mack

What Floats Your Boat 4

^^^^Wot???

WFMB...covid nums low and have a place booked in the bush from Fri to Mon. Never sure these days if such things will go ahead but looking good.

Looking forward to getting out the city and a new open view and sky!

Can't wait.

2 hours ago, Smoggy said:

WFMB...covid nums low and have a place booked in the bush from Fri to Mon. Never sure these days if such things will go ahead but looking good.

Looking forward to getting out the city and a new open view and sky!

Can't wait.

A climb to the summit of Mt Druitt...?........:P

:D

7 hours ago, Wanderboy said:

^^^^ Where about?

Down Canberra way...to the west of Canberra.

That's around where my mum grew up. Out near Yass in a small village just south of Yass called Bowning.

Sad story actually.  Her mum dropped dead in front of her when she was just 13, in the family kitchen. Mum still doesn't know whether it was a stroke or heart attack or something else. Mum was shoved off to Sydney after that (as her dad didn't know how to look after her as he was running the farm), to a boarding school after that to live with relatives in the big smoke. It's there that mum met my dad at a CYO dance one night. 

And we think that times are tough now!

9 hours ago, sonar said:

A climb to the summit of Mt Druitt...?........:P

:D

Yep, three peak challenge, after this I will climb Rooty Hill and Quakers Hill.......

Had a great dinner last night in the city with a mate and a friend of his

We had a really in-depth, yet intellectual discussion on singles, dating, and relationships. Obviously, the stories started getting told, the more and more we drank.

I didn't tell the Dutch Tea story, I mentioned one from the year before where I also - coincidentally - ended up in the girl's bedroom. However due to understandable missteps, stuff ups, and brain fades on my part, I ended up sleeping on the couch.

I hadn't told that story in ages and didn't really feel the need to for a long time. But today, thinking back on what happened that night... it just seems so inconceivable how it ended up the way it did.

It is just so clear now, looking back and in perspective, why I stuffed up. It is so cringey to look back but the fact that I'm cringing and even last night, when I really couldn't figure out how I managed to stuff that one up... all of that just points to personal growth.

One of the points we made at the dinner is that if we knew then what we knew now, life would just be so different. Unfathomable really. Butterfly effect 100%.

11 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

Had a great dinner last night in the city with a mate and a friend of his

We had a really in-depth, yet intellectual discussion on singles, dating, and relationships. Obviously, the stories started getting told, the more and more we drank.

I didn't tell the Dutch Tea story, I mentioned one from the year before where I also - coincidentally - ended up in the girl's bedroom. However due to understandable missteps, stuff ups, and brain fades on my part, I ended up sleeping on the couch.

I hadn't told that story in ages and didn't really feel the need to for a long time. But today, thinking back on what happened that night... it just seems so inconceivable how it ended up the way it did.

It is just so clear now, looking back and in perspective, why I stuffed up. It is so cringey to look back but the fact that I'm cringing and even last night, when I really couldn't figure out how I managed to stuff that one up... all of that just points to personal growth.

One of the points we made at the dinner is that if we knew then what we knew now, life would just be so different. Unfathomable really. Butterfly effect 100%.

Hindsight is a remarkable thing isn't it....?..........:D

45 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Yep, three peak challenge, after this I will climb Rooty Hill and Quakers Hill.......

I'd got the whole hog and do a Sir Edmund Hilary and add in Mt Pritchard.......:lol:

52 minutes ago, sonar said:

I'd got the whole hog and do a Sir Edmund Hilary and add in Mt Pritchard.......:lol:

This is as pointless and daft as the old pun thread....:D

28 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

@MartinTyler, I seen a women wearing a Nottingham forest shirt yesterday 

Get a pic? :meep:

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Ossified said:

Right, yesterday I saw a bloke wearing an "Accrington Stanley" away strip top walking down the road on his hands whistling dixie.

"Accrington Stanley!. Who are they?"

"Exactly!".....

One for the fellow poms who grew up in UK in the 80's there...

( note...the above comments only work in a broad scouse accent...)

Edited by Smoggy

58 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

"Accrington Stanley!. Who are they?"

"Exactly!".....

One for the fellow poms who grew up in UK in the 80's there...

( note...the above comments only work in a broad scouse accent...)

Got no idea what  you lot are on about, but it sounds amusing! :D

3 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Fella in an Everton top at my local Woolies last weekend. All coming back out the woodwork :rolleyes:

Well it makes a change from a Liverpool shirt i suppose.

41 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Got no idea what  you lot are on about, but it sounds amusing! :D

It was a TV add in the 80's with two kids. Will post a YouTube later...

4 hours ago, MartinTyler said:

Get a pic? :meep:

Might have looked odd, as it was I think she may have thought me a bit weird for staring 

16 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Might have looked odd, as it was I think she may have thought me a bit weird for staring 

Does this feeling come from experience? :D