AFL/NRL/Union/Cricket Bashing Thread 3

mack

29 minutes ago, Ken said:

The Vicky Kicky world cup is on soon everyone! Support Australia's best ever side! Tough opposition out there though. Can they be champions of the world? I'm wetting my pants in anticipation!

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2017-11-08/australias-best-ever-international-rules-side

Apparently Australia are in the group of death, they may not make it past the group stage.

WTF?!

NZ vs Tonga at Waikato is a sellout but there's still plenty of tickets available for NZ v Peru?

What is up with these dumb kiwis? Don't they realise there is a proper international match happening at Wellington ?

Edited by SBW
On 05/11/2017 at 8:42 AM, Wanderboy said:

So, 29 arrests after the Tonga vs Samoa World Cup match yesterday in Hamilton, NZ, but police pleased with crowd behaviour. Go figure.

To be fair, I don't think NZ have as much of the anti soccer media like in Melbourne for instance

If something similar happened at an A League match there I'd almost expect a similar reaction 

On 11/11/2017 at 1:26 PM, SBW said:

WTF?!

NZ vs Tonga at Waikato is a sellout but there's still plenty of tickets available for NZ v Peru?

What is up with these dumb kiwis? Don't they realise there is a proper international match happening at Wellington ?

The Peru match finished up as a sell out too

26 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

From a melbourne based SEN radio station :acute: 

Smell the fear.

This week, our national football team will be playing a critical international match watched by millions and millions all over the globe, for the right to play in the world's greatest sporting event.

Our national AFL team will be playing............?

Oh, that's right, Ireland, in a game that isn't even the game they play. Spiffing stuff that.

Edited by Wanderboy
51 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

From a melbourne based SEN radio station :acute: 

“I thought Saturday’s event was rubbish,” Sheahan told SEN Breakfast.

“I couldn’t believe what [the game of world football] served up in Honduras. It was played on a cow’s paddock, no goals were kicked, and if there was a highlight I missed it. The best player, Tim Cahill, was sitting on the bench and not playing.

“How do you have an event where your aim is to not win it?

“It’s just to hold them to a draw. It’s not about goals? You go across the world to not win a game of the sport.”

FIFA allocated each nation around $250,000 for travel costs for the play-offs, with the Socceroos electing to choose a charter flight from San Pedro Sula to Sydney via Honolulu, while Honduras decided to travel commercially. 

But once again Sheahan was confused with how travelling to different countries for sporting events works. 

“If this code is as big as it is, and it’s hard to dispute that, the Hondurans are coming out in a cattle truck and the Australians came home in first class," he said.

"The AFL wouldn’t do that. Why wouldn’t FIFA get involved?”

Why the **** is this even an article? Some guy who doesn't like or understand the sport didn't enjoy it or understand it.

Wow! Hard hitting journalism at its finest. Is it simply to rile people up?

FIFA allocated the same amount of funds for all teams for travel. It doesn't cover the full cost. Australia stumped up the extra cash, whereas the poorer nation could not afford/justify it. It's not rocket science. It's the same as Al Hilal flying out here in their private jet, in the end, it didn't win them a title, did it?

24 minutes ago, Carns said:

Why the **** is this even an article? Some guy who doesn't like or understand the sport didn't enjoy it or understand it.

FIFA allocated the same amount of funds for all teams for travel. It doesn't cover the full cost. Australia stumped up the extra cash, whereas the poorer nation could not afford/justify it. It's not rocket science. It's the same as Al Hilal flying out here in their private jet, in the end, it didn't win them a title, did it?

Perhaps the Socceroos need to start posting pictures of nude girlfriends wearing nothing but an asian cup....!  ( To all the females on this forum....apologies but I'm being extremely sacastic )

or.

Perhaps they should go out on a team bender and set fire to a dwarf or two.

or        

Get a coach to conspire to make the whole team drug cheats to win a competition, don't tell them what they've been injected with, deny you did anything wrong, villify anyone who criticises you and hold up the coach that did it as a hero and who made a silly larrikan mistake. 

3 hours ago, Carns said:

I like to think I do understand football, at least to some extent. And for the record, I did enjoy Saturdays game :D

Not that I care about what the AFL would or wouldn't do, but id be a little surprised if they're fully funding both teams travel to china. 

The thing that gets me about this bloke’s comments, is that he thinks he is demeaning the game, but he’s actually highlighting what makes it so great.

A country can’t afford to send its players via charter jet? Sure.

A country can’t afford to look after its pitch and/or intentionally makes it a cow paddock? Yep.

There are more countries in FIFA than the U.N. They aren’t all rich countries like us. The beauty of the game is that there are a myriad different attitudes, a zillion different ways of looking at the game and if you’re a kid brought up in Lagos you might value different parts of the game to a kid brought up in Richmond.

You only need a ball to play. You could be a five foot kid brought up in a slum in a poor country, wondering where your next meal is coming from, and go on to be a hero to billions. These A.F.L fools either don’t get this, or they get it and they feel inadequate.

15 minutes ago, Carns said:

For all the **** we give AFL - and particularly someone like James Hird - he speaks a whole lot of sense with the cretins who made the comments today.

Listen to their reactions to his answers, they try and lead him to their thought process and he doesn't budge.

https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=154386

The fact that they asked him whether he would encourage his kids to play AFL over football shows how insecure they are.

Victorians are really sad  and insular ****ers.

1 minute ago, btron3000 said:

Also, in the world game countries like us take their advantages by paying for chartered flights and hyperbaric chambers, while Honduras take theirs from intimidating atmospheres and dodgy pitches. It’s not freaking Geelong v Essendon where everybody is the same!

Go easy - they do have to travel long distances - from the MCG to Etihad is debilitating.

11 hours ago, Wanderboy said:

The fact that they asked him whether he would encourage his kids to play AFL over football shows how insecure they are.

Victorians are really sad  and insular ****ers.

Had to have a listen to that interview after reading some of these comments and couldn't agree more.

The fact that James Hird had some insightful comments must have made it even worse for them. Clearly he likes football, as do his kids but his comments about the training of juniors was particularly interesting to hear and the fact that he wishes that he was involved in football as a kid to improve his own skills.

Oh and the AFL people do spend an inordinate amount of time analysing and talking about a sport they don't like.

Time to move on and concentrate on Wednesday evening

4 hours ago, Jukes75 said:

Oh and the AFL people do spend an inordinate amount of time analysing and talking about a sport they don't like.

And therein lies the amusement in all of this.

No other sport in Australia spends so much time criticising another, than the AFL against football. Not only is it a fear of the world game, but the views are cemented by their own racist overtones. Racism is common in their game, and it flows through to their views on football. It's so amusing that all this negative vitriol they sprout basically comes from jealousy.

2 hours ago, sonar said:

Not a good week for Kiwi's ....lol

Gone from Russia W C

Gone from R L W C....

Rugby League has finally died in NZ after tonight. Time for football to capitalise on the demise of RL

As for the Fijian hyme and the NZ Haka... dumbest **** ever these NRL players are doing before KO. It's never done in football, should be stopped at RL level

Edited by SBW
  • mack locked and unlocked this topic