AFL/NRL/Union/Cricket Bashing Thread 3

mack

This was brought up a little while ago but s**t is about to get real.

Get ready for a s**tstorm. These scumbags are muscling in on football territory more than ever....

nb: There was a graphic they included in the article which I wanted to paste but I'm pretty useless at this sort of stuff so I couldn't. The graphic, if you haven't already guessed, was a football pitch with aussie rules posts overlayed.

Radical new concept AFLX set to be launched on pre-finals bye weekend

Chris Cavanagh, Herald Sun

June 22, 2017 9:29am

THE AFL is reportedly preparing to launch a Twenty20-inspired version of the game later this year which is seen as the answer to opening up international markets.

After months of secret trials, AFLX — a high-octane, seven-a-side version of football played on soccer-sized grounds with quarters shortened to 10 minutes — is being slated to be shown off to fans on the pre-finals bye weekend this year.

DO YOU LIKE THE CONCEPT? HAVE YOUR SAY BELOW

The AFL says it is looking to showcase the new version of the game between the best players from teams that miss this year’s finals series.

Prizemoney and incentives are being discussed while matches which could be televised nationally on Fox Footy.

The Herald Sun reported in February that Port Adelaide was putting its weight behind the AFLX concept as it looks to grow the game in China.

“We’ve had Auskick and AFL approved by the Chinese education department in Beijing to be an approved sport to play at school,” Power chairman David Koch said.

“So they’re massive steps forward for us to try the game up there. But it’s all about the field and that’s why sevens is a way better option.”

AFL football operations boss Simon Lethlean told the Herald Sun at the time that AFLX had a point of difference that could attract new fans.

“Any time you can get the best players playing in a different, fun format, I think it’s shown it can be successful in other sports and we think our product’s as good as everyone’s so we’re trying to find different ways and options to play,” he said.

The AFL trialled the concept with North Melbourne during the pre-season and made adjustments after a series of further practice matches between players from VFL sides.

Port Melbourne coach and former Hawthorn champion Gary Ayres was part of the trials and said in March he was a fan of AFLX.

“It is very, very fast. It’s very much about high-scoring, fast play,” he said.

“If you get burnt on a turnover or a poor kick or poor decision, generally you get scored against and scored against very quickly. It’s a bit like (the ball is) up one end one second and then up the other end in another.

WHAT IS AFLX?

PLAYED on a soccer-size pitch. Trial games have been played between teams of seven players, with three on the interchange bench.

ONE umpire, no centre bounces and kick-ins from full-back after each goal.

QUARTERS last 10 minutes.

Edited by Jukes75
16 minutes ago, SBW said:

NRL has $100m debt. 

They refuse to fund grassroots footy and Country rugby league on the multi billion dollar tv deal they got sothey can service the debt.

Does that mean no more free seasons for the young ones.

1 hour ago, hawks2767 said:

AFLX won't last, it's a gimmick to try halt the rise of football.

I'm not so sure mate.

These southerners are a ******* weird lot.

Sure, it's to try and halt the rise of football, but if it get's Foxtel coverage, you watch it take off down there.

4 hours ago, Paul01 said:

All we need now is the AFL to go broke as well.

Highly doubt it... they have over $260m in their account (their claim) and they are able to fund the Auskick programs in NSW schools and bribe local councils to turn parks into AFL grounds and have junior Rugby League clubs who don't have any cash get kicked out.

1 hour ago, SBW said:

Highly doubt it... they have over $260m in their account (their claim) and they are able to fund the Auskick programs in NSW schools and bribe local councils to turn parks into AFL grounds and have junior Rugby League clubs who don't have any cash get kicked out.

But we can dream that AFL can lose lots of money.

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 4:44 PM, hawks2767 said:

They are losing lots of money in Western Sydney, 6 years in and look at all they have to show for their investment.

They have a successful team and that's about it. Why? Because they've been gifted all the best young AFL talent in the land. Basically, the AFL hierarchy has rigged it to make sure they are successful on the field. I wonder what the traditional Melbourne clubs think? I'm sure they're told to STFU about it.

Still, and most amusingly, no one in western Sydney gives a **** about them tbh.

Yet they still falsify crowd and membership numbers to make themselves believe that GWS is a growing powerhouse, and they manipulate Murdoch print media space with propaganda that would put the 70's/80's Soviet Union to shame.

The sport is a national disgrace. And that's before I've even started on the endemic racism and drug cover ups.

5 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

They have a successful team and that's about it. Why? Because they've been gifted all the best young AFL talent in the land. Basically, the AFL hierarchy has rigged it to make sure they are successful on the field. I wonder what the traditional Melbourne clubs think? I'm sure they're told to STFU about it.

Still, and most amusingly, no one in western Sydney gives a **** about them tbh.

Yet they still falsify crowd and membership numbers to make themselves believe that GWS is a growing powerhouse, and they manipulate Murdoch print media space with propaganda that would put the 70's/80's Soviet Union to shame.

The sport is a national disgrace. And that's before I've even started on the endemic racism and drug cover ups.

