelevant to me.  I happily go through thick and thin but have to consider the family in this.

We are not that far off with the squad. I am really hoping that we start with five new imports (if we can't hold on to Nico).

In my extended household five out of eight will not renew, for various reasons. If that is a reflection on the mood amongst the wsw community then the club could be in for a rude shock. Marconi might be big enough to fit in the remaining faithful.

I'll wait with sign off until late Sep.

Went from great seats at Bay 6 - to a view @Spotless best described by the many olympic swimming pools away it is from the field  (ANZ is fairly distant but could be way worse)   

but who am I kidding...I'll renew

Yeah just me and the boy left in our group.

We will definitely renew though. Important life lesson - stick with your football team no matter how desperately rubbish they become.

Maybe they might even send me a membership pack next season. I live in hope.

its better to live in hope than in expectation.

LOL they can't get anything right - ask the fans about renewal times, make the auto-renew earlier based on feedback, in order to give you time to get your useless overseas company to deliver them, only to find out you've done it in a year where many people are considering not auto-renewing. hahaha 

Not sure if they are just money-hungry or useless, but they've totally ballsed up the community club atmosphere. Having fans that whinge when we don't win every game 3-0 playing like Barcelona doesn't help either.

Not sure if they are just money-hungry or useless, but they've totally ballsed up the community club atmosphere.

A little from Column A, a little from Column B.

The community club spiel is corporate spin, all they want is your cash.

@kgee

Of corse they don't make it easy they want your money I wouldn't expect a reply to your email probably have to end up ringing

@fcb

Squad long way to go we need to see what the popa broom does and goes from there

@pyrdz

Yeah i know you can do monthly but I'm a westie I might not have the money next month haha

@lloyd

Yep stick by the team agreed but Wenger conned me for ten years so now I'm bitter and twisted I want to see some proper signings! I'll happily support a losing team!

Did the price go up? Seems like a scummy thing to do considering how crap viewing is and didn't they say they wouldn't increase the price.

That pledge was for this season, given the relocation to new stadia. No commitments were made beyond 16/17.