Squad Development 2017/18

1 hour ago, WSWBoro said:

ppppffffftttt September, your optimistic today...... I expect October for any other major addition to the squad and they should be about up to peak sometime between Christmas and Easter....

ohh how I cannot wait for our first up derby dicking....practice bending over now lads....

Cheer up, its going to be fine. We have already brought 3 decent players in, its still early. 

On 02/06/2017 at 3:40 PM, wswtragic said:

We should just get McDonald and be done with it. He's officially off Motherwell's books now - and if we sign him, we keep a spot for a half-decent import. Do it before the Wenger Boys get here.

McDonald was on the Box2Box pod on Friday. Worth a listen.

17 hours ago, WSWBoro said:

ppppffffftttt September, your optimistic today...... I expect October for any other major addition to the squad and they should be about up to peak sometime between Christmas and Easter....

ohh how I cannot wait for our first up derby dicking....practice bending over now lads....

#Popaout

haha nah, why do we always have to be slow starters though, ffs we have the longest off season in the world and we start every year like it's still pre season.

Long season, still gelling etc **** is getting old. This year should get interesting.

2 hours ago, xxBrandonxx said:

#Popaout

haha nah, why do we always have to be slow starters though, ffs we have the longest off season in the world and we start every year like it's still pre season.

Long season, still gelling etc **** is getting old. This year should get interesting.

I think some of the recruitment now is aom for the Arsenal game ad well as next seadon.

For next season, we have a settled line-up at the back. We still need a quality No 8 to replace Antonis (who was the eventual replacement for Andreu) who may be Roly. We still a quality winger, striker and attacking midfielder.

On 02/06/2017 at 3:40 PM, wswtragic said:

We should just get McDonald and be done with it. He's officially off Motherwell's books now - and if we sign him, we keep a spot for a half-decent import. Do it before the Wenger Boys get here.

And who do we get to play striker?

21 minutes ago, luisenrique said:

I'd take Barbarouses...

On the fence with this one. I think he'd be a great addition, but he's coming off a lousy season. Could he be someone popa could reignite? Probably. Was his last season a sign of more to come? Maybe. He's still at a good age and can still be dangerous.

2 minutes ago, ZachMercer said:

On the fence with this one. I think he'd be a great addition, but he's coming off a lousy season. Could he be someone popa could reignite? Probably. Was his last season a sign of more to come? Maybe. He's still at a good age and can still be dangerous.

Definitely a risk, but a smaller risk than anyone we'd sign from overseas. Proven it at this level for numerous seasons...I think playing for the Nix is a big factor in his lousy season last year. I know he's from NZ, but I think a lot of players struggle to find the motivation over there, for a number of reasons. I think his Victory form is closer to what we could expect.

I'm over the "project players"

We need quality to compete for trophies. Simple as that. The A-League has evolved. Only quality will win you championships and you need to start rd1 in good form. You can't take 8 games to come good.

Don't know why people are so impatient though. Leagues just finished and our season starts in Aug for FFA Cup.

Who cares about the Arsenal match. We have a team for that.

14 minutes ago, luisenrique said:

Definitely a risk, but a smaller risk than anyone we'd sign from overseas. Proven it at this level for numerous seasons...I think playing for the Nix is a big factor in his lousy season last year. I know he's from NZ, but I think a lot of players struggle to find the motivation over there, for a number of reasons. I think his Victory form is closer to what we could expect.

But he takes an import spot, right? And we're thin on these, with Jumpei and Roly taking two, and Borda cemented on like the scum you get on your frypan that you can't shift.

25 minutes ago, wswtragic said:

But he takes an import spot, right? And we're thin on these, with Jumpei and Roly taking two, and Borda cemented on like the scum you get on your frypan that you can't shift.

Ah yes. A trans-tasman league where players from either nation are considered as imports to opposing country. Now thats stupid (insert FFA rant)!

2 hours ago, Erebus said:

I'm over the "project players"

We need quality to compete for trophies. Simple as that. The A-League has evolved. Only quality will win you championships and you need to start rd1 in good form. You can't take 8 games to come good.

Don't know why people are so impatient though. Leagues just finished and our season starts in Aug for FFA Cup.

Who cares about the Arsenal match. We have a team for that.

The project players should be the ones from the academy. 

If we weren't looking at Ferreira as import we won't be looking at Kostas. He would want to see  serious money, and probably be on the road a lot with the NT.

We need to nail the remaining senior spots, and I am happy to wait. Last season we signed imports early, and just how well did that work?

Am sick and tired of these slow starts into the season. No more of this "but we are playing well in midfield" and "we are creating chances" crap.

Sign players who can make an impact and have them ready for Rd 1. How hard can it be? 

3 hours ago, wswtragic said:

Wait now....Borda is still a registered WSW player......**** me... 

If I was Popa I would have called Borda to the office, locked the door and literally make Borda eat every last scrap of his contract then bounce him of every wall in the office and the desk...

23 minutes ago, WSWBoro said:

Wait now....Borda is still a registered WSW player......**** me... 

If I was Popa I would have called Borda to the office, locked the door and literally make Borda eat every last scrap of his contract then bounce him of every wall in the office and the desk...

Hmmm .... transfermrkt doesn't have a "Contract until" date .....

https://www.transfermarkt.com/aritz-borda/profil/spieler/64381

1 hour ago, Jaggy said:

I'm slightly worries Thwaite will be another Cornthwaite Mk2 ?

We've been blessed to watch some great defenders during the first few seasons at The Wanderers.... Last season was the worst.

There's no chance of him being another Cornthwaite.

Cornthwaite was boss.

At best, Thwaite is 66% of Cornthwaite.

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic