mack

What Floats Your Boat 4

48 minutes ago, JackDoff said:

Yeah, it doesn’t sound as good as Moroccan Lettuce....

....or slow cooked Lentils.....:ninja:

:D

41 minutes ago, sonar said:

....or slow cooked Lentils.....:ninja:

Mmmmmm...slow cooked lennntils! 

1 hour ago, wendybr said:

Mmmmmm...slow cooked lennntils! 

Farttastic.

When I was last in London I had something called a rainbow salad from a food market that was packed full of lentils. Arse was going off like a machine gun all round a museum the next day

Edited by Smoggy

this would usually be in WGMG topic but one of the bridges out of my area is looking like it might flood, we just need the rain so much that i am seeing it as a good thing

this might be a ridiculous post but i play a video game called apex legends, pretty much a shooter that requires good aim, i have very poor fine motor skills which makes aiming very difficult, so needless to say i am not very good at it :P plus sometimes when trying to line up a shot 

played the match of my life, in reality it wasnt that good but my accuracy was extremely good(apart from 4 easy shots which i somehow missed), yay i did good in a video game where is my billions dollar contract? :P i know its a small unimportant thing but its just nice to be able to overcome some issues for a bit

Went to my sisters place on Sat for lunch and she gave us some frozen homemade pasta meals to go. Damn my sis makes a mean pasta.....yum. :D

Woo hoo! Bill n Ted 3 coming out!  :lol:

Hung out around Mt Banks today, fresh angle on the Grose.

Close up view of some of those hillsides of the valley that copped it haaaard over summer.

But - nice to see the waterfalls gushing.

And.... I think... finally I got a view down into the bluegum which looked alright. Could see the tall white trunks and all the green still there.

3 hours ago, marron said:

Hung out around Mt Banks today, fresh angle on the Grose.

Close up view of some of those hillsides of the valley that copped it haaaard over summer.

But - nice to see the waterfalls gushing.

And.... I think... finally I got a view down into the bluegum which looked alright. Could see the tall white trunks and all the green still there.

I had to go to Lithgow during the week. I went up via Bell's Line of Road, and returned via the GWH.

Could not believe the devastation. Such a massive area of the Blue Mountains destroyed. There were parts of Bells Line where I could see to the north and as far as I could see, it was totaled. I never thought I would see anything like this in such a pristine environment in my life. It is completely incomprehensible how bad it is, but truly it is no surprise, considering the summer we just had. The summer from hell. :(

To see all the hillsides around Lithgow burnt to the edges of town was a shock. Not just Lithgow, but the whole Blue Mountains area was very lucky to escape this summer without complete carnage, considering the Gospers fire and the other one to the south burnt for months. Thank goodness for small mercies.

There's two more comments I'd like to make. Firstly, upon seeing the devastated state of the countryside, one can only imagine the enormous loss of wildlife that occurred. Just that thought is simply upsetting in itself. Secondly, it is clear to see what an absolutely amazing job the RFS did in saving lives and property. Yes, I saw burnt sheds, cars and the occasional house. But I saw far more saved houses, schools, roadside businesses etc.. and pockets of green where it mattered, surrounded by apocolyptic burnt out forest. How they did it I don't know, but geez, these guys and gals simply did an amazing job and I have no doubt there are a million stories that we have not heard of that would confirm all these firefighters as simply, Bravehearts and hero's.

Finally, I apologise for posting all this in this thread. Nothing I saw this week floated my boat. :(

I was just replying to Marron.

37 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

Finally, I apologise for posting all this in this thread. Nothing I saw this week floated my boat. :(

As sad and upsetting  as your trip was, thanks for sharing your descrptions here WB.

All you observe in your post is very powerful.

😟😟

1 hour ago, pseudonym said:

When do they add the leather, zippers and straps?

17 hours ago, Wanderboy said:

I had to go to Lithgow during the week. I went up via Bell's Line of Road, and returned via the GWH.

Could not believe the devastation. Such a massive area of the Blue Mountains destroyed. There were parts of Bells Line where I could see to the north and as far as I could see, it was totaled. I never thought I would see anything like this in such a pristine environment in my life. It is completely incomprehensible how bad it is, but truly it is no surprise, considering the summer we just had. The summer from hell. :(

To see all the hillsides around Lithgow burnt to the edges of town was a shock. Not just Lithgow, but the whole Blue Mountains area was very lucky to escape this summer without complete carnage, considering the Gospers fire and the other one to the south burnt for months. Thank goodness for small mercies.