While picking up my neices son from the local primary school today,there were at least a dozen kids of all ages wearing WSW jerseys...( mufti day )...no afl or nrl at all. lol

Edited by sonar
1 minute ago, sonar said:

While picking up my neices son from the local primary school today,there were at least a dozen kids of all ages wearing WSW jerseys...( mufti day )...no afl or nrl at all. lol

I actually commented to young Wanderboy yesterday.

For the first time ever, I saw a GWS sticker on the back of someone's car. It was in Castle Hill.

We both had a good laugh!!

46 minutes ago, Jukes75 said:

Maybe they were visiting from Canberra

Might be true. I've seen a handful of gws stickers here and some Canberran ferals on my Facebook post pictures of going to games. 

I remember once seeing a car with GWS, Swans and I think they're called Lions stickers on the back of his car. I should have rear ended the ****wit lol. 

Edited by Valter43
On 6/27/2017 at 1:25 PM, hawks2767 said:

Canberra has warmed to 'their' team, they have 4000 members - most buying memberships but they're fans of other clubs and it works out cheaper to go watch.

I still maintain Western Sydney has shown nothing more than indifference to AFL.

Outright hatred would be more fun.

This is the key to the appeal of the Manuka Midgets to the Canberra community. If the AFL took away the Midgets from our nation's capital all the expat and dislocated Victorians, Tasmanians, South Australians and West Australians would have no one to go see to get their fix of aerial ping pong, or see their own preferred club.

The Canberra Caucasians also operate on a similar basis up here. I can guarantee you a shitload of people who are members of the Orange & Black Clowns and who live in western Sydney are more interested i seeing Carlton, Hawthorn, Collingwood etc.

Fook GWS

34 minutes ago, WSWBoro said:

B & I Lions beat the All Blacks in a rainy Wullingtun :xbop::clapping:Decider next weekend.

I know what most here think about Union, it can be a shitty with far too ******* much stopping and starting but did enjoy that hard atritional stuff.

Hey! There's no enjoyment on this thread!! It's a BASHING thread!!!!:nono:

:P 

I'll bash it - the Brits are proud that the combined strength of 4 countries managed to squeak over the line by 3 pts against a team who had a man sent off in the 20th minute!

(I had a birthday to go to last night and a Brit friend wanted to watch the game at a pub on the way, otherwise I wouldn't know anything about this game).

8 hours ago, btron3000 said:

I'll bash it - the Brits are proud that the combined strength of 4 countries managed to squeak over the line by 3 pts against a team who had a man sent off in the 20th minute!

(I had a birthday to go to last night and a Brit friend wanted to watch the game at a pub on the way, otherwise I wouldn't know anything about this game).

You sound as bitter as some Kiwi's today lol

Union is the national sport of NZ, they have won like 45 test straight, no one has beaten NZ in NZ for so long...... The send off was deserved, and the Lions did their best to **** it up and NZ looked very strong even with a man down. Man sent off or not, it was some gutsy win by the Lions.

As for it being combined 4 counties, the fact it is a combined team makes it all the harder. It is a team full of people that play for different countries, although they have been preparing for the tour for months and have hardly just been thrown together they are still not a settled national squad who spend every year playing together, they have such a short time to get up to speed when they land in their tour country. The fact a team that is a 'best of' team and not a individual national side that has beaten NZ is a massive achievement and shows it is probably the greatest Lions side since 1971.

Edited by WSWBoro

This could hurt league, police are saying some players betting on games ... this is big big stuff ... 

NRL: Police probing illegal bets, money laundering and salary cap cheating

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-salary-cap-crisis-police-reportedly-investigating-suspected-breaches-at-manly-sea-eagles-other-nrl-clubs/news-story/3f523adeebe3c0ff651ad4e7ec8489c6

UPDATE: POLICE have uncovered what they believe could be a raft of spot fixing, money laundering and illegal third party payments during their investigation into alleged NRL match fixing.

One of the cash payments being investigated is as much as $300,000 and involves an NRL player.

The Daily Telegraph understands police are now focused on NRL players betting on themselves in exotic markets.

Police suspect Manly may have breached salary cap rules involving at least one player, a development that has sparked another major investigation by the NRL’s integrity unit.

However, police are set to clear anyone of being involved in organised match fixing from the original Strike Force Nuralda investigation involving three Manly Sea Eagles matches in the 2015-16 seasons.

Their opponents were Parramatta twice and South Sydney.

A senior source close to the investigation told The Daily Telegraph there are now suggestions of betting irregularities in multiple matches involving a number of NRL teams in previous seasons.

Allegations of tax evasion and other potential criminal activities have also been raised.

Some players are alleged to have passed on inside information regarding team selection and injuries to punters.

It is understood some NRL players are cooperating with police, while others are reluctant to discuss the allegations.

More players from multiple clubs are expected to be interviewed in coming weeks.

The NRL has taken a tough stance against spot fixing involving former Wests Tigers centre Tim Simona, who was banned indefinitely earlier this year.

