Coach and Staff Thread 2017/18

honestly after some things that were said i'll only accept a huge oversea's coaching appointment, since that is apparently what the club is aiming for, still expecting paul okon or frank farina

Let the speculation begin. 

1. We are supposedly the heartland of football right - we should have a ton ex-players and coaches in the region who we could implement.

2. We don't necessarily have to look overseas but I wouldn't rule anyone out either.

3. Understand what you are trying to do at the club and stick with your man through thick and thin.

4. My preference is a good young coach, who understands the area and is a strong personality

5. Doesn't have to be an established coach, even look at NPL. Last thing I want is another recycled A-league coach.

You could choose any number of coaches  - Milicic, Rudan, Blagojevic, Crittenden, Pappas, Anastasiades, Jason Culina, Andres Carrasco, Foxe (didn't get a fair go)

Just throwing randoms out there, lets get some names and see what we come up with. 

Edited by Jukes01
47 minutes ago, Jukes01 said:

Let the speculation begin. 

1. We are supposedly the heartland of football right - we should have a ton ex-players and coaches in the region who we could implement.

2. We don't necessarily have to look overseas but I wouldn't rule anyone out either.

3. Understand what you are trying to do at the club and stick with your man through thick and thin.

4. My preference is a good young coach, who understands the area and is a strong personality

5. Doesn't have to be an established coach, even look at NPL. Last thing I want is another recycled A-league coach.

You could choose any number of coaches  - Milicic, Rudan, Blagojevic, Crittenden, Pappas, Anastasiades, Jason Culina, Andres Carrasco, Foxe (didn't get a fair go)

I personally dont give 2 sh+ts about the recycled thing. We have a limited amount of players and coaches, if someone will get the job done, sign them up.

That said I'd love to see Crittenden - I think he's been a fantastic coach at the NPL level for a number of years, and he has gotten results. I eill say that I'm only backing him simply because I dont think Milicic will say yes to the Wanderers job

Fox may have been our man but I suspect his early success came due to Popas work

4 hours ago, theguyyouwishyouwere said:

Probably setting sights a little high, but what about Alen Stajcic?

No way he's leaving until after the Women's WC.

6 hours ago, Upthehill said:

For me even someone like Mark crittenden would be work a shot. He’s doing something right at Blacktown. Can’t blame the club for wanting to reduce any risk right now though.

He's a semi-pro manager. He might have done good at some low 

The "worldwide search" will be for coaches who have second division experience in places like Germany, Holland, Spain.

I liked Crittenden, but the odd extraordinary personality aside, I doubt the Wanderers post is one for a manager who has not had much experience at pretty high levels (top league in a small country, div 2 in large one). The club is in a very different place now to when Popa started (and he is a pretty extraordinary personality). It won't accept failure, and the pressure and scrutiny, not to mention dealing with the politics and innuendo, if things get a little bumpy, requires an experienced hand.

Football nous aside, Okon's personality is wrong. He's a fiery customer who seems to believe that the world is against him. He'd be jumping at shadows his whole time here. Popa was great at ignoring the BS and just focusing the playing group. Actually, I'm starting to come around to bringing back Popa haha.

Foxe might have been ok, and maybe the biggest mistake was trying to replace our coach a few weeks into the season. After all, how many good coaches are on the market at that time. Maybe they should have stuck with Foxe for a year, giving them time to really suss out what they wanted and finding the right guy, while also giving Foxe his chance to shine. Can't bring him back now.

I am also not a huge fan of giving a number 2 his chance (aside from Milicic), but if someone wows them in the recruiting process, then maybe.

9 hours ago, mack said:

No way he's leaving until after the Women's WC.

He's a semi-pro manager. He might have done good at some low 

The "worldwide search" will be for coaches who have second division experience in places like Germany, Holland, Spain.

Sure but that’s exactly how managers work their way up. I have no clue what budget they’ve set for this person so it’s a bit hard to know exactly what they’re going for

1 hour ago, theguyyouwishyouwere said:

dik9nhbxcaaxub7.jpg?itok=6KGpTtbG

As much as I would like to see the "Harry's home" headline, can't see him leaving the UK.