What Floats Your Boat 4

19 hours ago, marron said:

Yep, front of the car.

(Which was located near Gulgong at the time).

Back luck mate..i have had a few near misses with roos jumping across the road. One time i have no idea how i missed it as its arse filled the windscreen. This was also out Mudgee way..

Made big mess of car? 

Edited by Erimus

WFMB...early birthday present from the old folks..and what a present!

The book 'The class of 86' that covers the story behind the Boro team of 1986 and the miracle they achieved, and coincided with me being taken along for the first time, so many happy memories.

But the best thing...its signed by the team who were at a function signing copies, and my old man lined up :clapping:(just a couple of players missing). 

That team were ABSOLUTE TOTAL hero's to me and for a generation, I can name every one of them without stopping for breath, locals hero's  such happy memories. Will read the book and probably finish it in a couple of nights but will treasure forever :)

Edited by Erimus
On 09/07/2019 at 6:17 PM, wendybr said:

What an utterly stunning Winter's day!

I spent it with my Penguin friend in Coogee.

:):)

So so glad I had my day in Coogee on Tuesday...and not today.

It would be blowing a gale there today, and the perfection that was a calm Winter's day two days ago would not make for a perfect day there today. By my standards anyway.

Nevertheless, my friend, who now lives in Penguin ( in Tassie) says that we are blessed, weather- wise in Sydney, and we probably don't know how lucky we are. 

She has done house sitting, literally all over Australia for 8 years, and should know about weather all over the country.

Anyway....a clear blue sky is not bad for a mid-Winter' s day, if you can get out of the wind. :unsure:

22 hours ago, Erimus said:

Back luck mate..i have had a few near misses with roos jumping across the road. One time i have no idea how i missed it as its arse filled the windscreen. This was also out Mudgee way..

Made big mess of car? 

Nope, all good. I was in the process of braking having just missed two others seconds before and it bounced off the front and stumbled around for a minute and then was off and away. The biggest casualty was my daughter's belief in her dad :lol:

5 minutes ago, marron said:

Nope, all good. I was in the process of braking having just missed two others seconds before and it bounced off the front and stumbled around for a minute and then was off and away. The biggest casualty was my daughter's belief in her dad :lol:

Shame..could have been roo meat for dinner. I knew someone growing up that would have reversed over it ( just to make sure) and then put it in the boot for dinner.

12 minutes ago, marron said:

You need to drive faster so you're past that spot before the roos move onto the road!!

• mack locked this topic