Wanderers CEO Threatens RBB

3 hours ago, btron3000 said:

https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/afl/news/flare-ripped-on-the-hill-at-adelaide-oval-during-crowscats

Only took till the third sentence to play it down.

"It looked like it was put out fairly quickly."

Didn't you know, thats because AFL fans use special 'Safety' flares. They can be put out very quickly, and no-one every mentions it again. :ninja:

Not like Football fans that use the 'Oh-my-god-won't-someone-think-of-the-children' flares.

These flares ignite (debate) in whole cities, and some people can't EVER stop mentioning them.

Apparently they're much more dangerous, and can only be put out with lots of indiscriminate pepper spray. 

3 hours ago, BrightSpark said:

Didn't you know, thats because AFL fans use special 'Safety' flares. They can be put out very quickly, and no-one every mentions it again. :ninja:

Not like Football fans that use the 'Oh-my-god-won't-someone-think-of-the-children' flares.

These flares ignite (debate) in whole cities, and some people can't EVER stop mentioning them.

Apparently they're much more dangerous, and can only be put out with lots of indiscriminate pepper spray. 

They use the larrikin brand ones not suburban terrorist

On 14/07/2017 at 1:39 PM, CaptainJess said:

Here's a novel idea. A Wanderers Fan Consultation Group. 

They would meet four times a year, raise any concerns which would be noted and the minutes would be forwarded to club. The club would then have to respond to the group and this response would be placed on the Wanderers website along with the minutes. Fans could consult with a representative to raise an issue or they could send correspondence to the group via email or care of the club. 

The make-up could be something like this:

- RBB Rep

- WST Rep

- Family Rep

- Female Rep

- WSF Rep

- Supporter Member Rep

- General Fan Rep

The club could then nominate a rep or two to be at the meetings as well. 

To be honest, this would be much more fruitful and conducive than the member forums we have. Nearly every fan type is represented, meeting four times a year means issues can constantly be discussed, and the club then has time to formulate a proper response for us. If a fan has an issue, they can take it up with any of the representatives and it can raised at the meetings if reasonable.

It would stop the whole "why was xx signed" "why don't you buy Ronaldo" "why do you only sign Croatians" stupidity that happens at every member forum. 

I want full credit from the club for this idea :P 

Someone is clearly reading the forum. 

So where to from here?

Sounds like last night was unsatisfactory. Perhaps they need to do something on a smaller scale for the active support like that round table thing they did with Bozza chairing. Not sure who represented the RBB that night.

Never going to resolve the active issue in a big open forum.

On the way forward:

- Last night was unsatisfactory in many aspects but I think it wasn't too bad in terms of the active issue

- I think lots of people unhappy as a result of the email and I don't think that will change.

- The lines of communication completely broke down after one of the core group leadership group got banned after the banner incident. The club were not innocent in all this too and not getting a reply to 1 email does not excuse the club in this circumstance.

- The RBB were represented on the night by two representatives who promised to reopen lines of communication with the club and work on a way forward.

- The issue is leadership. When JT called for leaders and everyone put up there hand, I think that was more about everyone taking responsibility on the terrace (well I hope so). What the club want is a group of 4 or 5 that will form the leadership group that will have dialogue and open communication with the club. (By the way JT confirmed that he didn't want to take control, influence or impact the independence of active support)

Did we resolve all the issues? No. Was the night a bit of a schemolze? Yes. In saying that I believe that we actually have taken the first step forward. All the next steps will be taken behind closed doors but I walked away with a positive feeling as a result of the forum. The RBB have no intention of walking away but the club need them to change a few things before things can move forward.

• 4 weeks later...