What Floats Your Boat 4

I am doing the casuals at the moment (Wendy knows what that means :lol: ) which means I have to be up at sparrows fart, anyway, day before yesterday, Mrs says she needed to get up to the butchers but she hasn't had a chance with home learning, so I say alright I'll go up in the morning, so it's 6 o'clock  next day, still dark, and I'm walking up to town, dead quiet, and it starts to snow.  Then out of nowhere my mate pulls up at the lights as I'm crossing, like, WTF are you doing :lol:  which is exactly what he yells out the window. "Um, I'm going to the butchers". "It's snowing mate..... ". "Yeah I know, needed to get up for the mrs" "Needs a good sausage does she", drives away :lol:

Need a laugh?

You might have seen this ....I think it might have been posted on here before...somewhere...

Dancing in the Street // Silent Music Video - YouTube

Based on this of course.

David Bowie & Mick Jagger - Dancing In The Street (Official Video) - YouTube

Here's another...

Hall and Oates - Maneater Shreds - YouTube

Made me laugh til I cried!

Enforced ‘fun’ in this house this morning :D

My son and wife have been told we are going on a family walk (within covid guidelines and local of course) and the whinging and moaning from them is phenomenal :D

‘But where is there to go’

’It will be boring’

’Nothing to do when we get there’

’I will have to listen to you talk about…..’

’I’m supposed to be chatting to (insert name) at (insert time) on face shyte’

’This is so lame’

’I better get a coffee’…

’it’s too cold’

’You walk too fast’

Is just a small sample of the moaning this morning :D

It WILL be fun I tell them but all I get is :rolleyes:

:unknw:

Edited by Smoggy
55 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Enforced ‘fun’ in this house this morning :D

My son and wife have been told we are going on a family walk (within covid guidelines and local of course) and the whinging and moaning from them is phenomenal :D

‘But where is there to go’

’It will be boring’

’Nothing to do when we get there’

’I will have to listen to you talk about…..’

’I’m supposed to be chatting to (insert name) at (insert time) on face shyte’

’This is so lame’

’I better get a coffee’…

’it’s too cold’

’You walk too fast’

Is just a small sample of the moaning this morning :D

It WILL be fun I tell them but all I get is :rolleyes:

:unknw:

Go on your own! Why spoil it? :lol:

16 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Go on your own! Why spoil it? :lol:

No, I'm with Smoggy. The rest of 'em need to get out otherwise things start to get crazy and tension builds up. Once they've been out as well, then there might be time to get out on your own, but if you don't make them, they won't go.

5 hours ago, marron said:

No, I'm with Smoggy. The rest of 'em need to get out otherwise things start to get crazy and tension builds up. Once they've been out as well, then there might be time to get out on your own, but if you don't make them, they won't go.

Exactly right.

We did have a good time actually. It was nice to all get out in the fresh air. Was good to see other family units out doing the same thing also. Yes, we have to be careful and stay it our groups and distance but you have to get out for some air. Minimal moaning once we got out the door.

Edited by Smoggy
1 hour ago, Smoggy said:

WFMB we won three figures on the lottery, not life changing but most we have won in a long time:)

Its Christmas taken care of and a little bit left over for a trip somewhere should the borders ever reopen. Also a present sent for my parents.

Very welcome :)

Fantastic Smoggy!!  :good:

3 hours ago, Stokz said:

Had a mobile barber give me a haircut today... **** feel so much better.

Worth the risk in my opinion. 

Do you make a specific booking online?

Do you sit in a van while the barber cuts?

1 hour ago, Stokz said:

Had a mobile barber give me a haircut today... **** feel so much better.

Worth the risk in my opinion. 

How can that happen, when people who mow lawns for a living can't go to work and generally don't have any contact with the owners/residents?

Edited by Wanderboy
9 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

How can that happen, when people who mow lawns for a living can't go to work and generally don't have any contact with the owners/residents?

It can't. It's against the Public Health Orders. 

But I'm not surprised at Stokz being so flagrant and flouting the law given his views in other threads. 

It's dangerous and down-right stupid, but to hell with everyone who's elderly, has pre-existing conditions or isn't vaccinated yet right Stokz?

Couldn't order a set of clippers online and do it yourself like every other responsible person could you?

1 hour ago, CaptainJess said:

Couldn't order a set of clippers online and do it yourself like every other responsible person could you?

Or just let it grow. I make jokes about growing my hair out but these days I rarely let it get past the length where it is about bottom of my ears as annoys me more than it used to beyond that. I am already past ear length but happy to see it out and add another inch or two. Thank **** for sea salt spray and balm :D

By the time lock down is done will prob be the longest since about 2008. Lining up already what my first post lockdown hair chop will be. Shaved on sides and a bit longer on top I reckon possibly…quifftastic…

will be over long hair by September or October for sure.

Edited by Smoggy
Just now, Wanderboy said:

It's really shite, but what can we do?

I'll end up with hair like I had in Yr 10 and and run some pvc tape around it to keep it in place like I used to when playing RL. 

It won't quite be the same turning up to work in 2021 like that though.

Meh, think of it as a bit of fun, when else in your life would you have been able to do this :D It will all be cut off again eventually.

1 minute ago, Smoggy said:

Yeah lol Diff is my hair was cut deliberately to be able to grow long if I wanted last cut and so even though it is long, it looks OK and styled.

Wow. Good hair and styled.  You're starting to turn me on.

Actually, forget that, covid is killing me.

I'm guessing you are starting to look like Roger Daltrey from the early 70's. :) 

2 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Or just let it grow. I make jokes about growing my hair out but these days I rarely let it get past the length where it is about bottom of my ears as annoys me more than it used to beyond that. I am already past ear length but happy to see it out and add another inch or two. Thank **** for sea salt spray and balm :D

By the time lock down is done will prob be the longest since about 2008. Lining up already what my first post lockdown hair chop will be. Shaved on sides and a bit longer on top I reckon possibly…quifftastic…

will be over long hair by September or October for sure.

Last year during the Melbourne lockdown some of the hairstyles from my company's Melbourne counterparts got quite interesting

Seeing these company executives, probably on 500k+ per year in multimillion dollar houses, rocking absolutely shocking haircuts (or lack of)... really humanises them. By the end of lockdown, some of them even refused to turn on video on Zoom :cheeky:

1 minute ago, Unlimited said:

Last year during the Melbourne lockdown some of the hairstyles from my company's Melbourne counterparts got quite interesting

Seeing these company directors, probably on 500k+ per year in multimillion dollar houses, rocking absolutely shocking haircuts (or lack of)... really humanises them. By the end of lockdown, some of them even refused to turn on video on Zoom :cheeky:

When you get over 40 years of age and you still have a full head of hair I don’t think you care how temporary shyte it looks :D

• mack locked this topic