What Floats Your Boat 4

22 minutes ago, WSWBoro said:

Christmas does float my boat for a change (I know, totally against my miserable old bastard scrooge type persona) as I will get to see my 4 year old niece in person for the first time. 

As I asked Jack about whether Christmas floats his boat (being pretty sure he generally complains about it) I did think to myself, "Am I confusing Jack with Boro?"  knowing full well that you don't much enjoy Christmas (well, if I recollect correctly)

Christmas back home with family members you either haven't seen for a while, or have never met. is definitely something to look forward to!  :xnod:

16 minutes ago, EmMac said:

I discovered the awesomeness of Guardians of the Galaxy thanks to 12.5 solid hours of flying from London to Singapore. Baby groot!

giphy-downsized.gif

17 minutes ago, EmMac said:

I discovered the awesomeness of Guardians of the Galaxy thanks to 12.5 solid hours of flying from London to Singapore. Baby groot!

giphy-downsized.gif

You're already back home? Wow 3.5  weeks went by quick!   Good to have you back!   :) 

Good to be back Jack. Had a fab holiday. I feel like i need a week off here tho before going back to work. Unfortunately i start back monday. 

I did moan about the quality of coffee over there tho. Found a few good coffee places,  a great one called Fig (cafe in Hastings old town), but overall the coffee is shite. Croatia had much better coffe. As explained by our boat tour guide, the proximity to Italy means great coffee

1 minute ago, EmMac said:

Good to be back Jack. Had a fab holiday. I feel like i need a week off here tho before going back to work. Unfortunately i start back monday. 

I did moan about the quality of coffee over there tho. Found a few good coffee places,  a great one called Fig (cafe in Hastings old town), but overall the coffee is shite. Croatia had much better coffe. As explained by our boat tour guide, the proximity to Italy means great coffee

You went to Hastings, as in , The battle of Hastings?   :sorry:   it's a bucket list place of mine

Aaahh! Hastings - remember it well! In 1975, during my only return to the UK, we were driving through Hastings on the way to somewhere else but there was a festival on (might have been the anniversary of the battle). So we had to detour and leave the main street, didn't know the way and finished up heading the wrong way and back into the middle of the festival. We reach a road block manned by a local policeman, and in the best British Bobby dry humour style right out of the movies:

- You can't go this way sir.

- Yes, we're lost.

- Where are you going sir?

- To .....

- You're going in the wrong direction sir  (obviously maintaining perfect calm despite an urge to laugh out loud.)

- Yes we know, can you help?

Which he did perfectly and we went on our merry way.

3 hours ago, JackDoff said:

You went to Hastings, as in , The battle of Hastings?   :sorry:   it's a bucket list place of mine

Meh, Battle near Hastings, went there on a school trip. It is a grass field, I mean if standing looking at grass fields is your thing and all that then yeah......go to Bayeux in Normandy to look at the the tapestry and the museum they have there, much more interesting.

Hastings... full of drug addicts and doss houses like any other old style British seaside resort, and the beach is all fooking pebbles.

3 minutes ago, WSWBoro said:

Meh, Battle near Hastings, went there on a school trip. It is a grass field, I mean if standing looking at grass fields is your thing and all that then yeah......go to Bayeux in Normandy to look at the the tapestry and the museum they have there, much more interesting.

Hastings... full of drug addicts and doss houses like any other old style British seaside resort, and the beach is all fooking pebbles.

Drug addicts, doss houses....kinda like the Blacktown area then

:P 

9 hours ago, WSWBoro said:

Its an interesting one Boro. Much of that characterisation is still true. But those who would have bought in cooler areas like Brighton or Eastbourne, now are looking at Hastings where their money goes further. And hastings old town is pretty nice. So yeah, its got a bit of an identity crisis happening at the moment. You don't  necessarily want to over-gentrify it, but losing some of the drug addict brexit voters wouldn't be a bad thing. 

• mack locked this topic