Sydney FC: Season 2017/18

• mack pinned this topic

If Honda turned down MLS, there'd be no amount of money any club could offer to bring him here

---------------------------

Well done FC on 16/17, head and shoulders above last season. Deserved winners and would have been a joke to lose the grand final but not be considered champions. Let's hope that this season we give you a bit more a challenge up north of the table!

On 5/12/2017 at 5:44 PM, Prydzopolis said:

If Honda turned down MLS, there'd be no amount of money any club could offer to bring him here

that doesn't mean anything.

i really doubt money is a big issue for the guy. his future would be secure enough to play wherever he wants.

i wouldn't be surprised if he returned to the J-league to play for Gamba Osaka or Nagoya Grampus again.

please let it be Nagoya

Just now, Erebus said:

Was there ever any indication that Parra v2 was going to be shared with SFC? That would make absolutely no sense at all.

I heard somewhere that SFC would be best to move away from the SFS into a more compact stadium.

2 minutes ago, Valter43 said:

New Smurf badge:

VyIBM1b.jpg

Kind of looks like one of the generic Pro Evolution Soccer badges. Still I think it's an improvement over their cartoonesque previous badge.

At least the Corel Draw 97 clip art soccer ball has gone 

53 minutes ago, Valter43 said:

New Smurf badge:

VyIBM1b.jpg

Kind of looks like one of the generic Pro Evolution Soccer badges. Still I think it's an improvement over their cartoonesque previous badge.

Yep , "a team for all of Sydney" ...with the Blacktown Opera House n the beautiful blue waters of Penrith Harbour........noice!      

at least the anchor meant something:

from the city of sydney coat of arms:

"The blue shield features a crown and anchor, symbols which have long been the working images for Sydney. The white anchor represents Sydney as a port city on Sydney Harbour and the discovery of Australia by a naval officer."

Looks like something the cove would draw up. Wonder how much of a cross section of fans the club 'consulted' with over this or was it just selective? Have fun with your generic logo boys

I think the Cove did draw it up. The original had an anchor at the bottom instead of the Federation Star - which makes no sense because it represents the Federation of Australia...and this is a team from Sydney only. I know they had the star in their original logo and it made no sense then also