mack

What Floats Your Boat 4

14 minutes ago, Erimus said:

Yep..will be out walking in the blue mountains again this weekend...will be cold and windy but nice wrapped up warm.

Might be some snow around if you get up there early enough tomorrow morning. :)

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

11 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

Might be some snow around if you get up there early enough tomorrow morning. :)

Yep..more towards Oberon way though..doubt the showers will get much beyond that and not going so far this time. I love the drive to Jenolan Caves when snow around. 

Love walking in the blue mountains in winter. You drop down in to a sheltered valley bottom and the wind roaring in the tree tops and no one else around...bliss.

Edited by Erimus

I am sunning it up on the smelly suburban mudflats of the central coast and dreaming of sassafras turpentine and coachwood and silence broken only by birds and streams.

In laws proudly showing me the mac mansion infested squat waterways, isn't it beautiful, yeah, it's lovely. :lol:

2 minutes ago, marron said:

I am sunning it up on the smelly suburban mudflats of the central coast and dreaming of sassafras turpentine and coachwood and silence broken only by birds and streams.

In laws proudly showing me the mac mansion infested squat waterways, isn't it beautiful, yeah, it's lovely. :lol:

Excellent..your away from the mountains this weekend...leave that same house window open will ya.

If you can find anything worth stealing let me know :lol:

(Just leave the firewood alone....)

Edit: actually you can  help yourself it still needs chopping most of it 

Edited by marron

4 minutes ago, marron said:

If you can find anything worth stealing let me know :lol:

(Just leave the firewood alone....)

Gotcha! :D

Makes note

Burn all firewood...

Edited by Erimus

28 minutes ago, marron said:

You bastard Boro I got home and it was all there, just spent almost 4 hours chopping the bastards

..... in the SNOW!

Ha...i seen a few flakes of snow in blackheath today..walk over and at pub in katoomba:)

37 minutes ago, marron said:

Sorry to always ask, tell me to piss off if you want,  but which walk today?

Piss off :P

Nahhh just wanted to say that..:D.anyhoo...was up really early today via bells line..the wind! Snow coming down between Mt Vic and Blackheath but not sticking. Coffee in Blackheath..nipped along to the conservation hut at Wenty and did walk from there..down to the bottom and along to Leura and Katoomba via a few longer quiet routes. To be honest they are walks done many times before, but always enjoy and always find new stuff to sketch. It really was stunning up here today, so long as wrapped up warm.

Staying up here tonight..nice breakfast in the morning.

Its only a matter of time before i move up here to be honest, will happen one day.

Edited by Erimus

5 minutes ago, Erimus said:

Piss off :P

Nahhh just wanted to say that..:D.anyhoo...was up really early today via bells line..the wind! Snow coming down between Mt Vic and Blackheath but not sticking. Coffee in Blackheath..nipped along to the conservation hut at Wenty and did walk from there..down to the bottom and along to Leura and Katoomba via a few longer quiet routes. To be honest they are walks done many times before, but always enjoy and always find new stuff to sketch. It really was stunning up here today, so long as wrapped up warm.

Staying up here tonight..nice breakfast in the morning.

Its only a matter of time before i move up here to be honest, will happen one day.

Tbh, I'd really love to live up there as well. As high up as possible.

Would love the colder winter's and snow,  and cooler summers.

The snakes and bushfires can **** off though.

Nice.

When I was a kid we lived on the street the conservation hut is on at one point. Back then, it was an actual fibro hut. Dad used to volunteer in there behind the desk so I spent a fair bit of time in there while he sold lolly snakes and maps and stuff. It also had taxidermy of native animals and formaldahyde jars with dead ones in it and stuff. Bit different now :lol: Used to go down the Valley of the Waters all the time, and the National Pass and stuff. I don't think I've ever actually gone round to Leura via the valley though, we moved away before I did the bigger ones.

21 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

Tbh, I'd really love to live up there as well. As high up as possible.

Would love the colder winter's and snow,  and cooler summers.

The snakes and bushfires can **** off though.

