What Floats Your Boat 4

16 minutes ago, mack said:

@wendybr did this fix it?

:cry: Nope.

No matter what I click on anywhere near that window,,,I'm urged to Vote Tony Out!

I forgot to try at school - which I'll do tomorrow.

If it's a problem with this computer, hopefully it wont be a problem on a different one. 

Thanks for trying Mack - and sorry I hadn't seen your previous post! :):)

I worked for Westpac for almost 34.5 years. I was made redundant almost 19 years ago. I still have accounts with them.

I met the current local branch manager at business networking events last year. Including one where he took a keen interest in myself and another long serving former employee. 

I opened another account at the local branch a few months ago. The employee looking after us remembered me from my days as treasurer/registrar etc with Emu Plains FC. We got to talking about a few things. Mention was made of Westpac's book of its 200 year history, expecting I would have received a copy, but I hadn't. 

Got a call yesterday asking me to call in when next in Penrith. Called in today. The manager had managed to get a few copies and gave me one!

Rapt.

• 2 weeks later...

WFMB - getting the all clear.

If you're having headaches that last several days like I was last week that then go get a CT scan right away, takes 5 minutes and you get the results same day, if they find something then you found it early and the odds are in your favour.

I'm up to 4 workmates now that have had brain surgery in the last 2-3 years, either for cancerous tumours or aneurysms, was even in tears at one point when the pain was past the point where panadeine couldn't help.We know there's a reason people are getting sick but we don't know why just yet.

I thought I was number 5 on that list.

Not today though, not today.

Yeah..i had a scare a while back when dentist found suspicious lesions at a regular dental check up after a full mouth xray. Had a few tests...long couple of days waiting for the results...all clear thankfully.

Anyway..today i went to the barbers in the city..had hair wash, head and shoulders massage, hot towel around the head thing, hair chop ...very nice women...few drinks whilst getting it done..nearly feel asleep at one point....set for the weekend.

Edited by Smoggy
  • 2 weeks later...

It was certainly difficult to know which was the more exquisite moment on that slalom through United’s defence: the close-range nutmeg to take Fred out of the equation or the body movement that sent Jones completely the wrong way. Jones, United’s gloriously accident-prone centre-half, had a bandage wrapped round his head even before the game started. Very soon the poor chap looked in need of smelling salts. Messi had veered infield, right to left and parallel with the edge of the box, until he had the ball just where he wanted it, pulling back his left foot and scoring with an elegant finish from just outside the penalty area

Nice description of Messi destroying a certain EPL teams defence. (From Daniel Taylor- Guardian)

Out in the country...just watched the sun go down behind the trees and the roos in the field opposite. Few cold beers and a fire going. Another family staying at a cottage next door and the lad playing with their kids...

And reeeeelaaaax....

Just need to pick the moment carefully to tell the wife i left a bag behind with her Easter egg in :unsure: 

Edited by Smoggy

Enjoy Smoggy!

Country NSW, wherever it is, is soooo beautiful.

I used to enjoy all my Easter weekends in Jindabyne. The autumn colours are just stunning down there at this time of year and the air is cool and crisp after a long hot summer. It occasionally snowed up higher in the mountains.

And, every evening, the roos would come down out of the hills above us and graze on the farmland beside us, while I was BBQing. 

I'm not sure they would have turned up if I was cooking Roo. They must like the smell of sirloin.

Autumn is a great time of year. 

Edited by Wanderboy
12 minutes ago, marron said:

Which way Smoggy?

I'm guessing not west otherwise you would have been in the other thread complaining about being parked outside my place for a good long while. :lol:

West of Canberra....went to see the pre raphaelites at the national gallery this morning, had a green tea and cake at the cafe over looking the lake....

Now having a VB.

• mack locked this topic