AFL/NRL/Union/Cricket Bashing Thread 3

mack

47 minutes ago, pseudonym said:

Crowd in Shanghai

5000 travellers and 5000 expats throwing bananas. Don't expect a huge contingent of Chinese except those paid for by the Federal Member for Wentworth  (not Wentworthville)

49 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

5000 travellers and 5000 expats throwing bananas. Don't expect a huge contingent of Chinese except those paid for by the Federal Member for Wentworth  (not Wentworthville)

Just seen the ABC sports report on this and it mentioned that the Chinese fans were sponsored by their company that sponsors port Adelaide to go, so probably forced into attending haha what a joke.

I love test cricket, but Cricket Australia, the Big Bash and some of the Australian cricket team can be ****s, so I think it is worth staying. As with AFL and NRL, they still have respective threads where you can discuss the game/important issues.

Cricket can be just as guilty for trying to **** with other codes.

Of course, no one gives a **** about rugby, so who gives a **** about them anyway?

We have had 3 non-football CEOs: Rugby Union, AFL and Rugby League.

they have all failed to understand the game and do the bidding of the mainstream media. If Gallop walks any time soon, we are most likely to get a former cricket CEO.

so keep cricket in for its administrators and how the MSM lauds big bash over football

Edited by Paul01
Correction

Just seen footage of the "big" afl game in China.

briliant!

"sold out" but loads of empty seats

bunch of ex pat and a couple of thousand bored locals

game was one of those dreadful afl games where one team is 60odd points ahead 

funny how they are not talking about the china match on the afl shows, 2 hours of afl shows(half way through one of them) and the china match was talked about for less than 2 minutes

in the massive wankfest that was before the match about how the afl discovered china and is going to take over china the payoff wasnt that impressive

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Watched about 5 minutes of the Dogs vs Panthers game yesterday arvo.

Okay, I'm no partisan of either team however what really struck me was how boring the play was, and that included a couple of tries. I used to love league back in the 70s & 80s, but if what I saw is any reflection of the modern game I'm glad I don't care anymore. 

All I saw was mechanical barging and paper thin defence, with big units hitting each other and zero panache. The Panthers smashed the Dogs and for all the talk about how boring a 0-0 draw may be in sokkah, how fooking tedious is a blow out in league?

Oh and the State of Origin? Who cares

WHICH NSW government minister and friend of broadcaster Alan Jones is still trying to move funding for an ANZ Stadium redevelopment to his influential mates on the SCG Trust to instead build a new 65,000-seat stadium at Moore Park?

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/whats-the-buzz-how-the-blues-got-it-right-why-cooper-cronk-could-join-souths/news-story/e4a8d42c3668b61a9028497efed46b9e

From the latest Phil Rothfield rumor file column, this past weekend. No prizes for guessing who it is.

On 6/5/2017 at 0:25 PM, ManfredSchaefer said:

Okay, I'm no partisan of either team however what really struck me was how boring the play was, and that included a couple of tries. I used to love league back in the 70s & 80s, but if what I saw is any reflection of the modern game I'm glad I don't care anymore. 

All I saw was mechanical barging and paper thin defence, with big units hitting each other and zero panache. The Panthers smashed the Dogs and for all the talk about how boring a 0-0 draw may be in sokkah, how fooking tedious is a blow out in league?

In regards to this game, the Dogs were piss poor, and I have someone on the inside at the bulldogs saying that the players no longer want to play for Hasler since they decided to let Josh Reynolds go to the Tigers and the players are pissed off about that and bringing Foran in who is a very volatile player and hangs around gambling addict pimp.

My dad is going to the game today at ANZ stadium with his fellow dragon supporting mates and he reckons Dragons are going to have the easiest win of the year.

On 6/5/2017 at 0:25 PM, ManfredSchaefer said:

Agree with everything except the last line. The NRL has changed the rules to the point where the ball is never contested, and they just bash and barge. It's so dull.

The first 40 minutes of Origin, however, was some of the best Rugby League I've ever seen. Both teams were attacking, throwing the ball around, and scrambling in defence. Was awesome.

11 hours ago, SBW said:

In regards to this game, the Dogs were piss poor, and I have someone on the inside at the bulldogs saying that the players no longer want to play for Hasler since they decided to let Josh Reynolds go to the Tigers and the players are pissed off about that and bringing Foran in who is a very volatile player and hangs around gambling addict pimp.

My dad is going to the game today at ANZ stadium with his fellow dragon supporting mates and he reckons Dragons are going to have the easiest win of the year.

Well so much for that theory!

I can imagine the players getting upset that their mate is leaving. But as this week's result shows, they have to get over it and move on. If you earn hundreds and thousands, even millions, from the game, you can't really complain about cut-throat professional decisions from your coach.

• mack locked and unlocked this topic