Wanderers CEO Threatens RBB

2 minutes ago, marron said:

They used to.

as I said I believe there was a meeting coming up. The first in a long while. It seems strange that this communication should come out now, when that hasn't happened yet, or not strange, if new club appointed liaisons are what's happening regardless. 

I am not going to assume anything here but do you know when was the last meeting between the RBB and the club. How long ago? Were there any meetings last season?

4 minutes ago, DinoPresinger said:

haha beach balls are banned at the cricket I imagine the same would be true for the A-league. Not sure why

Those oversided foam fingers you put on your hand are the future of WSW active support, add that to your list.

Wanderers clap clap clap

Wanderers clap clap clap

Wanderers clap clap clap

Cant wait

Edited by WSWBoro

Seems very clear the club doesn't like dealing with the negatives that come with our active support and has no confidence in active leaders , issues ultimatum to change leadership or close the active area . 

Very  interesting questions about leadership of active groups . 

Should  we be upset about an attempt to oust undemocratically positioned  leaders by a puppet regime ? 

Are there others leaders out there that are better than what we currently have and how is it possible to change even if the members want to ? 

This is set up for failure and another bad publicity opportunity . 

8 minutes ago, Jukes01 said:

I am not going to assume anything here but do you know when was the last meeting between the RBB and the club. How long ago? Were there any meetings last season?

If not, what have the club management been doing in the last couple of months?

9 minutes ago, Taurus said:

I've been scratching my head thinking about what was mean't by the use of the term pain point & it's relationship to other members. 

Thanks to Urban Dictionary I have an answer.

Something that annoys or causes a loss in productivity. A "pain point" is just another word for complaint but some idiot in marketing decided that actually saying what you mean just isn't fun.

Microsoft sales rep: "Tell me, what some of your "pain points" are in regards to our latest update to Vista?"

This will be a hugely unpopular comment but here goes.

What are pain points for other members? For those of us on the outside of active support who have to watch the shot show "What's going to happen this week? And will be fined and lose points for it?"

1 minute ago, Jukes01 said:

I don't know exactly jukes - certainly before tifogate though. Pretty sure there were meetings about the new processes at the new stadia so maybe then, at the earliest? 

9 minutes ago, Upthehill said:

This will be a hugely unpopular comment but here goes.

What are pain points for other members? For those of us on the outside of active support who have to watch the shot show "What's going to happen this week? And will be fined and lose points for it?"

we have never lost points for anything the RBB has done

people love to take the advantages of the RBB but whenever one person does something wrong in the RBB are willing to throw the entire group under a bus

1 minute ago, GoatyMcGoatFace said:

we have never lost points for anything the RBB has done

people love to take the advantages of the RBB but whenever one person does something wrong in the RBB are willing to throw the entire group under a bus

Yeah see that's the attitude I ******* hate. "It wasn't specifically me, so there's no problem". I'm not throwing the entire group under the bus, just the ones who can't admit there might be a small problem.

We are currently on suspended points or at least were. If you're cool with that, fine. Many of us normies are not. The question was asked earlier about whether other fans would want it differently, well if most of us are forced to choose between RBB and points, we'll take the points...

i love the RBB, and maybe it's the dirty capitalist in me, but everything has a cost v outcome value ratio.

Reported in guardian, poor article by their usually decent standards 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jul/12/red-and-black-bloc-threatened-with-closure-as-wanderers-run-out-of-patience?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

makes it sound like we had riots every week

--

On the email, this was always going to happen post tifogate especially given the RBB response and the flares at the ACL game  I'm surprised it took this long.

The wording is interesting talks of new active support and new people to lead. No real mention of RBB, it reads like they want a entirely new group 

Club really knows how to get us excited for the new season doesn't it? 

1 minute ago, Upthehill said:

Yeah see that's the attitude I ******* hate. "It wasn't specifically me, so there's no problem". I'm not throwing the entire group under the bus, just the ones who can't admit there might be a small problem.

