Gaming Thread 2

They should've cancelled it when Overwatch was announced, then one hundred percent made free to play after the weak beta & abysmal launch that was even worse than Battleborn (which just got bought up in the video).

The "try hard fast paced multiplayer only shooter" hasn't really been a massive success since the late 90's/early 2000's. Even then, those fast paced games like Tribes & Unreal Tournament 99 were still niche games compared to Battlefield 1942, Quake Arena & Team Fortress 1.

How many online multiplayer games exist right now? 2 flavours of CS, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, Destiny, Call Of Duty Infinite Warfare, Battlefield 4 & BFWW1, Titanfall, Doom. Then there's a bunch of F2P games I haven't even bothered with naming because I don't play F2P shooters.

3 minutes ago, mack said:

They should've cancelled it when Overwatch was announced, then one hundred percent made free to play after the weak beta & abysmal launch that was even worse than Battleborn (which just got bought up in the video).

The "try hard fast paced multiplayer only shooter" hasn't really been a massive success since the late 90's/early 2000's. Even then, those fast paced games like Tribes & Unreal Tournament 99 were still niche games compared to Battlefield 1942, Quake Arena & Team Fortress 1.

How many online multiplayer games exist right now? 2 flavours of CS, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, Destiny, Call Of Duty Infinite Warfare, Battlefield 4 & BFWW1, Titanfall, Doom. Then there's a bunch of F2P games I haven't even bothered with naming because I don't play F2P shooters.

completely agree, back before i even considered playing an online only game i was very interested in battleborn vs overwatch but wow it was not nearly as close as i expected, even games like evolved just didnt go well for very long though when it comes to that game i celebrated its demise because i hated its greedy bullshit, that said i enjoy middle of earth shadow of war and they are full of greedy bullshit too so i guess hypocritical but ah well,

for every 1 online game success like PUBG or Overwatch there are 100 failures like battleborn, evolved, lawbreakers, its extremely risky especially because of how much competition there is

on another note Australia is going to be going against Canada at the overwatch world cup around 6 am, i enjoyed going to the sydney leg so this is something i should enjoy, i find the concept of E sports weird but interesting i guess i want to see the best players playing the game i tend to play terribly

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...