Newcastle Jets: Season 2017/18

• mack pinned this topic
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, wswnick said:

https://www.fourfourtwo.com.au/news/jets-set-to-sign-venezuelan-international-vargas-473426

Appears to be Ronald Vargas, the guy we were looking at briefly around the same time we got Riera

I came on here to post this and then the mention of the Jets last marquee makes it better.

But I just got my photo taken with Emile Heskey he was doing a promo thing in Liverpool (the uk )

He was slightly bemused when I said I seen him play for the Jets at Campbeltown 

"nice to see you out of Topor Stanley's pocket" I didn't say

Edited by StringerBellend
  • 2 weeks later...

"full season Jets members receive FREE general admission entry into the F3 Derby at Central Coast Stadium"

"if your pack doesn’t arrive by Saturday, don’t let that stop you travelling down the F3 to support the boys! Our Membership Team will be set up on Dane Drive (opposite Central Coast Leagues Club) to provide temporary passes and assist you with any enquiries"

https://www.newcastlejets.com.au/news/members-everything-you-need-know-round-1

58 minutes ago, FCB said:

"full season Jets members receive FREE general admission entry into the F3 Derby at Central Coast Stadium"

"if your pack doesn’t arrive by Saturday, don’t let that stop you travelling down the F3 to support the boys! Our Membership Team will be set up on Dane Drive (opposite Central Coast Leagues Club) to provide temporary passes and assist you with any enquiries"

https://www.newcastlejets.com.au/news/members-everything-you-need-know-round-1

Over to you Perth / Nix membership teams to do the same thing for the distance derby. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
33 minutes ago, Carns said:

Massive. Really hope he does well and makes his mark. Will be a big loss for Newy but you'd be mad to turn down that chance.

Apparently he was offeredto us last season and Popa said no.

4 minutes ago, WSWBoro said:

He will be back in the HAL within a year.

If Mitchell Duke can continue to play in Japan for 4+ seasons, Nabbout should be able to cut it. Admittedly, he's going to one of the biggest teams in Japan (arguably one of the biggest in Asia) which will ramp up the pressure and expectations.

19 minutes ago, Carns said:

If Mitchell Duke can continue to play in Japan for 4+ seasons, Nabbout should be able to cut it. Admittedly, he's going to one of the biggest teams in Japan (arguably one of the biggest in Asia) which will ramp up the pressure and expectations.

Agreed. From Socceroos point of view I do hope he does well, he could do add some extra attack to the National team

I don't blame the kid for moving on but this is the biggest problem our under-funded competition has.

Newcastle got over 18000 people to their game on Saturday. Absolutely brilliant crowd. He scores a cracking goal and is the darling of the 18000 that turn up. It gave them all something to get excited about and something to look forward to and return to see next time. I gave a massive fist pump when he scored (mainly because it was against the Smurfs and the joy it gave me in seeing Arnie's salty face), but more than that, it's the type of football I love to watch in the A-League.

2 days later, he's off to Japan!

It's so disappointing that we don't have the finances, nor the exposure as a good enough league to play in, that we can't keep these types of players here. Don't start me on the way the game is being run in this country. This is just a small piece in a larger puzzle.

#Gallopout

8 minutes ago, GunnerWanderer said:

Absolute jokes

Buijs should be deported for the way he carried on 

Correct but if he hits or intends to hit it’s violent conduct. Then again so is O’Donovan. So much for Merrick’s no d...head policy.

Unfortunatey, another typical performance from an A-League Referee and his team missing the actual hit.