What Floats Your Boat 4

On 01/06/2019 at 3:41 PM, Wanderboy said:

Are they really that good?

Been thinking of getting one for a while.

Advantages/disadvantages?

My wife got one a couple years ago.

We swear by it.

Last night the wife air fried honey soy chicken wings. It took half the time then using the conventional method.

We have cooked steak and lamb with it, after trail and error it cooks perfect steaks. We have roasted veges and pies.

Only two disadvantages I can think of

It's another appliance in the kitchen. If you have a small kitchen it might take up too much space. 

Lack of cooking space. So dinner for two or three is perfect. If you have guests around. you will have to cook a few batches which can be annoying.

My advice is to buy the bigger air fryer. the small ones can only fit so much. 

Yep, all gone now.

But the best thing about not being from Yorkshire is, because no-one is used to it, the highway shuts, which means school shuts, which means a holiday for everyone. Enough for the snow fights and snowmen and everything, without all the brown slush that lasts for days and ruins your life.

Thank god for that headache I felt coming on at 5:30 this morning....

ALso.... "reminds me of summer in england"....

:golecapproves:

:lol:

Edited by marron
3 minutes ago, marron said:

You'd be off to work you hard bastard, and I had a day doing sweet FA, I know what i'd prefer :lol:

No you see, in Yorkshire it is a competition to see who had the most hardship to get to work..

"5miles you say...well I had to walk 10 miles over snow drifts and carry the wife on me back!" I know this sounds lie the Monty Python thing, but it really is like this.:D Those that call in saying they cannot make it are put down pretty quick :D

Edited by Erimus
18 minutes ago, marron said:

You're in straya now mate, it's pretty much the opposite. :lol:

I know, I catch myself working hard sometimes and reprimand myself and just give myself a few hours off. :(

Remember when I first came here and people starting clocking off at like 3:45 - 4 on a Friday and I was like 'where the **** you going ya lazy chunt', 

Edited by Erimus
12 hours ago, sonar said:

:D

....a young nothern English lad on a working holiday wanted to know if we stop work it it goes over 32C.....lol....he couldn't understand why people were pissing themselves with laughter.:P

If this is tradie type work we all know they clock on at 7am have an hour for morning break and clock off sometime just after lunch.

Edited by Erimus
2 hours ago, Erimus said:

If this is tradie type work we all know they clock on at 7am have an hour for morning break and clock off sometime just after lunch.

nah mate........working indoors.....lol

I actually felt sorry for him him about 8 weeks later when it got to four or five days in a row above 40C. The poor bugger was suffering.....lol.....he was a good lad even if he was a mad Man U supporter.

1 hour ago, marron said:

Should have told them it was Tianenmen Square Weekend ;)

WFMB - tooheys old in the mist.

I did raise that with some of them.

Most have actually never heard of it...as we know...until they're introduced to it at school here.

I'll show the 4 Corners program to the Yr12 kids, who will study The China Coin in Term 4 (which is set during the lead up to the Massacre).

Fire? ******* soft. :crazy:

WFMB: left the kids at their friends place last night in our old sydney hood. The dad is an old punk rock stalwart of some repute. On the way to pick up the kids this morning we walk past yesterdays wet cement and see our kids names inscribed in the footpath :lol:

Meanwhile I am at vivid in a line for ******* ice cream so I'll head over to the other thread. ....

17 minutes ago, marron said:

Fire? ******* soft. :crazy:

WFMB: left the kids at their friends place last night in our old sydney hood. The dad is an old punk rock stalwart of some repute. On the way to pick up the kids this morning we walk past yesterdays wet cement and see our kids names inscribed in the footpath :lol:

Meanwhile I am at vivid in a line for ******* ice cream so I'll head over to the other thread. ....

I got out of Circular Quay at about 4.30.

It was pandemonium getting AWAY from the Quay... I can't imagine how bad it gets after dark!!

Wall to wall people around the Quay all afternoon.

'Orrible!!

• mack locked this topic