Snakes meh..seen a good few on walks up here and i am ok...apart from the browns....they make me nervous.  Only seen those in the lower mountains though. I know where they hang out in the bush near Glenbrook..moody ****ers.

31 minutes ago, Erimus said:

Snakes meh..seen a good few on walks up here and i am ok...apart from the browns....they make me nervous.  Only seen those in the lower mountains though. I know where they hang out in the bush near Glenbrook..moody ****ers.

It's the spiders that are the chunts.....funnel webs especially so. We used to have big garbage bags into which we stored all our camping gear if we were away from the campsite after one of our mates found one crawling in his clothes. Those bastards take no prisoners, they just bite. Our scoutmaster had a saying...."experience is a bastard of a school......tests first then lessons later.".....lol

Edited by sonar

27 minutes ago, sonar said:

It's the spiders that are the chunts.....funnel webs especially so. We used to have big garbage bags into which we stored all our camping gear if we were away from the campsite after one of our mates found one crawling in his clothes. Those bastards take no prisoners, they just bite. Our scoutmaster had a saying...."experience is a bastard of a school......tests first then lessons later.".....lol

I have unhappy scout memories of camping in Scotland (Loch Lomond) and being eaten alive by midgies and ticks latching on. Hatred of camping ever since....which is why i am sending this from a hotel bar.

Stunning morning up the mountains...cold but nice wrapped up warm. Up long before anyone else as per usual, seen sun come up from a view, did a short walk now heading for big breakfast.

Got out on the bike today thanks to all your posts :lol:

Le Tour de Blackheath, **** these hills. Especially in this wind! Did a bit of pottering out past Hat Hill. Found the remains of the hermit's hut which I've meant to do for ages.

4 minutes ago, marron said:

Got out on the bike today thanks to all your posts :lol:

Le Tour de Blackheath, **** these hills. Especially in this wind! Did a bit of pottering out past Hat Hill. Found the remains of the hermit's hut which I've meant to do for ages.

Sounds good..will have to do that Hermits hut thing..a few walks from Mt Victoria i want to do next.

Good full breakfast in Katoomba this morning. Old savoy theater place opposite the Carrington, big plate full.

Well there's not much to it (the hermit's hut) but the story is interesting. I only had the vaguest of descriptions as to where it is (pretty much "at the bottom of hat hill" but it's really just a short walk from the road there.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_mountains_library_-_local_studies/2629745949

There's a picture of what it looks like today at the bottom that someone has posted, it will save you the trouble :lol:

I've hardly done any Mt Vic.

One day I'll go up and walk home down the Grose, possibly with a camp mid way.

25 minutes ago, marron said:

Well there's not much to it (the hermit's hut) but the story is interesting. I only had the vaguest of descriptions as to where it is (pretty much "at the bottom of hat hill" but it's really just a short walk from the road there.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_mountains_library_-_local_studies/2629745949

There's a picture of what it looks like today at the bottom that someone has posted, it will save you the trouble :lol:

I've hardly done any Mt Vic.

One day I'll go up and walk home down the Grose, possibly with a camp mid way.

Think I will rebuild it and live out there, I would do eccentric recluse quite well :D 

Edited by Erimus

23 hours ago, Erimus said:

I have unhappy scout memories of camping in Scotland (Loch Lomond) and being eaten alive by midgies and ticks latching on. Hatred of camping ever since....which is why i am sending this from a hotel bar.

Did you take the high road or low road to get there ?

4 minutes ago, theguyyouwishyouwere said:

your best player is an Irishman 

tenor.gif

Knew this one was coming..:D. His mother is English..but yeah born and raised iin Dublin.

Anyway..be nice to me... i am not well lol :(

Edited by Erimus

You're not well? :(

Too much tramping around in freezing Blue Mtns valleys on the weekend?

Take care Smoggy! :grouphug:

27 minutes ago, Erimus said:

Knew this one was coming..:D. His mother is English..but yeah born and raised iin Dublin.

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d2d32527167416f49

46 minutes ago, Erimus said:

37 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Needed to use more firewood at that empty house!

1 hour ago, wendybr said:

Mountains air seemed to help loosen the green gunk i am coughing up and made me feel better.

Edited by Erimus