What Floats Your Boat 4

1 minute ago, wendybr said:

An owl sitting in a tree at my back door. I often hear him, but never see him. :)

The down side being, he flew off, and took up a position in a tree near the back fence - where I feed my possums. He'd be possibly hoping to make off with a baby possum - I think. :(

You feed possums! They are a nuisance...especislly if you grow fruit and veg...need the gardening thread back...i need to talk about my awesome balcony which now looks increasing like a rain forest :D

2 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

You feed possums! They are a nuisance...especislly if you grow fruit and veg...need the gardening thread back...i need to talk about my awesome balcony which now looks increasing like a rain forest :D

I started feeding them when they used to strip plants of their leaves and new shoots in Winter/Spring.

Don't grow anything like fruit or vegies though.

1 hour ago, Smoggy said:

My son is off to see Gladys at the NSW parliament next week for community work done as volunteer....

******* awesome parenting right ******* there....makes up for the times i dropped him as a baby and ****ed his nappy up and ended up with shyte all up his back. Now he is 12 and doing good stuff so must have got something right....

Yeh, you're bringing him up in Oz, and not Smogsville.

Best decision you ever made. :P

Great stuff though. Well done little Smoggy!!

Edited by Wanderboy
19 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Dont be like that :P

No I meant that genuinely. Only problem is when kids ask tricky questions of pollies certain sections  of the media jump on them a bit "teachers put em up to it" sort of thing.

(I should have said, but that's awesome mate. Well done to him). 

33 minutes ago, marron said:

No I meant that genuinely. Only problem is when kids ask tricky questions of pollies certain sections  of the media jump on them a bit "teachers put em up to it" sort of thing.

(I should have said, but that's awesome mate. Well done to him). 

I dont care what he says...so long as he doesnt say 'gee havent you got a big nose'. 

Really wasn't sure where to put this.

One more game to go, until, hopefully, a remarkable achievement is secured.

Well done to Ange.

https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/api/v1/article/amp/football/jleague-ange-postecoglou-yokohama-f-marinos-win-jleague-news-video/news-story/3f60f92f99a5b93b5fcf691b9d290897

On 01/12/2019 at 9:21 PM, wendybr said:

Watching 8 year old kitty, Cleo,  grooming her 7 year old daughter for the last 10 minutes.

Havent seen it for a while.

Cleo spends most of her time cuddled up with her 16 year old boyfriend.

But it's good to see the maternal bond is still there.

:D:D

we have cat named Cleo as well. She's rescue, from a dead **** family who "gifted" her to the teen daughter and they decided they didn't like cats. When she came to our house, she was skinny, almost too skinny. Well, that changed pretty quickly at our place (and you know, having regular access to food etc). So much so that we nicknamed her Chunks. She's lost a bit of weight now as she gets older (she's around 10 or so), so we've adjusted to calling her Anti-Chunks or Half-Chunks. She used to be a real grump, but she's mellowed as shes aged, bless her.

1 hour ago, SomeGuy1977 said:

we have cat named Cleo as well. She's rescue, from a dead **** family who "gifted" her to the teen daughter and they decided they didn't like cats. When she came to our house, she was skinny, almost too skinny. Well, that changed pretty quickly at our place (and you know, having regular access to food etc). So much so that we nicknamed her Chunks. She's lost a bit of weight now as she gets older (she's around 10 or so), so we've adjusted to calling her Anti-Chunks or Half-Chunks. She used to be a real grump, but she's mellowed as shes aged, bless her.

:good:

Our Cleo (short for Cleopatra, because of markings, like eyeliner, around her eyes :lol:) came with her 3 tiny offspring.

They were living in the loading dock at Wenty Leagues....where one of the workers threatened to feed the kittens to his pet python if they were still there the next day. :sorry2:

So we rescued all 4 of them.

My first sight of Cleo, brave little mother of 3, and emaciated herself, was pouncing on a cockroach in that loading dock, and practically swallowing it whole!

She was soooooo skinny, she was almost 2 dimensional, except for her head.

She was exactly as wide as a black stripe down her back, probably about 3 cm wide. All fur and bone, she was.

Anyway, she raised her 3 kittens....with a bit of help, and most definitely has a middle aged spread these day.

Lol!

:):)

17 hours ago, wendybr said:

:good:

Our Cleo (short for Cleopatra, because of markings, like eyeliner, around her eyes :lol:) came with her 3 tiny offspring.

They were living in the loading dock at Wenty Leagues....where one of the workers threatened to feed the kittens to his pet python if they were still there the next day. :sorry2:

So we rescued all 4 of them.

My first sight of Cleo, brave little mother of 3, and emaciated herself, was pouncing on a cockroach in that loading dock, and practically swallowing it whole!

She was soooooo skinny, she was almost 2 dimensional, except for her head.

She was exactly as wide as a black stripe down her back, probably about 3 cm wide. All fur and bone, she was.

Anyway, she raised her 3 kittens....with a bit of help, and most definitely has a middle aged spread these day.

Lol!

I think I've mentioned our 4th cat? He was a similar kind of rescue, although there was no python involved. Benson was deserted by his mother and was hanging around a warehouse where a friend works. Scared, hungry, everything you'd expect from a stray kitten without a mum. Some of the workers would leave him some food, but he wouldn't come near them. Eventually security caught on and was going to arrange for pest control to remove (I don't think he wanted to, but he had to). Our friend managed to convince him to wait a day to give her (and my wife) a chance to catch him and find him a home. It took quite a bit of work, but they managed to catch him and save him from the extermination.

We planned on finding him a home (3 cats was enough for us I said), but him and my daughter hit it off right away. She was going through a pretty rough time (a story for another time), and with some convincing, we adopted Benson and he became her "support" animal.

He's quite the lump of a cat now. Thinks he owns the place now. My daughter is more than happy to tell me that "there's nothing like a fathers love of a cat he didn't want". Not the first thing that comes to mind when he tries to sleep on my head FFS. But impact he had (and continues to have) on on my daughter is pretty amazing.

A lovely anecdote SG!

How odd that we both have a Cleo and a Benny - sort of! :lol:

Our Benny is the old boy who came to stay  almost a year ago...and will be turning 18 next year. He's doing brilliantly.

He didnt have an aggressive bone in his body...so soft natured, to match his gorgeous, pale ginger looks. He's like a big hairy pillow on fluffy legs. And his tail....exactly like a feather duster!!

But Cleo and her daughter have taken to him the least...and he now knows how to chase them off if they want to get a bit snippy.

Hilarious to see him get up a gallop in their direction....and to see them scurry away.

I have done a **** load of sorting and tidying this week. Even gone through boxes that have hardly been opened since we moved back from the UK in 2011.

At the bottom of a box was a bag that i had no idea what  was in it. Opened it up and to my joy it was all my Boro tops from 1980 to 2011! :good: The ones from 1980 to 1985 were actually my uncles (only 10 years older than me) as i was a bit young then, he gave them to me when he moved. Some from the mid 80's are worth a bit of money as the club was going bust at that time and not many were made and sponsorship names changed within a season! 

Many fit the lad and got him to put them on and take a few photos. His fave is the  Adidas 1981 Datsun Cleveland top :)

Some of the early 90's tops were ******* horrible, they dont all look great. Nice collection though.

• mack locked this topic