What Floats Your Boat 4

1 hour ago, Neverbloom said:

i organised this charity thing(well didnt do anything apart from post something on facebook) and 2 amazing wanderers fans(who i believe dont visit the forum) raised $150 between them, wasnt even expecting anyone to donate so its amazing how generous those 2 people were, they really did something special

Wot "charity thing" Goat??

3 minutes ago, Neverbloom said:

just something you can do on facebook instead of getting gifts people donate to a charity, all i had to do was click like 2 buttons so i didnt do much :P but the generosity was amazing 

Wot charity?

4 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

find stray goats a home?

Hahaha!

I want to start a new charity...."Adopt a  Cockatoo with Beak and Feather Disease"....but that's another story. 😁

PS I did recently adopt a cockatoo with Beak and Feather disease.

I LOVE him/her. :grouphug:

4 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Hahaha!

I want to start a new charity...."Adopt a  Cockatoo with Beak and Feather Disease"....but that's another story. 😁

PS I did recently adopt a cockatoo with Beak and Feather disease.

I LOVE him/her. :grouphug:

You havent 'adopted' that cockatoo. you have taken it hostage and are holding it captive :D

Only kidding..i guess without you help the bird wouldn't make it.

Edited by Smoggy

Yes....without me, this beautiful adolescent was going to be put down 2 weekends ago.

He/she is a only few months old, is so far feathered and with an OK beak, but would have been  doomed to a short and hideous life in the wild.

This one has  no flight feathers, and no tail feathers, so would never have been able to fly.

:(:(

the mother****ing blue gum forest

looked at the local alerts this morning... is that... does that mean... yes... it's open! had a bag packed within a few minutes, see ya later everyone, on the bike, down within the hour, just in time for the thunderstorm lol.

looking.... okay. different. but living, and living well.... mostly. been waiting all year - nothing was going to keep me away today!

Edited by marron

A few snaps for the state of it

20201229-121305.jpg

The bad one on the left there is a turpentine, but the stringy burnt ones are saplings that grew after 2006 I'd say, that's the real worry. Fires can't be so frequent if it's going to stay healthy down there.

Still, lots looking like this, with growth in the crowns

20201229-121444.jpg

20201229-122604.jpg

The creek is chocked with dead trees and build up.

There's lots of understory and it was pretty wet so only really had a poke around the flat; my botany is not not strong but I suspect there's lots that shouldn't be there.

• mack locked this topic