What Really Grinds My Gears 5

To Mack's question....It's always good to know what your opposition is thinking /saying/planning....surely?

PS...His grandiose entrance, which probably takes the first 2 minutes, is good for a laugh.

;)

On 14/05/2019 at 6:52 PM, wendybr said:

23 minute ads for Clive Palmer on You tube. :angry:

Of course I don't watch them...altho I've stomached the first 5 minutes just to check of what bullshi.t he's peddling.

What's much worse is the notion that a certain proportion of the population may choose to vote for him. Way beyond gear grinding - it's despair-inducing.

• 2 weeks later...

WRGMG. Real Estate Property Managers. Why do they think that if you rent you're automatically a f'n moron. Painting over the top of rising damp and mould doesn't make it go away, and last time I checked skirting boards don't rot on there own.

Surely painting over the top of a known defect constitutes deceptive practice and could nullify a contract. A car dealership can't sell you a car with known defect, or has it come to the stage where you're going to need to have a independent assessor check your rental property. Ffs.

44 minutes ago, JackDoff said:

It’s not even that cold yet!  Saw some buzzard this afternoon picking up her kid from J Jnrs school rugged up like she’d just finished climbing Everest , FFS! 

Classic. I have memories of being in Chicago with a wind chill factor of -40 using one of those windshield scrapers to de-ice the car. When your hand slips and catches the wipers is what I imagine child birth to be like.

46 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

Was a maximum of 19 today but felt around 10!

Now feels like 6.6 but temp 13. Will get down to 6 overnight, but will probably feel much cooler than that (I’m only in Westmead) :lol:

You guys in the mountains :shok:

13 is our max for the week, during the day :D 

Currently 2, feels like -8.

2 hours ago, ZachMercer said:

Classic. I have memories of being in Chicago with a wind chill factor of -40 using one of those windshield scrapers to de-ice the car. When your hand slips and catches the wipers is what I imagine child birth to be like.

Digging the car out of snow is one thing I definitely don't miss about living in Yorkshire. And you always got some idiot who didn't clear the snow off the roof of their car and chunks would fly off and hit your car behind. Or they would clear a pathetic little hole to peer through on their windscreen.

New years eve 2000 when I was with the then girlfriend who is now the wife I got the car stuck in a snow drift and we had to walk 4 or 5 miles in a blizzard. The cold and snow was quite bearable compared to her ******* whinging. 

Edited by Erimus

Belong is a company Telstra created so they could keep Telstra as a very expensive 'high end' brand that most people use as a default, while Belong has a much lower pricing to compete with other companies like TPG etc.

I use them for my phone and internet. If you ever want to swap tell me so I can get a bonus credit :woah:

12 hours ago, mack said:

Belong is a company Telstra created so they could keep Telstra as a very expensive 'high end' brand that most people use as a default, while Belong has a much lower pricing to compete with other companies like TPG etc.

I use them for my phone and internet. If you ever want to swap tell me so I can get a bonus credit :woah:

that does make sense and will do, their ads are stupid though :P

9 minutes ago, Neverbloom said:

that does make sense and will do, their ads are stupid though :P

Belong was established specifically to target the prepaid consumer and youth demographic. The narrative around the ads is to reinforce the brand name, as Telstra recently refreshed the visual identity. The concept of how belong is a platform capable of bringing diverse individuals together is good, but the execution is frankly terrible. I find the one with the butcher and the vegan transgender individual difficult to watch, not because of the transgender positioning, but because it's a really sh*t show production.

39 minutes ago, JackDoff said:

All those salamis n meat hanging from the ceiling reminds me of our garage when I was a kid! 

As someone from Irish/English heritage I have to say I love chorizo,salami,pepperoni....etc. A "wog" kid from school used to swap his salami sangers with me for a vegemite one......lol........Salami was a lot better than the Aussie equivalent.........devon....lol

Edited by sonar
1 hour ago, ZachMercer said:

Belong was established specifically to target the prepaid consumer and youth demographic. The narrative around the ads is to reinforce the brand name, as Telstra recently refreshed the visual identity. The concept of how belong is a platform capable of bringing diverse individuals together is good, but the execution is frankly terrible. I find the one with the butcher and the vegan transgender individual difficult to watch, not because of the transgender positioning, but because it's a really sh*t show production.

i agree for me they are just very weird ads for the product, it makes zero sense :P i mean yes internet can bring diverse people together(usually makes them fight :P ) but that is any internet they are selling me on internet not on their product :P

3 hours ago, ZachMercer said:

I find the one with the butcher and the vegan transgender individual difficult to watch, not because of the transgender positioning, but because it's a really sh*t show production.

**** I hate that ad. The tone of the vegan's voice really ******* grinds my gears. It's one of those irrational things that just gives me the shits.

6 hours ago, ZachMercer said:

I've seen that ad...and another similar one - but it's one where the product is completely lost ( on me anyway). I had NO IDEA, until now, what it was an ad for. Not that most (of the few ads I'm ever exposed to) make much of an impression on me.

Reminds me of quite a striking ad from the past that I recall, featuring an adult elephant and a little baby elephant climbing up a rocky slope.

It was an arresting ad - I watched it closely whenever I encountered it, but I had no idea what product it was advertising.