What Really Grinds My Gears 5

41 minutes ago, mack said:

Start by joining a gun club because that's the only way someone in Sydney who doesn't work in an industry that requires guns can get one.

Ok...soo do I get my .44 straight away or start with something more sedate.....like a .357? 

:P 

It's very annoying that when I order a Guinness at a bar they always, without fail, say to me "just need to wait a couple of minutes for the beer to settle mate!" I ******* already know mate I wasn't born yesterday. 

It's the small things that always bother you most. 

You know it. I know it. They know it.

But Twatty McFarkface in the corner doesn't. And he'll be the one to kick up a stink coz his beer "doesn't taste right"

So, barman is better off explaining it. To everyone. Including the bloke wearing the "I went to the Guiness brewery and all I got was this lousy tshirt" tshirt. Everyone.

Just say "cheers, mate", nod, and move on.

17 hours ago, mack said:

I think you can get a shotgun. My old boss has one.

You can get a license for a 5 shot rifle or shotgun without joining a gun club, just go down to a gun store and they will show you the best way to apply for a gun license. Then you can buy a rifle/ shotgun but you must also buy a gun safe and it will be inspected at your home from authority's etc.

If you want a handgun license you need to work as a special type of security or police department to qualify.

2 hours ago, marron said:

Only one way to find out goat. 

lol i think rats chewed through the wall so i am a bit worried its a rat gloryhole

2 hours ago, hawks2767 said:

There's 2 types of gloryholes mate, those that you put your knob in and those who other people put their knobs in.

which one are you hoping it is ?

the first one but i aint putting my knob in that :P had it taped over so hopefully no knobs attack me

23 minutes ago, hawks2767 said:

Guy at work lives at Vaucluse and has about 5 cars.

Yesterday his next door neighbour asked him to stop parking the cars on his lawn because 'it looks like Blacktown'.

Just thought I'd share that story...

There's a group of 3 at work who are Young Liberals (two of them are actually signed up members, not sure about the third).

Anyway, the other day I heard one of them talking in such condescending terms about people from Mt Druitt 

"I just want to observe these people, and see how they live. They fascinate me."

Yeah? Then go there you ****wit.

8 hours ago, hawks2767 said:

Guy at work lives at Vaucluse and has about 5 cars.

Yesterday his next door neighbour asked him to stop parking the cars on his lawn because 'it looks like Blacktown'.

Just thought I'd share that story...

Yeah, the jokes on him!!! as if anyone from Blacktown could afford 5 cars!!!!    :rofl:

....hang on a minute!!!   :xmad:

9 hours ago, luisenrique said:

There's a group of 3 at work who are Young Liberals (two of them are actually signed up members, not sure about the third).

Anyway, the other day I heard one of them talking in such condescending terms about people from Mt Druitt 

"I just want to observe these people, and see how they live. They fascinate me."

Yeah? Then go there you ****wit.

People talk about Middlesbrough like that down in the sarf of England....

'Like yah, I like totally couldn't live north of Watford, I once had to go to a meeting in Sheffield and it was like the 3rd world' Couldn't care less, they have no idea. The best people in the UK, salt of the earth and go out of their way to welcome you types are from the north. You may also get your head smashed in also.........but yeah, as a rule salt of the earth types lol

57 minutes ago, JackDoff said:

Yeah, the jokes on him!!! as if anyone from Blacktown could afford 5 cars!!!!    :rofl:

....hang on a minute!!!   :xmad:

Yeah, people from Blacktown have 5 cars, at least 3 on the front lawn without tax and wheels, 1 black lowered suspension shyte heap with bore exhaust and a run around for the other half......

:P

Edited by WSWBoro
2 hours ago, WSWBoro said:

People talk about Middlesbrough like that down in the sarf of England....

'Like yah, I like totally couldn't live north of Watford, I once had to go to a meeting in Sheffield and it was like the 3rd world' Couldn't care less, they have no idea. The best people in the UK, salt of the earth and go out of their way to welcome you types are from the north. You may also get your head smashed in also.........but yeah, as a rule salt of the earth types lol

In general the place with the nicest (authentic nice) people tend to also have the meanest people. The most wonderful people I've met live in places where I definitely would not try to start any kind of trouble or draw attention to myself for fear of being bricked. 

In affluent posh places people are in general plastic and feign being nice or caring about you. I notice this a lot in Canberra. How many times I've gone into a rich ****s place and not been offered even a glass of water, but I'll visit a impoverished household overseas and they'll insist on feeding me a three course meal and insist I stay the night. 

Edited by Valter43
5 minutes ago, Valter43 said:

In general the place with the nicest (authentic nice) people tend to also have the meanest people. The most wonderful people I've met live in places where I definitely would not try to start any kind of trouble or draw attention to myself for fear of being bricked. 

In affluent posh places people are in general plastic and feign being nice or caring about you. I notice this a lot in Canberra. How many times I've gone into a rich ****s place and not been offered even a glass of water, but I'll visit a impoverished household overseas and they'll insist on feeding me a three course meal and insist I stay the night. 

That was my experience in Hungary in the 90's when I shacked up with a family in a small village close to Lake Balaton. They didn't have that much, still had a Soviet era trabant car and yet every night would ply you with food and drink until you could eat or drink no more. I think if I had asked him to drive me all the way to Athens he would have done so. I sometimes wonder what happened to them and should go back for a look around one day. One of the times in my life I wish I could click my fingers and be transported back to.

1 hour ago, marron said:

I went back to a family like that in Egypt. 

It was cool in some ways but depressing in others. They couldn't believe we were there, that we even remembered them. But the kids had grown up and one of them, who was this headstrong young woman going places, had been ground to dust. 

Yeah, maybe in someways not a good idea to go back.

In my mind I recall the young women were like Catherine Zeta Jones circa 1993, that long dark haired dusky almost gypsy looking type young women in nice regional type outfits, picture of innocence, some were stunning.....Go back now and it will be a load of women with fat arses in lycra, oversized sunnies and glued to their social media app on their phones.....

30 minutes ago, WSWBoro said:

Yeah, maybe in someways not a good idea to go back.

In my mind I recall the young women were like Catherine Zeta Jones circa 1993, that long dark haired dusky almost gypsy looking type young women in nice regional type outfits, picture of innocence, some were stunning.....Go back now and it will be a load of women with fat arses in lycra, oversized sunnies and glued to their social media app on their phones.....

Kinda like every shopping centre out this way....