Wanderers CEO Threatens RBB

3 hours ago, lloydy136 said:

This isn't a response to that or anything else - its an agenda from the ffa through the clubs to end independent active support. NT last season - us this season.

I agree with 90% of the stuff you say on here but I'm not sure I buy this angle. If it is the case I'm disgusted.

The FFA is as weak as it's ever been. They've got FIFA breathing down their neck, they can't get agreement on their constitution. Now is the time to stick it up them. What's the FFA gonna do if WSW  refuse to send out the email, or at least water down the tone?

I actually can't see the FFA worrying about this stuff unless they think it's gonna win them political battles. Although, Gallop is the type of guy that would ignore the impending doom to focus on little **** he can control and win.

All in all, I agree with Mack, I think JT/Lederer are part of the hostile environment. 

9 minutes ago, lloydy136 said:

@btron

its just me putting the pieces together and drawing my own conclusions. they just seem to be using the same template as was used last season to put the NT to sleep which makes me think its part of a broader plan rather than just JT and co being fed up.

Yeah could be considering the new TV rights deal

Yeah that was my thought too. The timing has to be tied to the Arsenal game. Two possible plans come to mind.

1) They're worried about bad press around such a high profile game and they're trying to discourage it.

2) They're poking the bear to try and cause trouble at such a high profile game, giving them the justification to take action against the RBB.

7 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

That's the best comment I've read in this whole debate.

The problem is this is no debate or democracy as far as the club goes. The consensus is short term pain for long term gain if they need to get rid of (well im not sure who they are targeting or speaking of), but they seem determined.

I also agree with Taurus in that they are shitting themselves about the Arsenal game on the world stage. I think that they could chill out a touch..bloody hell

4 minutes ago, stavup said:

The problem is this is no debate or democracy as far as the club goes. The consensus is short term pain for long term gain if they need to get rid of (well im not sure who they are targeting or speaking of), but they seem determined.

I also agree with Taurus in that they are shitting themselves about the Arsenal game on the world stage. I think that they could chill out a touch..bloody hell

So what if there is a flare or two at the game though? Not directed at you but the club and FFA. The rest of the world wouldn't blink an eye at it, but the stupid ******* Aussie media would go ape-**** and that's all the FFA care about. Once again proves they have nfi.

IMO, what would be far worse would be if fans started throwing banana's at players who aren't anglo white. But, apparently, that's not seen as being so bad in this country. It seems to get covered up as much as possible in the AWFUL.

1 hour ago, Wanderboy said:

So what if there is a flare or two at the game though? Not directed at you but the club and FFA. The rest of the world wouldn't blink an eye at it, but the stupid ******* Aussie media would go ape-**** and that's all the FFA care about. Once again proves they have nfi.

IMO, what would be far worse would be if fans started throwing banana's at players who aren't anglo white. But, apparently, that's not seen as being so bad in this country. It seems to get covered up as much as possible in the AWFUL.

Well this is the reality and the double standard...

11 minutes ago, mack said:

People often forget just how much all A-League clubs & owners (and the FFA & Police) hate active groups, because they don't control them.

Con Constantine at the Jets once threatened to throw the leader of the Jets active support (Squadron) off the grandstand, after he called them into his corporate box during a game, at other times they've constantly been shifted around the stadium, despite them having not enough fans to make where they sit matter and have now shut down completely.

South Australian Police & Adelaide United have been in running battles since the team started just to get the right to chant. Any second group that tries to get started is hammered by the cops until they quit. Perth have had their own battles. Victory well you should all know that story by now. Security in Brisbane is overzealous and run by NRL loving bogan seccos.

The only teams that don't have issues are Wellington (because they barely qualify as an active support group and 30 drunk Kiwis in a stadium with 30,000 empty seats isn't going to be a problem), Mariners (because they don't have a group at all) and the SFC (because SFC = FFA = Lowy Family = no negative media coverage).

A group of people who aren't controlled by the club is bad in the eyes of the club & FFA. Hence the ludicrous attempt by our CEO to rope in stooges to become "leaders" in the "new era" of club approved cheerleading. Satanic banners, flares, "offensive chants", standing, naughty facebook posts, moshing, chanting over the national anthem, drowing out Jason Derulo... the clubs & FFA will say whatever they want to regain control. They were embarrassed by the active support boycott. This is their revenge. First NT, Squadron by collateral damage, and now aiming at the RBB.

Great post Mack, well put.

One hell of a fight ahead for the RBB, starting the 25th July at that forum....

19 minutes ago, mack said:

The only teams that don't have issues are Wellington (because they barely qualify as an active support group and 30 drunk Kiwis in a stadium with 30,000 empty seats isn't going to be a problem),

:lol:

Harsh. 

I also think that kiwis in general are more relaxed. The whole country is like a big rural town. Wellington is the capital and only has like 300,000 people. I was there once and went down to a venue in the expensive touristy part of town during the day to buy a ticket to a gig that night. The place looked kind of nightclubby so I asked if there was any dress code. The guy selling me the ticket thinks for a second...

"nah, not really...

...probably just make sure you wear shoes"

HAHA love it.

The NPL2 point is a good one. Why are all the members getting an email about that when at best, I dunno, maybe 5% of the active supporters were at that game? It's ridiculous. 

Threatening to suspend the entire active section because of what a huge minority do at an NPL2 game ffs. (as well as the other things which I already addressed). 

For people supposedly concerned about our image in the eyes of sponsors etc, they sure have done a great job of putting our name out there in a positive light this week...

