mack

What Floats Your Boat 4

2 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

No, no it isn’t 

:lol:

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

6 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

You’d think I’d have learned my lesson by now, don’t mess with Satan 

That doesn't seem to be working for you. Perhaps consider getting a better negotiator.

There's something wrong with you if you DON'T like this! :lol:

NOT the music....the kitten's participation!

4 hours ago, wendybr said:

There's something wrong with you (looking at Ed and Jack) if you DON'T like this! :lol:

Can't be bothered watching something like that which I'm sure wouldn't affect me in the way you hope. Feel free to find me guilty of there being "something wrong" with me.

Not sure how, but this clip came to my attention this morning and it's floating my boat. Sums up nicely how I feel about life right now. I've been humming the tune all morning, cracking a smile every now and then. I'm sure people around me at work are starting to think I'm descending (further) into the world of insanity.

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, wendybr said:

There's something wrong with you (looking at Ed and Jack) if you DON'T like this! :lol:

mad 

Edited by theguyyouwishyouwere

2 hours ago, theguyyouwishyouwere said:

mad 

Wendy or the cat?

5 hours ago, theguyyouwishyouwere said:

mad 

It IS "mad"....in that teen slang way that means cool (well...maybe a teen slang term when Guy was a teen). :D

Yes?

PS It's funny and very cute....and I thank Guy for bothering to check it out and make even a one word response!

It goes for all of 16 seconds! :good:

8 hours ago, SomeGuy1977 said:

Not sure how, but this clip came to my attention this morning and it's floating my boat. Sums up nicely how I feel about life right now. I've been humming the tune all morning, cracking a smile every now and then. I'm sure people around me at work are starting to think I'm descending (further) into the world of insanity.

:lol: Sounds like something Smoggy will appreciate!

7 minutes ago, wendybr said:

:lol: Sounds like something Smoggy will appreciate!

Its like listening to a posh Billy Connolly, I think the Big Yin might be his inspiration :D

3 hours ago, wendybr said:

It IS "mad"....in that teen slang way that means cool (well...maybe a teen slang term when Guy was a teen). :D

Yes?

PS It's funny and very cute....and I thank Guy for bothering to check it out and make even a one word response!

It goes for all of 16 seconds! :good:

yes it's very cool. that cat is so metal.

7 hours ago, theguyyouwishyouwere said:

yes it's very cool. that cat is so metal.

Yes...very!  A total headbanger! :lol:

I've never seen anything like it!

Again, thanks for checking it out.

:):)

Posted (edited)

Election campaign Ads blackout kicks in....thank f*** no more Clive Palmer ads....or anyone elses ads .....can't wait for the election to be over.....lol

Edited by sonar

On 16/05/2019 at 6:15 PM, StringerBellend said:

Balks and I were at El Jannah's in Blacktown last week. Apart from one of the best damn chicken rolls I've ever had from EJ's, the thing I loved the most was the amazing multi-cultural dining room. 

Here we were, a Bosnian and an Anglo sitting with Indians, Islanders, Wogs and Asians eating middle-eastern food. It was ******* brilliant.

I love the fact that within 10mins of our house, I can get proper traditional Thai, Vietnamese, Mediterranean, Italian, Chinese and Lebanese food. I love going to all the Chinese festivals in Cabramatta every year. We have a Laos temple down the road from us and their celebrations are always huge and joyful. I'm going to head to the Republic Day celebrations at Marconi on Sunday and stuff myself with pizza, cannoli and Italian gingerbread.  

I honestly pity people who live a sheltered existence in the Eastern Suburbs and Northern Beaches. My life has been so much fuller knowing so many people from different backgrounds and experiencing the best their culture has to offer right in my backyard. 

41 minutes ago, CaptainJess said:

Balks and I were at El Jannah's in Blacktown last week. Apart from one of the best damn chicken rolls I've ever had from EJ's, the thing I loved the most was the amazing multi-cultural dining room. 

Here we were, a Bosnian and an Anglo sitting with Indians, Islanders, Wogs and Asians eating middle-eastern food. It was ******* brilliant.

I love the fact that within 10mins of our house, I can get proper traditional Thai, Vietnamese, Mediterranean, Italian, Chinese and Lebanese food. I love going to all the Chinese festivals in Cabramatta every year. We have a Laos temple down the road from us and their celebrations are always huge and joyful. I'm going to head to the Republic Day celebrations at Marconi on Sunday and stuff myself with pizza, cannoli and Italian gingerbread.  

