What Floats Your Boat 4

On 29/03/2020 at 8:14 PM, marron said:

Social distancing not really a problem. Thank ****.

20200329-100045.jpg

Start chopping your wood mate. First cold blast of the season heading in for the end of the week. Dusting of snow for the Aussie alps likley.

Just a brief blast but a reminder that we are on the slide to winter.

I would usually be making moves to get up to the BM from now on many weekends :( I bet Katoomba is ******* dead.

Edited by Smoggy
50 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Start chopping your wood mate. First cold blast of the season heading in for the end of the week. Dusting of snow for the Aussie alps likley.

Just a brief blast but a reminder that we are on the slide to winter.

I would usually be making moves to get up to the BM from now on many weekends :( I bet Katoomba is ******* dead.

Have you joined ski.com since the demise of WZ?

2 hours ago, sonar said:

Teaching my 90 year old dad to video conference with family members....lol.....test run was a success

:woah:

I know what thats like...when i skype the old folks they STILL do that thing where i can hear them but they dont think i can yet.

All i can hear is them arguing about it..then like the click of the fingers they realise it is working and instantly change their tone...

Also usually get an awesome view up my old mans hairy nostril....

Edited by Smoggy
1 hour ago, Smoggy said:

I know what thats like...when i skype the old folks they STILL do that thing where i can hear them but they dont think i can yet.

All i can hear is them arguing about it..then like the click of the fingers they realise it is working and instantly change their tone...

Also usually get an awesome view up my old mans hairy nostril....

My sis suggested it as a way for us as a family to be/feel a little more connected during the lockdown and to help my dad with his cabin fever. Now, if I could only teach him how to torrent....:ninja:

:D

My family got annoyed with each other because no-one could hear each other and work out how to communicate effectively. so much "what?" "no, you need to..." "turn that thing off" "who's that" "I can't see" "grandma can't hear you, speak up" "we need to mute uncle joe" etc etc.

So, just like old times.

22 minutes ago, marron said:

My family got annoyed with each other because no-one could hear each other and work out how to communicate effectively. so much "what?" "no, you need to..." "turn that thing off" "who's that" "I can't see" "grandma can't hear you, speak up" "we need to mute uncle joe" etc etc.

So, just like old times.

Everyone got into the spitit of the occasion.....a lot of laughs. Family catch ups are usually very noisy...this was no different.....lol

Walked out to hanging rock today.

**** there are some mental people out there, it was blowing a gale and people were hanging off the damn thing. A bloke died falling off it only a few months back.

(What doesn't float my boat is the joke above, just saw how I could have done a better punchline, too late, dammit :lol: )

This has made my day...

An email I just found from one of the kids I taught last year - as lovely a young guy as you'd ever find.

Hi! Miss, Im Aaron. 
I miss you so much!😁  I am doing Engineering course at Monash Uni, but now we're studying online, no campus.
Please take care of your health.💪

They often check up on me after they leave! :D

:) :)
  • mack locked this topic