mack

What Floats Your Boat 4

43 minutes ago, wendybr said:

^^^ Wot? :rolleyes:

I had a mate once at uni.. well when I say mate more of acquaintance that I couldn't shake. Anyhoo any difficult question with no apparent answer he would blurt out 42!...wanker..punched him in the arm every time he said that.

A test to flush out those that know what this means :D

Edited by Smoggy

4 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

I had a mate once at uni.. well when I say mate more of acquaintance that I couldn't shake. Anyhoo any difficult question with no apparent answer he would blurt out 42!...wanker..punched him in the arm every time he said that.

The answer is....THGTTG.....:D

1 minute ago, sonar said:

The answer is....THGTTG.....:D

I had a list of people here in my mind who would know that..you were near the top....with Marron...:D

2 hours ago, Smoggy said:

I’m a middle aged IT professional 

of course I know

Don’t Panic 

1 hour ago, StringerBellend said:

I’m a middle aged IT professional 

Bloody IT Crowd !!

11 hours ago, Smoggy said:

I had a list of people here in my mind who would know that..you were near the top....with Marron...:D

Oi!

I've taught it!  :P

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

7 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Oi!

I've taught it!  :P

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

You were top of the list ;)

12 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

You were top of the list ;)

:meep:

Having had my memory jogged, I just went and looked up some quotes.

So many absurdly hilarious lines from Douglas Adams' books! I've not read any for years....but I should go back and reread some!

Check these out... :lol:

https://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/3078186-the-hitchhiker-s-guide-to-the-galaxy

“For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.”
 Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

10 minutes ago, wendybr said:

“For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.”

:rolleyes:

15 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Having had my memory jogged, I just went and looked up some quotes.

So many absurdly hilarious lines from Douglas Adams' books! I've not read any for years....but I should go back and reread some!

Check these out... :lol:

https://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/3078186-the-hitchhiker-s-guide-to-the-galaxy

He was a genius imo

Dirk gently was great read as weĺl

Yep, agreed, always enjoyed Douglas Adams. I know it well.

I also know the kind of people that will quote it ad nauseum and avoid them where possible :D (They also tend to say "Ni" a lot. )

“You know," said Arthur, "it's at times like this, when I'm trapped in a Vogon airlock with a man from Betelgeuse, and about to die of asphyxiation in deep space that I really wish I'd listened to what my mother told me when I was young."
"Why, what did she tell you?"
"I don't know, I didn't listen.”

6 minutes ago, wendybr said:

“You know," said Arthur, "it's at times like this, when I'm trapped in a Vogon airlock with a man from Betelgeuse, and about to die of asphyxiation in deep space that I really wish I'd listened to what my mother told me when I was young."
"Why, what did she tell you?"
"I don't know, I didn't listen.”

:stonedtrifiro:

7 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

:stonedtrifiro:

Wot??

:grouphug:

WFMB, seeing the harbour for the first time in a long time this morning and just sitting and looking at the water....just nice to see a fresh horizon that I haven't see in a while!

36 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

WFMB, seeing the harbour for the first time in a long time this morning and just sitting and looking at the water....just nice to see a fresh horizon that I haven't see in a while!

Hopefully there'll be a sketch or two for us  to view?? ;)

15 hours ago, wendybr said:

Hopefully there'll be a sketch or two for us  to view?? ;)

Usual place, next few days / when I get time to upload. ;)

Edited by Smoggy

Hypothetically speaking, what would you do, if, say, hundreds of magic mushrooms sprang up in your veggie patch overnight?

Asking for a friend.....

17 minutes ago, marron said:

Hypothetically speaking, what would you do, if, say, hundreds of magic mushrooms sprang up in your veggie patch overnight?

Asking for a friend.....

Put on ministry of sound at full blast, find an oversized T shirt or jumper, bucket hat and pretend it is Manchester circa 1993..mad-fer-it!!

6 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Put on ministry of sound at full blast, find an oversized T shirt or jumper, bucket hat and pretend it is Manchester circa 1993..mad-fer-it!!