What Floats Your Boat 4

1 minute ago, Smoggy said:

So many great sketches from that movie and lines...classic lol

Love Meaning of Life and the Catholic / Protestant sketch also because it could have been set in any street in Middlesbrough in the 80's...lol 

The Peoples Front of Judea or the Judean Peoples front....?.....lol

Sorted out who's going and bought tickets to Edinburgh Military Tattoo at ANZ on 19 October for myself, eldest son, and his eldest daughter, and younger son and his wife. So 3 generations going. Younger grandkids (4 aged 2 to 9) not going unfortunately. Splashed out on premium seats. Soooo looking forward to it. I've been to one in Edinburgh and all but the granddaughter have been to the 2 previous Sydney editions (along with my now departed Mum). 

The only downer is it's probably the same night the Wanderers play their first a league home match at the new Wanderland.

On 07/02/2019 at 11:17 PM, Edinburgh said:

Sorted out who's going and bought tickets to Edinburgh Military Tattoo at ANZ on 19 October for myself, eldest son, and his eldest daughter, and younger son and his wife. So 3 generations going. Younger grandkids (4 aged 2 to 9) not going unfortunately. Splashed out on premium seats. Soooo looking forward to it. I've been to one in Edinburgh and all but the granddaughter have been to the 2 previous Sydney editions (along with my now departed Mum). 

The only downer is it's probably the same night the Wanderers play their first a league home match at the new Wanderland.

I'd love to see something like this at ANZ where you can't actually lose and just sit back and be entertained..just the idea of not trudging from ANZ in misery is appealing, not appealing enough to sit through 2 hours of bagpipes though...

2 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

I'd love to see something like this at ANZ where you can't actually lose and just sit back and be entertained..just the idea of not trudging from ANZ in misery is appealing, not appealing enough to sit through 2 hours of bagpipes though...

What? It only goes for 2 hours!

8 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Just as I was thinking what a lovely post this was, I got to those last 11 words! :rolleyes:

Just now, Smoggy said:

The only bagpipes that every mattered..I had a bagpipe player at our wedding..it was bloody awful...the bagpipes were as well...

Thanks Smoggy... for the laugh and the clip :grouphug:

It's been a few months since I watched it last!  :lol:

PS You didn't really have bagpipes at your wedding - did you?

7 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Oh.... :cheeky:

Did your wife and the rest of the guests enjoy him?

Well...he certainly cleared the wax out of my ears.....he only played when we came out of the church and then piped us in to the reception venue....then he put them down and got shitfaced....and had to be put / carried to a taxi and I threw the pipes in after him...and off he went in to the night.....

Edited by Smoggy
  • mack locked this topic