There's two more comments I'd like to make. Firstly, upon seeing the devastated state of the countryside, one can only imagine the enormous loss of wildlife that occurred. Just that thought is simply upsetting in itself. Secondly, it is clear to see what an absolutely amazing job the RFS did in saving lives and property. Yes, I saw burnt sheds, cars and the occasional house. But I saw far more saved houses, schools, roadside businesses etc.. and pockets of green where it mattered, surrounded by apocolyptic burnt out forest. How they did it I don't know, but geez, these guys and gals simply did an amazing job and I have no doubt there are a million stories that we have not heard of that would confirm all these firefighters as simply, Bravehearts and hero's.

I have been around the bells line and did a loop back via Mt Vic and it is as you say and i was shocked also. I filled a moleskine sketchbook thing i have to record it...i dont do photos lol... There is something to say /capture in pencil or paint at some point...perhaps.

Yes, I didn't say that the rest was pretty disheartening. Like wanderboy said, the stuff that got saved is amazing. The wilderness that is just black is horrific. I haven't been down to lithgow recently but I imagine that would be a a bit of a shock too, given what I've heard and where it went.

So it's tempered, obviously! But I can't lie... to see the regeneration happening along that side and the untouched patches definitely floated my boat.

4 hours ago, Carns said:

Holy crap. :lol:

at some point as a teen I found myself alone on redfern station after having been out to some ska gig, wearing a suit and hat. I just missed the train, no-one else around, it was raining. . anyway I'm sitting there at like 1 in the morning and this gang of skinheads come down the platform towards me, I was like, ****, here we go. They came up to me real close and menacing looking and everything and I look up from where I'm sitting and one of them leans in real close towards me and goes.....

"I've got a message for you."  :lol:

1 minute ago, marron said:

Unfortunately, the image is fake (found out after posting). But it still made me smile (and I knew you'd appreciate it).

5 minutes ago, marron said:

Holy crap. :lol:

at some point as a teen I found myself alone on redfern station after having been out to some ska gig, wearing a suit and hat. I just missed the train, no-one else around, it was raining. . anyway I'm sitting there at like 1 in the morning and this gang of skinheads come down the platform towards me, I was like, ****, here we go. They came up to me real close and menacing looking and everything and I look up from where I'm sitting and one of them leans in real close towards me and goes.....

Redfern was a more interesting place when I first came here in 2001 than it is today.

Just now, Smoggy said:

Redfern was a more interesting place when I first came here in 2001 than it is today.

Like everywhere interesting in Sydney it got gentrified. Same thing is happening to Parra (debatable how interesting it used to be..... different, sure).

Yeah this would have been 90s sometime. Old industrial sydney still existed then.  My girlfriends sister worked making ordinary clothes (I.e., not fashion or whatever) in surry hills! Squats on broadway. The block was there, at redfern.  I would have been coming back from something down alexandria or zetland I think. Good times.

lol  someone had a bad afternoon at work...'bugger let the baboons out.. :D

Baboons are bastards though, stayed in a dump of a hotel outside Mombasa and these ****ers would reach through the window and try to steal your stuff. Until the old women with a broom came and chased them away...which kept them away for at least 20 seconds.

As today is shrove Tuesday it will be the annual mob football game in a town just outside the Boro, over 900 year old tradition....of kicking the absolute shyte out of each other :D

It's an individual game, the winner is the person who passes the small ball through the bull ring on the green 3 times....no rules other than that...anything goes..1994 I had a go. The ball came rolling towards me and big chunts closing in so threw it quickly to a mate who got smashed.....**** that!

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

Edited by Smoggy

1 hour ago, Smoggy said:

As today is shrove Tuesday it will be the annual mob football game in a town just outside the Boro, over 900 year old tradition....of kicking the absolute shyte out of each other :D

It's an individual game, the winner is the person who passes the small ball through the bull ring on the green 3 times....no rules other than that...anything goes..1994 I had a go. The ball came rolling towards me and big chunts closing in so threw it quickly to a mate who got smashed.....**** that!

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

LOL .............Men :unknw:

Reminds me of all the moshpits I used to be in at local gigs supporting local bands and also at big festivals like Big Day Out and Soundwave...I don't miss it one bit. Moshpits are dumb IMO.