What Floats Your Boat 4

OK...So....since I haven't been able to post in the Aust Current Affairs thread for a few days...I'll post this here.

I SO HOPE these people succeed in their mission to encourage their fellow voters to do us all a favour.

Sadly, their numbers have shrunk a little on Instagram...where I've been following them.

16 hours ago, Unlimited said:

Sydney FC 0, Melbourne City 2

Glorious isnt it. It was a flash back to our first few years when switching on an ESFC game was entertaining as they found interesting ways of throwing games away.

I hope this is the start of something bad for them.

Edited by Smoggy

Wendy I have the same thing occasionally, maybe, when I've dumped a youtube link into a post but then not actually posted. Then when I go back to the same thread and try to post it struggles. If you go in and have the option  to clear the post, hit that thing.  I'm on the phone usually though, might be different.  

4 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Not able to post...Mack locked you out of that thread...same thing ;-)

I would've thought that (well the thought did cross my mind) except as I click on "Clear Editor", I am musically encouraged to "Give him the finger and VOTE TONY OUT!" :D

It's quite funny to be able to summon the jingle ...with a click!

But I do want to get back on there sooner or later to post!

Haven't tried Mack's suggestions - but I will.

4 hours ago, marron said:

Wendy I have the same thing occasionally, maybe, when I've dumped a youtube link into a post but then not actually posted. Then when I go back to the same thread and try to post it struggles. If you go in and have the option  to clear the post, hit that thing.  I'm on the phone usually though, might be different.  

Thanks Marron.

It's actually trying to clear the post (clicking on Clear Editor) that gets me the song - but no other response!!.

Everything within that window is frozen...can't be deleted....and there is no sign of the link to the YouTube clip that plays as I try to clear the post. It really is quite bizarre.

But I'm glad I'm not going crazy...and that the same sort of thing has happened to you....altho maybe without the music! :lol:

21 hours ago, wendybr said:

OK...So....since I haven't been able to post in the Aust Current Affairs thread for a few days...I'll post this here.

I SO HOPE these people succeed in their mission to encourage their fellow voters to do us all a favour.

Sadly, their numbers have shrunk a little on Instagram...where I've been following them.

Oh C'mon!

This is good! Why does only one person respond??

Too many yachts in the background is it?? :P

11 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Thanks Marron.

It's actually trying to clear the post (clicking on Clear Editor) that gets me the song - but no other response!!.

Everything within that window is frozen...can't be deleted....and there is no sign of the link to the YouTube clip that plays as I try to clear the post. It really is quite bizarre.

But I'm glad I'm not going crazy...and that the same sort of thing has happened to you....altho maybe without the music! :lol:

wendy, have you tried to post what's already in the editor?....it might clear it.  If you do you can always go back....edit your post....ie delete the content after posting it just leaving it blank. 

Edited by sonar
16 minutes ago, sonar said:

wendy, have you tried to post what's already in the editor?....it might clear it.  If you do you can always go back....edit your post....ie delete the content after posting it just leaving it blank. 

Yep! Tried everything....including Mack's suggestion of Ctrl A etc.

As soon as I try to click in the box or on the Clear Editor bar - the jingle starts. :angrycovic:

I'm starting to like it a bit less...after 50 attempts to clear it....or to  get in and post . :xmad:

Next thing is to "clear cookies". :unknw:

I forget where you find cookies. :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Yep! Tried everything....including Mack's suggestion of Ctrl A etc.

As soon as I try to click in the box or on the Clear Editor bar - the jingle starts. :angrycovic:

I'm starting to like it a bit less...after 50 attempts to clear it....or to  get in and post . :xmad:

Next thing is to "clear cookies". :unknw:

I forget where you find cookies. :rolleyes:

Have you tried to log in from another PC...? That will tell you if the trouble is at your end or WSF's.

How good are these two together...just like a couple of young guys who have been mates forever.

I do worry that sometimes the focus on the road wavers a bit in these shows.... :unsure:

But I dedicate this to Ed and Stringer!

PS I didn't stop smiling all the way through this....but I expect I'll be the only one to actually watch it.

Football, Middesbrough and refugees  a good news story.

I make jokes about what a hard place Boro is, but on the other side of the coin, like a lot of other similar working class places there are people who have little but who will give everything to help others and make welcome, especially through football.

Edited by Smoggy
21 hours ago, mack said:

It's a problem on your pc that is probably also a glitch in the system.

I've had a look at what I can do and I think I've managed to code up a solution.

Push this button. It should be labelled if you hover over it "clear content".

image.png.9dfad1e351a7c3d6c47ce5982d83d649.png

@wendybr did this fix it?

• mack locked this topic