Police have also questioned the NRL regarding the code’s use of third party payments, with suggestions illegal payments may have been made outside the salary cap to players.

The salary cap investigation extends to other clubs.

Parramatta lost 12 points as part of a massive salary cap scandal last season that was revealed by The Daily Telegraph.

The Daily Telegraph understands several whistleblowers have provided evidence to the NRL’s integrity unit about front office issues at Manly.

The Sea Eagles released a statement on Wednesday night saying they had not broken any rules.

“There are in fact no allegations that the club has been the subject of in relation to any components of the NRL salary cap or lower tier cap compliance,” the statement read. “Quite the contrary we recently had our 2017 midyear salary cap audit completed by the NRL in record time and without adjustment.

“The club remains the benchmark in relation to both salary cap and playing roster management at all levels across the NRL, something we remain immensely proud of.

This leading compliance position has been confirmed by the NRL over the past three years being the tenure of the current salary cap management team of the club.”

Strike Force Nuralda’s investigation was set to be finalised before this season started but was extended when new information about possible criminal behaviour was given to investigators during interviews with the powerful NSW crime commission and passed onto the NSW organised crime squad.

The NSW Crime Commission is often used by NSW because it has ‘coercive powers’ to jail witnesses who do not answer questions or lie to them.

A number of players and officials will be interviewed in the coming weeks and months about their knowledge or role in any alleged illegal behaviour involved in betting, salary breaches or money laundering.

The NRL said it was in regular discussions with police on matters relating to the game.

The NRL said it did not currently have any evidence of violations which would warrant disciplinary action.

“However, we are in constant dialogue with the police and will take action if it is warranted,” an NRL spokesman said.

6 hours ago, Midfielder said:

This could hurt league, police are saying some players betting on games ... this is big big stuff ... 

NRL: Police probing illegal bets, money laundering and salary cap cheating

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-salary-cap-crisis-police-reportedly-investigating-suspected-breaches-at-manly-sea-eagles-other-nrl-clubs/news-story/3f523adeebe3c0ff651ad4e7ec8489c6

UPDATE: POLICE have uncovered what they believe could be a raft of spot fixing, money laundering and illegal third party payments during their investigation into alleged NRL match fixing.

One of the cash payments being investigated is as much as $300,000 and involves an NRL player.

The Daily Telegraph understands police are now focused on NRL players betting on themselves in exotic markets.

Police suspect Manly may have breached salary cap rules involving at least one player, a development that has sparked another major investigation by the NRL’s integrity unit.

However, police are set to clear anyone of being involved in organised match fixing from the original Strike Force Nuralda investigation involving three Manly Sea Eagles matches in the 2015-16 seasons.

Their opponents were Parramatta twice and South Sydney.

A senior source close to the investigation told The Daily Telegraph there are now suggestions of betting irregularities in multiple matches involving a number of NRL teams in previous seasons.

Allegations of tax evasion and other potential criminal activities have also been raised.

Some players are alleged to have passed on inside information regarding team selection and injuries to punters.

It is understood some NRL players are cooperating with police, while others are reluctant to discuss the allegations.

More players from multiple clubs are expected to be interviewed in coming weeks.

The NRL has taken a tough stance against spot fixing involving former Wests Tigers centre Tim Simona, who was banned indefinitely earlier this year.

Police have also questioned the NRL regarding the code’s use of third party payments, with suggestions illegal payments may have been made outside the salary cap to players.

The salary cap investigation extends to other clubs.

Parramatta lost 12 points as part of a massive salary cap scandal last season that was revealed by The Daily Telegraph.

The Daily Telegraph understands several whistleblowers have provided evidence to the NRL’s integrity unit about front office issues at Manly.

The Sea Eagles released a statement on Wednesday night saying they had not broken any rules.

“There are in fact no allegations that the club has been the subject of in relation to any components of the NRL salary cap or lower tier cap compliance,” the statement read. “Quite the contrary we recently had our 2017 midyear salary cap audit completed by the NRL in record time and without adjustment.

“The club remains the benchmark in relation to both salary cap and playing roster management at all levels across the NRL, something we remain immensely proud of.

This leading compliance position has been confirmed by the NRL over the past three years being the tenure of the current salary cap management team of the club.”

Strike Force Nuralda’s investigation was set to be finalised before this season started but was extended when new information about possible criminal behaviour was given to investigators during interviews with the powerful NSW crime commission and passed onto the NSW organised crime squad.

The NSW Crime Commission is often used by NSW because it has ‘coercive powers’ to jail witnesses who do not answer questions or lie to them.

A number of players and officials will be interviewed in the coming weeks and months about their knowledge or role in any alleged illegal behaviour involved in betting, salary breaches or money laundering.

The NRL said it was in regular discussions with police on matters relating to the game.

The NRL said it did not currently have any evidence of violations which would warrant disciplinary action.

“However, we are in constant dialogue with the police and will take action if it is warranted,” an NRL spokesman said.

We need this to happen to f..ing AFL in Sydney and Melbourne.

• mack locked and unlocked this topic