Squad Development 2017/18

25 minutes ago, theguyyouwishyouwere said:

There's no chance of him being another Cornthwaite.

Cornthwaite was boss.

At best, Thwaite is 66% of Cornthwaite.

25 minutes ago, theguyyouwishyouwere said:

There's no chance of him being another Cornthwaite.

Cornthwaite was boss.

At best, Thwaite is 66% of Cornthwaite.

Haha,,,,,,He must have been an undercover boss as he was in most strikers back pocket during the game.

9 minutes ago, TheSweeper said:

You must be confused Jaggy number 17 is  Borda and 18 is Cornthwaite . Happens when you drink too much at the football I remember I thought Jumpei was a good player after round 1 .

I get what your saying Sweeper...Borda was another who had the first touch like a rogue elephant.

but Robbie for me compared with Beauchamp, NTS and Spiro is no student of Catenaccio :woah:

2 hours ago, Jaggy said:

I get what your saying Sweeper...Borda was another who had the first touch like a rogue elephant.

but Robbie for me compared with Beauchamp, NTS and Spiro is no student of Catenaccio :woah:

You missed out Alberto he was quite sexual for us at centre back 

2 hours ago, DinoPresinger said:

Cornthwaite is good. Don't know what game you've been watching.

I thought Robbie had a pretty dismal start but warmed and found his inner mongrel towards the end of season. If he carries that into the new season and maintains fitness he'll be good.

2 minutes ago, luisenrique said:

Excellent.

hy January, is that how long he's injured for?

I think you might be misreading it (and Roy).

Newcastle were talking to him this past January about leaving his Thai club (presumably for whatever reason his club no longer wanted him?) but he had the knee injury which meant he was going to be out longer than the rest of the season anyway.

His injury should be completely healed up by the start of pre-season.

1 minute ago, mack said:

I think you might be misreading it (and Roy).

Newcastle were talking to him this past January about leaving his Thai club (presumably for whatever reason his club no longer wanted him?) but he had the knee injury which meant he was going to be out longer than the rest of the season anyway.

His injury should be completely healed up by the start of pre-season.

Upon closer inspection it appears you are correct.

Bridge and kosta on the flanks risdon on the right with kosta epic greatest partnership since hersi and polenz 

anyword on marky Milligan!!!! 

Troisi too!!! It's gonna be a red and black year I can feel it wouldn't even bother with foreigners so much Aussie talent around

I'm a bit indifferent on the subject of players returning.

It's a bit like getting back together with your ex. Sure it's exciting at first because you've got all that nostalgia, but eventually that turns too often to unrealistically increased expectation. 

Sometimes I'd rather we have a punt on an unknown and be either pleased or disappointed than have someone return and potentially dilute what they have achieved.

11 minutes ago, ZachMercer said:

It's a bit like getting back together with your ex. Sure it's exciting at first because you've got all that nostalgia, but eventually that turns too often to unrealistically increased expectation. 

Sometimes I'd rather we have a punt on an unknown and be either pleased or disappointed than have someone return and potentially dilute what they have achieved.

but it worked well with bulut

20 minutes ago, ZachMercer said:

i think bridgey returning is a bit better than the likes of tyson and bulut.

1 hour ago, theguyyouwishyouwere said:

Dimi Petratos apparently looking to come back to the a-league. Brisbane and Newcastle are the two most likely destinations but i'd take him here in a heartbeat.

Petratos would be welcomed by me every day of the week. Looks like Newcastle is about take him back it, word is he just has to put pen to paper. They are building quite nicely this year. 

Edited by Upthehill
  • mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic