mack

What Floats Your Boat 4

Posted (edited)

How quiet my local shopping centre is, never seen it so quiet on a Sat morning.

Its ******* awesome with all the ******* fruit loops hiding away in their bunkers...no doubt surrounded by bog rolls...

Edited by Smoggy

45 minutes ago, marron said:

Reminds me of that old gag.

"Ruth, you're a hundred years old today. Tell me, what's your secret?"

"I knocked over bank in '47."

When my great grandmother hit 100 in 1993 they local press came to the party and interviewed her and asked her that question....she had an interesting life and wanted a few quotes.

She told them to bugger off.

They wanted to put a party hat on her to take the photo...that wasnt going to happen either....

Then after that she asked if we were all buggering off because her program was starting on the telly soon....

There is a photo of all of us stood around her that made the paper with her looking well pissed off sat in the middle.

If the secret of a long life is being a miserable sod i have it ******* nailed...

1 hour ago, Smoggy said:

Its ******* awesome with all the ******* fruit loops hiding away in their bunkers...no doubt surrounded by bog rolls...

No such people shortage at Bunnings this morning!

Bursting at the seams...as usual.

13 minutes ago, wendybr said:

No such people shortage at Bunnings this morning!

Bursting at the seams...as usual.

.....getting all the hardware for building Prepper bunkers.......:ninja:

2 hours ago, Smoggy said:

???

I tried two shopping centres and they were chockablock

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

???

I tried two shopping centres and they were chockablock

Yeah but this one was close to a school that was closed down yesterday and has had a few cases reported in the vicinity...it was deserted...

Probably the safest place to shop in Sydney today lol

Edited by Smoggy

3 hours ago, sonar said:

.....getting all the hardware for building Prepper bunkers.......:ninja:

No...but I was tempted to buy veggies to start preparing.

But I didn't.

No, it’s not the  Thunderdome, it’s the Thunderbox!  

!  

Really love this youtube channel, this guy (Steve) tries different ration food that are usually provided to different armed forces (Army, Navy, Air Force), etc. He recently tried a ration that was produced in 1906, it amazing how the food is somehow "eatable" according to this guy. Also, it really shows how times have changed within technology with this terrible designed package can and the can opener...what a mess.

Highly recommend this channel if you're into war history stuff.

Mls is back and seeing some quality football with a phili CB score a magical goal even better than topor stanlys 

21 hours ago, mack said:

I'm literally watching that episode right now lol. He once ate some old bread from the American Civil War 155 years ago.

I have not seen that! 
I'll have to check it out. 
I watched the Australian 2017 ration one.

24 minutes ago, MathyouWSW said:

I have not seen that! 
I'll have to check it out. 
I watched the Australian 2017 ration one.

There's an earlier Australian ration video where he just goes nuts over the condensed milk tube. :lol:

7 hours ago, Burgerman said:

Mls is back and seeing some quality football with a phili CB score a magical goal even better than topor stanlys 

It's crazy how many teams are in the MLS now (26) and 4 future teams...(Is there a team for Alaska yet?)
I still think Colorado Rapid's home stadium has the best name: Dick's Sporting Goods Stadium.
Vancouver's stadium is the best with the suspended screen in the air
And New York City play in a baseball field is f*cking dumb.

Alaska's biggest city is the US' 66th largest, doesn't even have 300k people in it which is like 5 times smaller than what is generally considered the minimum for an MLS team. Add in the weather & costs of transport, they'll never get one. A team from Alaska would be more likely to be the Wellington Phoenix of the Canadian league.

When the A-League started the MLS had 12 teams.

The A-League had 8. Now 15 years later we have (generously including the Bulls) 12.

The MLS is going to be 30, and there is no particularly reason that they couldn't get up to 48 and have a three tiers of 16 teams with P/R

Posted (edited)

Mack, I was only joking about the Alaska thing. I know there's no way they would have a team there. 

It really goes to show how we really haven't developed well in expanding the A-League compared to MLS when they have so many teams.

Edited by MathyouWSW

Mls also tax 30% fee on profit transfers and their funding is amazing and can afford to expand. Some strong teams and more enjoyable to watch than Premier league. 

4 hours ago, MathyouWSW said:

It really goes to show how we really haven't developed well in expanding the A-League compared to MLS when they have so many teams.

The big difference is population. AUS 25 M compared to  US 327 M.......billionare team owners in the US are dime a dozen.....in Aus as rare as an ACL trophy.:ninja:

:D

12 hours ago, sonar said:

The big difference is population. AUS 25 M compared to  US 327 M.......billionare team owners in the US are dime a dozen.....in Aus as rare as an ACL trophy.:ninja:

Yes they have the population to do so, but all teams have great crowds and smart administration in the game compared to us with lowy the dictator self benefiting era. MLS might become a bigger product than EPL in the future. 

The lower population here makes putting teams in the right places even more important.

After 15 years the A-League should look something like:

1. Sydney FC
  2. Wanderers
  3. Penrith
  4. Campbelltown
  5. Melbourne Victory (Central CBD)
  6. Eastern Melbourne (eg Team 11 Dandenong/Casey)
  7. Western Melbourne
  8. Brisbane Roar (Central)
  9. Southern Brisbane
  10. Adelaide United
  11. 2nd Adelaide Team
  12. Perth (maybe, the costs of having them in the league must be enormous considering the travel expenses).
  13. Canberra
  14. Wollongong
  15. Newcastle
  16. Geelong
  17. and 18. Gosford, Hobart, Blacktown or two teams in NZ at least one of which has to be Auckland as it is by far the biggest city in NZ, with Christchuch or Wellington the 2nd team.

Instead what have Lowy and Gallop done for expansion?

• Replaced NZ Knights with Wellington, a see saw club who are at best an average A-League team in terms of support. Compared to most of the expansion clubs, successful enough.
  • GCU. Failure. Any hope of a stable existence for GCU was killed by Palmer being the owner.
  • Fury. Complete failure. Fury failed before they'd even kicked off because of backers pulling out, and when the one guy left had to quit, it cost the FFA millions to keep them going until pulling the plug.
  • Sydney Rovers. Failure.
  • Melbourne Heart. Failure. "Rescued" by turning them into a franchise of Manchester City. They are little more than a parasite on the A-League, with no local identity and playing in the same stadium as Victory do. It also let the hooks of City Football Group enter Australian football politics. Lowy responded so badly to the desire for better leadership that CFG now effectively run the A-League and FFA.
  • Western United. Failure. Their stadium plan is a shambles, if it ever happens they will still have at least 2, probably 3 more seasons away from their future home ground, which is in the middle of nowhere with a population barely the size of Gosford as their catchment.
  • Macarthur. Apart from WSW, this is the only team that are in a good position with a high population, with a geographic identity and a decent stadium. They might not make a huge impact, but their long-term position should be good, with a high chance of developing into a stable community club.

The FFA has also let several good bids in places that should have teams wither. Wollongong & Canberra should have been in the league long before ever picking Western United for example.

Its difficult to find much to float your boat these days....

Today I have had a covid free day as day after day of terrible news grinds you down after a while. I went on a bush walk in the local area, its a long thin patch of bush reserve and when in there you could imagine being in the middle of the blue mountains, very nice walk and no need for social distancing issues as didn't pass another soul. Took a drink and sarnie with me.

Just nice to get away from the news for a day! :wacko:

Posted (edited)

:golecapproves:

(still my favourite emoji on here)

this is my plan for tomorrow.

today wasn't bad either though. went down the nets with my daughter who is starting to bowl some nice left handed orthodox with a tennis ball.

also looking forward to not getting up before daylight on monday morning. I had feared I would have to be looking after my kids as well as my school kids but without even having to make any sort of argument it's been decided I will be doing that from downstairs while everyone else is upstairs for the school day. that was my opening position! :cool:

Edited by marron

2 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Took a drink and sarnie with me.

:fool: I thought we sorted this out once before??

You took a sanger with you! 

A sanger, not a sarnie!

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

12 minutes ago, wendybr said:

:fool: I thought we sorted this out once before??

You took a sanger with you! 

A sanger, not a sarnie!

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I know, I said Sarnie just to wind you up lol

10 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

I know, I said Sarnie just to wind you up lol

:arniesalt:

:P

Well despite your attempt to wind me up...I'm very pleased you had a lovely walk.

Went on my walk, was great.

Found some indigenous rock carvings I'd been told about too. Time passes.