Site Upgrade Information

4 hours ago, Prydzopolis said:

Just checked my profile, how do you win days? Is it how many likes you dish out ;)

--------------------------

Can you automatically add the function that writing a new post will add it to a previous post written within a few minutes?

---------------------

Any new or special donator features with the upgrade?

if it was then you would win every day

5 hours ago, Prydzopolis said:

Help please :)

How do I find this on the mobile version?

Answer: There is a button for this on the top of the page :woah: Too easy :good:

Where is this magical button you speak of on the mobile version?

I've spent all day at work scrolling up and down through threads to find the last unread post. It's the only thing that's annoyed me with the new format so far. 

3 hours ago, Ken said:

Hey Mack, Was the previous site secure when logging in? If it was, it isn't now.

Regards,

Your friendly site security advisor.

I believe it was, but google (assuming you're using chrome? it might be the same for other browsers now as well) has become more strict on what it considers "insecure" to the point that if someone posts a link to a picture from another site, Google will show as 'insecure'.

I am looking into sorting it out though.

All the pre-match threads now fixed, the new version changed from old bb code, to regular html so had to rewrite those so they would show up properly on the forum. Now to do the player forum threads. Edit - Player thread is done now as well.

That should be pretty much everything cut over and back to "normal".

Hey Mack, I'm sure you're loving all the questions and feedback - I like the upgrades by the way! - but I thought I'd add another, related to the "unread content" questions above.

Clicking that link at the top just takes you to the "unread content" page. Is there a way to have the "go to last read" within the thread? And "go to last page" as well for threads you might not read often but want to skip to the latest?

Cheers man

4 hours ago, theguyyouwishyouwere said:

hey mack, i can't post in the player threads. what's up with that?

i was only gonna spam the shannon cole thread with crying gifs, but what if i actually had something to say lol

I thought I fixed it last night. Turned out the forum itself also needed the permissions to be updated. For some reason the Member group forum lost permission to post in there as well as permission on the actual "records".

I just checked various permissions and that should all be fixed now.

3 hours ago, btron3000 said:

Hey Mack, I'm sure you're loving all the questions and feedback - I like the upgrades by the way! - but I thought I'd add another, related to the "unread content" questions above.

Clicking that link at the top just takes you to the "unread content" page. Is there a way to have the "go to last read" within the thread? And "go to last page" as well for threads you might not read often but want to skip to the latest?

Cheers man

I'm not sure if this is 100% what you're looking for but if you click the star or circle next to any thread title in a topic list, it will take you to the first unread post.

59153a3e26c82_unreadstar.PNG.db8b04860ef6cc18321746c9ff213c64.PNG

If you mean on the Unread Content page, then this will change where the links take you.

test.thumb.JPG.4f74889639dcdbc99056e36d70922213.JPG

Inside a post, if it has multiple pages, in the top left & bottom left corners there is a navigation menu that can take you to the first page, last page, and a page select you can type in a page number.

firstlast.png.552d240aaa91c9f8bafade1728e3e0f1.png

As for going to the first unread post while you are already inside the thread, I don't believe it is possible. I believe the site marks a thread as being read when you enter it.

7 hours ago, Prydzopolis said:

Hey Mack,

I think my subscription just ran out, (no longer donator just a member) and got this message when I went to renew

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm65/prydzopolis/IMG_4027.jpeg

You might have already generated a 'renewal' (or the system did). I've resent it out. I've adjusted the settings so if there is a renewal request generated it's closer to the expiry date.

7 hours ago, Prydzopolis said:

Hey Mack,

I think my subscription just ran out, (no longer donator just a member) and got this message when I went to renew

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm65/prydzopolis/IMG_4027.jpeg

Just received an email with a link to renew, not sure if that was you or the automated one but all good now :)

edit: Just beat me to it :P

Edited by Prydzopolis