We are currently on suspended points or at least were. If you're cool with that, fine. Many of us normies are not. The question was asked earlier about whether other fans would want it differently, well if most of us are forced to choose between RBB and points, we'll take the points...

i love the RBB, and maybe it's the dirty capitalist in me, but everything has a cost v outcome value ratio.

but i am not part of the RBB, so i am not directly being punished, yes there are a few people who do things they shouldnt be doing, find them and ban them and that is it

i dont want to lose points but i really hate the idea of punishing an entire group for the actions of a few, we shouldnt be costing our club money either so i do get where they are coming from but punish the individual, i would hate members of the RBB having to constantly be watching out for someone about to rip a flare and stop them before they do that, the RBB should chant and support the team and both the police and security should do their jobs and not force every member of the RBB to do their jobs for them

1 minute ago, GoatyMcGoatFace said:

but i am not part of the RBB, so i am not directly being punished, yes there are a few people who do things they shouldnt be doing, find them and ban them and that is it

i dont want to lose points but i really hate the idea of punishing an entire group for the actions of a few, we shouldnt be costing our club money either so i do get where they are coming from but punish the individual, i would hate members of the RBB having to constantly be watching out for someone about to rip a flare and stop them before they do that, the RBB should chant and support the team and both the police and security should do their jobs and not force every member of the RBB to do their jobs for them

I'm with you, absolutely we shouldn't punish the collective for the actions of individuals. But right now, the public response from the senior leadership hasn't endeared them to the rest of the fans.

3 minutes ago, btron3000 said:

No you don't. You love what the RBB have provided you.

Rubbish. I've got a lot of close friends in that group. I love what they stand for (for the most part) and their persistence.

The fact that you go into victim mode from simple criticism pretty much sums up the attitude problem I've observed

9 minutes ago, Upthehill said:

I'm with you, absolutely we shouldn't punish the collective for the actions of individuals. But right now, the public response from the senior leadership hasn't endeared them to some of the fans.

Fixed.

Speak for yourself champ.

I'm one of those "rest of the fans" and I certainly don't share your sentiments.

Whether you agree or not is neither here nor there to me.

Edited by Wanderboy
9 minutes ago, btron3000 said:

Modern day scabs crossing the picket line. I want to see the type of person who would be happy to jump on the back of the work of the RBB and try to be the new "leaders". 

In every corner of society this **** is happening. Don't walk there, don't do this. We better do a risk analysis. You can't eat here because we've designated it a smoking area and you don't have the right to choose to eat around this smoke. You can't come back in after this time. Drink from this plastic cup, don't stand up in front of me etc. etc.

The RBB was a haven from this gentrified world. A place to sing and scream and jump around. A place where you still get to be a bit primal. Where that thing in the pit of our guts that society is slowly sucking out from us - our souls, our ******* lifeforce - is able to be released.

And now that's going to. They simply don't get it. They think that they can have the passion and atmosphere without anyone going a bit too far every now and then. Well you can't. If you take away the passion, the chance to release the primal urge, all you are left with is empty souls filling a stadium. Maybe that is what they really wanted all along. 

Good comparison, whoever takes the offer from the club is pretty much the sporting definition of a scab and deserves a firm slap. Jack Londons description of a scab can be applied to anybody who accepts the club endorsed leadership position:

“After God had finished the rattlesnake, the toad, the vampire, He had some awful substance left with which He made a scab.

A scab is a two-legged animal with a cork-screw soul, a water-logged brain, a combination backbone of jelly and glue. Where others have hearts, he carries a tumor of rotten principles.

When a scab comes down the street, men turn their backs and angels weep in heaven, and the Devil shuts the gates of Hell to keep him out.

No man has a right to scab so long as there is a pool of water to drown his carcass in, or a rope long enough to hang his body with. Judas Iscariot was a gentleman compared with a scab. For betraying his master, he had character enough to hang himself. A scab has not.

Esau sold his birthright for a mess of pottage. Judas Iscariot sold his Savior for thirty pieces of silver. Benedict Arnold sold his country for a promise of a commission in the British Army. The modern strikebreaker sells his birthright, his country, his wife, his children and his fellow men for an unfulfilled promise from his employer, trust or corporation.

Esau was a traitor to himself: Judas Iscariot was a traitor to his God; Benedict Arnold was a traitor to his country; a strikebreaker is a traitor to his God, his country, his wife, his family and his class.”