I agree that the club shouldn't react to actions of a small group of fans. They should leave us alone unless the majority, as in at least 51% of all members light flares. 

I also agree that the club was funded, and is sponsored by suits whose sole intention is to control our freedomz. 

Oh yeah, and the FFA is bad too. It's everyone else's fault and there is just too much overreaction. 

1 hour ago, luisenrique said:

The NPL2 point is a good one. Why are all the members getting an email about that when at best, I dunno, maybe 5% of the active supporters were at that game? It's ridiculous. 

Threatening to suspend the entire active section because of what a huge minority do at an NPL2 game ffs. (as well as the other things which I already addressed). 

For people supposedly concerned about our image in the eyes of sponsors etc, they sure have done a great job of putting our name out there in a positive light this week...

There were 2 incidents about 8 - 10 weeks ago at NPL2 games.  

The 1st incident occurred at BFP (Spartans home venue) when a couple of smokies / flares were ripped on the hill, near the completion of the match. No damage done, boys & their toys type incident. A sub group banner was being displayed on that occasion. 

z6qsnGAcL57YFR_-.jpg
0:56
The 2nd incident occurred a couple of weeks later at Lily's (Blacktown City's home venue) when flares were discharged. One of which was projected 'rocket style' onto the synthetic pitch & appeared to damage a small portion of the surface, before being removed by players / officials. The caretaker at the venue was observed to collect the offending items at the conclusion of match. I don't recall seeing any sub group banners at this match.

C_yCIfJUwAAqtHv.jpg

Subsequent to these incidents, WSW were put on notice by Football NSW that the CLUB'S NPL2 squad have been issued with a 12 point suspended sentence (which converts to 48 Club Championship points) & potential fines, should there be a repeat of such behaviour at any matches.

Whilst the club hadn't until this week, articulated any of the the above to the general membership, I'm aware that they have become very concerned about any further incidents at NPL2 games. So much so, that the fuzz were contacted at our game v's Mt Druitt at Popondetta about 4 weeks ago, when a random group of active supporters turned up, resulting in the LAC & later, the riot squad paying the venue a visit. 

A couple of weeks ago, SFC were docked 6 points (24 Club Championship points) by Football NSW in the NPL1 competition, after a fracas involving their fans & SUS members, at the conclusion of a match at Lambert Park. 

Well those pictures show what a tiny percentage of fans were involved (in ******* idiotic behaviour I might add, in the second instance). I don't mind them articulating that to us...in fact, if they had provided the detail that you have, people might understand their position a bit more...but again, threatening the entire active support because of the actions of what looks like about 7 people there is strange.

After 2 seasons of fines & suspended points sentences at ALeague level & now this at NPL2 level, the club appear to have lost patience with the < 1% of 'active' supporters, that don't appear willing or able to heed the message.

Given the heat that they are receiving from FFA & sponsors, they probably see no alternative than to impart some of the responsibility on the leadership group of the RBB & the various sub-groups that coalesce within our active support.

We have already had lots of sensible comments on here. Little hysteria.  Its bloody great to see most posters are able to see both sides too.
Let's hope the forum is satisfying all round because my beef isn't with the club but with the FFA and the police who are being egged on by mainstream media and anti-sokah brigade generally who don't get the game and are running on hackneyed stereotypes of wogs, ethnic violence and a game so boring a fight breaks out.
But we have come so far and this awesome club and its fans which I have fallen in love with is a massive reason for the relative success of the game. The trend is positive.
Yes harsh words are yet to be spoken,  robust discussion as the pollies say, but we have to try and emerge united. I don't want the anti sokah mob to win. Gleefully point out 'I told you so'. How satisfying will it be if we are bigger and noisier and more colourful than ever but give the police zero reason to complain. Show we are  not cowed and we certainly aren't giving up because we love this club too much for that. Because we love the whole match day experience. Why should we give that. We don't need to.
Who knows we may even give our club good reason to legitimately call for reduced policing. Even more $$$ then for the squad :)

15 minutes ago, beatsurrender said:

We have already had lots of sensible comments on here. Little hysteria.  Its bloody great to see most posters are able to see both sides too.
Let's hope the forum is satisfying all round because my beef isn't with the club but with the FFA and the police who are being egged on by mainstream media and anti-sokah brigade generally who don't get the game and are running on hackneyed stereotypes of wogs, ethnic violence and a game so boring a fight breaks out.
But we have come so far and this awesome club and its fans which I have fallen in love with is a massive reason for the relative success of the game. The trend is positive.
Yes harsh words are yet to be spoken,  robust discussion as the pollies say, but we have to try and emerge united. I don't want the anti sokah mob to win. Gleefully point out 'I told you so'. How satisfying will it be if we are bigger and noisier and more colourful than ever but give the police zero reason to complain. Show we are  not cowed and we certainly aren't giving up because we love this club too much for that. Because we love the whole match day experience. Why should we give that. We don't need to.
Who knows we may even give our club good reason to legitimately call for reduced policing. Even more $$$ then for the squad :)

:good:  :good:  :good:

Hypothetically, what if the club and/or venue decided that they didn't want police present (and therefore no costs involved) and only wanted their own security... I know the police have authority to enter in the circumstances but they shouldn't be able to charge. Taxpayers already cover the cost of police, now companies (football clubs) have to pay extra... double dipping much?

On the NPL2 thing, i know where the club is coming from but that really could of been anyone, especially past banned members. The banned members are more likely to go the NPL2 games because they ultimately can.

Hard to really punish the entire support group on the basis of that.

What can the RBB leadership do in these events when they are not there and just some random 10 supporters.