What Floats Your Boat 4

9 hours ago, Smoggy said:

I have done a **** load of sorting and tidying this week. Even gone through boxes that have hardly been opened since we moved back from the UK in 2011.

At the bottom of a box was a bag that i had no idea what  was in it. Opened it up and to my joy it was all my Boro tops from 1980 to 2011! :good: The ones from 1980 to 1985 were actually my uncles (only 10 years older than me) as i was a bit young then, he gave them to me when he moved. Some from the mid 80's are worth a bit of money as the club was going bust at that time and not many were made and sponsorship names changed within a season! 

Many fit the lad and got him to put them on and take a few photos. His fave is the  Adidas 1981 Datsun Cleveland top :)

Some of the early 90's tops were ******* horrible, they dont all look great. Nice collection though.

Geeezuussss, maaaate, they're Boro tops! They all look horrible!

1 hour ago, Edinburgh said:

Geeezuussss, maaaate, they're Boro tops! They all look horrible!

The classic Boro top is red with the white chest band. Which i think looks good. The best ever Boro away top is the blue and black stripe Inter Milan insipred top, that has been repeated mant times since early 70's.

I did just smile when I consulted the BOM's App to check the temperature.

In my current location, it says, the temperature is 27, but feels like 27.1.

I'm impressed if they think I can tell the difference!   :lol:

I only know cold (where's a coat and scarf),  coolish (anything below body temperature), hot and tooooo damned hot!!

Lol....feels like 27.1! :lol:

1 hour ago, wendybr said:

I did just smile when I consulted the BOM's App to check the temperature.

In my current location, it says, the temperature is 27, but feels like 27.1.

I'm impressed if they think I can tell the difference!   :lol:

I only know cold (where's a coat and scarf),  coolish (anything below body temperature), hot and tooooo damned hot!!

Lol....feels like 27.1! :lol:

Here it's 30 feels like 36 - that's bullcrap - it feels more like 36.1215

WFMB

I just errr ...accidentally gave an owl sitting in my back garden a shower!

Ummm…... I was  filling my watering can....from the hose,......and errr…..I saw him looking parched.

So I sprayed him....and he opened his wings...and fluffed himself up......and loved it!

OK...it wasn't accidental!

So dob me in and fine me. It was worth it! :P

1 hour ago, wendybr said:

WFMB

I just errr ...accidentally gave an owl sitting in my back garden a shower!

Ummm…... I was  filling my watering can....from the hose,......and errr…..I saw him looking parched.

So I sprayed him....and he opened his wings...and fluffed himself up......and loved it!

OK...it wasn't accidental!

So dob me in and fine me. It was worth it! :P

ADMIN: Snitches get stitches.

8 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

I always go random so I can learn to play

Currently I’m England (Eleanor) and I have NFI what I’m doing. It just ticked over to 1910 AD and I got my first musketman...

lol honestly from what i have seen australia doesnt look the most interesting.........the last civ i played was 2.........so a while ago :P

I contemplated putting this elsewhere less cheery, because it's not a cheerful story overall.

I was at a market at a school today, when a very friendly magpie approached me.

She/he was a bit too interested in human company for it to be normal...and after watching her for a while, it seemed likely she was hungry and thirsty.

The grass was crispy...and a few of them were scratching in the dry dirt, and catchi g nothing at all.

A man making goslemes gave me some mince...and maggie was happy to be hand fed.

I put down a cup of water, and she drank from it.

Later, I went and bought some strips of beef stir fry...brought it back, and she collected it as parent birds do, and hopped into some undergrowth, obviously to share it with an offspring.

I also bought 2 large dishes, filled them with water, which she drank from. I desperately hope it tides them overtil I can visit next weeked.

I will try and take more meat every day, if I can attract her attention from outside the school gates, because you can see that there is nothing for them to feed on, the way they can feed after rain, for example.

The only thing that floated my boat was the resiliance and bravery of the bird to approach humans.

What worries and saddens me is that this must be happening everywhere.

I havent really been monitoring birds closer to home, or trying to help them out...but I will check them out and help if I can.

And I guess I would remind any of the kind souls here who might be able to do something similar,  to be on the look out for creatures around us which must be doing it so tough in these conditions.

PS A few people who noticed what I was doing chipped in with how they are leaving water out for possums or birds, so there are many good humans trying to play a part.

That's boat floating!

:)

12 minutes ago, wendybr said:

I contemplated putting this elsewhere less cheery, because it's not a cheerful story overall.

I was at a market at a school today, when a very friendly magpie approached me.

She/he was a bit too interested in human company for it to be normal...and after watching her for a while, it seemed likely she was hungry and thirsty.

The grass was crispy...and a few of them were scratching in the dry dirt, and catchi g nothing at all.

A man making goslemes gave me some mince...and maggie was happy to be hand fed.

I put down a cup of water, and she drank from it.

Later, I went and bought some strips of beef stir fry...brought it back, and she collected it as parent birds do, and hopped into some undergrowth, obviously to share it with an offspring.

I also bought 2 large dishes, filled them with water, which she drank from. I desperately hope it tides them overtil I can visit next weeked.

I will try and take more meat every day, if I can attract her attention from outside the school gates, because you can see that there is nothing for them to feed on, the way they can feed after rain, for example.

The only thing that floated my boat was the resiliance and bravery of the bird to approach humans.

What worries and saddens me is that this must be happening everywhere.

I havent really been monitoring birds closer to home, or trying to help them out...but I will check them out and help if I can.

And I guess I would remind any of the kind souls here who might be able to do something similar,  to be on the look out for creatures around us which must be doing it so tough in these conditions.

PS A few people who noticed what I was doing chipped in with how they are leaving water out for possums or birds, so there are many good humans trying to play a part.

That's boat floating!

:)

The birds around us are quite lucky. The lady next door has freshwater fish in a large old swimming pool so there's plenty of water. I also give the maggies a feed when I can. 

• mack locked this topic