I honestly pity people who live a sheltered existence in the Eastern Suburbs and Northern Beaches. My life has been so much fuller knowing so many people from different backgrounds and experiencing the best their culture has to offer right in my backyard. 

yep, good old Blacktown....

:P

1 hour ago, CaptainJess said:

My life has been so much fuller knowing so many people from different backgrounds and experiencing the best their culture has to offer right in my backyard. 

i.e. You can meet chics from all around the world without having to go anywhere :friends:

3 hours ago, CaptainJess said:

Great story. I love hearing that and personally sharing the same experiences.

Unfortunately, you left out one region - The Shire.

One of my sister's sons was playing State Cup a few weeks ago and it just happened to be at young Wanderboy's home ground - Ted Horwood at Baulkham Hills.

My sister lives in The Shire. Of course, young Wanderboy and I went and watched the match to support a cousin and nephew. I couldn't believe some of the comments from some parents (incl my sister and her husband) regarding how many ….. mmmm …….. how should I put it - "culturally diverse nationalities were in other teams and watching the games". I've tidied that up.

WTF??? This is Australia, what did you expect? Oh that's right, you're from the Shire.

****heads. :sad::angrycovic:

4 hours ago, CaptainJess said:

That's not enough in some parts of Sydney.

In parts of Sydney they need to look down on others to make themselves feel better and the West is the default option.

I've lived all over the country and it's definitely just a Sydney thing.

If anyone wants proof jump onto facebook and look at 'North Shore Memes', it's pathetic and shallow, run by losers who have life goals of becoming social media influencers who instagram selfies at burning man festival.

Literally stealing our air.

26 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

Great story. I love hearing that and personally sharing the same experiences.

Unfortunately, you left out one region - The Shire.

One of my sister's sons was playing State Cup a few weeks ago and it just happened to be at young Wanderboy's home ground - Ted Horwood at Baulkham Hills.

My sister lives in The Shire. Of course, young Wanderboy and I went and watched the match to support a cousin and nephew. I couldn't believe some of the comments from some parents (incl my sister and her husband) regarding how many ….. mmmm …….. how should I put it - "culturally diverse nationalities were in other teams and watching the games". I've tidied that up.

WTF??? This is Australia, what did you expect? Oh that's right, you're from the Shire.

****heads. :sad::angrycovic:

They would have a hard time around my way. Next door neighbors....Tongan and Pommies on either side. Sudanese at the back, Arab and Vietnemese either side of them. Italian,Indian and Malay muslim across the road....lol......The local corner shops are the same.....Korean Bakery, Kiwi Fish and Chips, Italian Pizza, Indian Post Office, Asian Chemist, Italian corner store.

PS.......should of said their ethnic background.....we're all Aussies......lol

Edited by sonar

6 hours ago, LeeMarvin said:

i.e. You can meet chics from all around the world without having to go anywhere :friends:

I know right?!  Just ask Ivan Milat....

Too soon?

:ninja:

3 hours ago, sonar said:

They would have a hard time around my way. Next door neighbors....Tongan and Pommies on either side. Sudanese at the back, Arab and Vietnemese either side of them. Italian,Indian and Malay muslim across the road....lol......The local corner shops are the same.....Korean Bakery, Kiwi Fish and Chips, Italian Pizza, Indian Post Office, Asian Chemist, Italian corner store.

PS.......should of said their ethnic background.....we're all Aussies......lol

One thing I am thankful for in relation to coming from Middlesbrough is the multiculturalism. It is not a traditional English town. Pre 1860 there was nothing there but empty fields and a farm, the town was built on immigration, straight grid roads and no building older than 100 years, the heritage is in the industry, hard graft and the people who moved there to have a go, the Irish to begin with, then the people from India, Pakistan and more recently Africa. When I was at primary school in the mid 80's we went on an exchange to spend a week at a muslim school, that was the mid 80's! People are only shouting about this kind of thing now.

The only thing ant annoyed me was the fact that the local takeaways back then did an anglo version of their home food because back then they thought no one would like the real traditional stuff. Therefore it was omelette and chips from a chinese takeaway lol The curry from the Indian takeaway would taste much like Sunday roast gravy.

It was only from the mid 90's on wards that this changed.

Edited by Smoggy