What Floats Your Boat 4

I have made a new mate whilst working on my balcony table.

A sulphur-crested cockatoo comes swooping down each day and sits on the wall in front of me. Sits there for ages looking at me having a clean of his feet ( is it a he or a she..not sure) and then just seems to sit there resting.

I moved my laptop so he/she was in the background to a meeting yesterday..peering over my shoulder :D

Will try and get a photo when they come back.

Edited by Smoggy
4 hours ago, Smoggy said:

I have made a new mate whilst working on my balcony table.

A sulphur-crested cockatoo comes swooping down each day and sits on the wall in front of me. Sits there for ages looking at me having a clean of his feet ( is it a he or a she..not sure) and then just seems to sit there resting.

I moved my laptop so he/she was in the background to a meeting yesterday..peering over my shoulder :D

Will try and get a photo when they come back.

Every day, I miss my cockatoos at school!  :(

Not sure if I mentioned this at the time, but one day, 44 of them followed me from around my staffroom, to the other side of the school for a feed (I know there were 44, because I counted them, all lined up when I emptied a packet of seeds for them!).

My colleagues filmed it. It was HILARIOUS!! to see the birds waddling, and flapping along behind me as I shook the box of cockatoo seeds, as they all followed me....across the quadrangle, and disappeared with me around the corner of a building!

I'd been directed to NOT feed the birds by the boss.   :cheeky:

And I got busted for feeding them at the other side of the school (the seed husks are a tell tale sign).

But I didn't stop.  :lol:

Enjoy him/her Smoggy! Local birds give me joy every day around here  - I've never appreciated them more than recently!   :D:D

8 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Not sure if I mentioned this at the time, but one day, 44 of them followed me from around my staffroom, to the other side of the school for a feed (I know there were 44, because I counted them, all lined up when I emptied a packet of seeds for them!).

My colleagues filmed it. It was HILARIOUS!! to see the birds waddling, and flapping along behind me as I shook the box of cockatoo seeds, as they all followed me....across the quadrangle, and disappeared with me around the corner of a building!

And I got busted for feeding them at the other side of the school (the seed husks are a tell tale sign).

Enjoy him/her Smoggy! Local birds give me joy every day around here  - I've never appreciated them more than recently!   :D:D

Go for it wendy..!

We have a resident maggie who only comes looking occasionally for food.He'll stand outside the back door and start singing. He's been around for 3-4 years and has only approached a handful of times but  I do  keep fresh water for them daily. I like birds as well. :D

18 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Well I live not far from your school so it is likely one of yours looking for a handout :rolleyes:

Should also say the first time it swooped in and I looked up I shat myself lol

To the first statement - I know - and could be one of mine. You wouldn't take long to get them feeding out of your hand, which a lot of mine do - but it's probably better not to do it.

I do feel kind of guilty that some probably got used to my tucker - and then....I wasn't there.  :(

For the second statement -  :rolleyes:

DO NOT WATCH if you don't like swearing.

Goat - and maybe a few others will find this entertaining - and maybe even informative, if you like watching cooking stuff.

I didn't put it in the Food Thread - because I don't like cooking, or watching anything that involves cooking, but this is amusing - and he obviously knows what he's doing in a kitchen. :lol:

On 16/04/2020 at 8:42 PM, mack said:

I can't stand bolognese, always makes me sick to my stomach. Can't stand mushrooms either.

Also, Zucchini is a pointless thing. It's just water in an awful package.

I cooked spaghetti last week and i always do that thing Jaime Oliver does to open a packet where by you hold the packet in your hand and slam the bottom on the counter, it splits the top open in a split second and feels satisfying.

Except this time the packet split down the side and as my hand slipped to the bottom the pasta went ******* everywhere.

Wife just stood there shaking her head...walks away and just says 'clean it up'....ffs...

Edited by Smoggy
1 hour ago, hawks2767 said:

I'm overdue for a new PC for home so been doing some online browsing and came across this.

Apologies but he has no site just a Facebook page

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=894710024324967&id=588320541630585&__tn__=*s*s-R

Would be amazing.

Their high end gaming computers.

My youngest boy built himself a gaming desktop computer for under $1200 last Christmas holidays.

10 minutes ago, marron said:

Should add I was a young kid in both of course.

I asked dad where the helmet came from, he said he doesnt remember but he was a member at one point, I had no idea :lol:

I was a member of the BWIU, yet the BLF used to rule the roost on building sites. Bomb threats, etc..... No kidding. Grub of an organization.

Ironically, it was Bob Hawke who sorted it all out!

Previously president of the ACTU, when he became PM, the Pilot's strike happened, and he told them to **** off and brought in pilots from overseas to fill the void. It was a critical decision in Australia's trade union history. It was almost the end of transport, oil and any other strike action.

Edited by Wanderboy
  • 2 weeks later...
  • mack locked this topic