Sign in to follow this  
mack

What Really Grinds My Gears 5

3 hours ago, theseeker said:

A whole $5 !

What you don't like spending the currency  notes after you've memorised the serial numbers ! ?

Don't expect a reply from mack - he doesn't have the thyme.

watching a documentary about a crime and one of the people have a history of car stealing

car stealing? its car theft or stealing cars........not car stealing :P

I'm feeling a bit under the weather tonight so decide to have nip of scotch (medicinal purposes only, as you would understand) instead of a glass or two of red.

So, I poured and consumed a nip glass of Glenfiddich. That went well so I thought a second would add to my recovery. Pulled (part of) the cork out of the bottle, tried to remove the rest, but it fell inside bottle! So then, of course, after pouring and consuming another nip I had to continue and finish the bottle!

Ah well, such is life.

OLE, OLE, OLE, OLEEEE ......

I'm not any better - but I feel better!

1 hour ago, Edinburgh said:

I'm feeling a bit under the weather tonight so decide to have nip of scotch (medicinal purposes only, as you would understand) instead of a glass or two of red.

So, I poured and consumed a nip glass of Glenfiddich. That went well so I thought a second would add to my recovery. Pulled (part of) the cork out of the bottle, tried to remove the rest, but it fell inside bottle! So then, of course, after pouring and consuming another nip I had to continue and finish the bottle!

Ah well, such is life.

alcohol is the best way to treat everything, having a heart attack have a shot of whiskey and it will clear it right up

I dunno how you do it.

I have a bottle of Glenfiddich here (the green one), tried to like it but just couldn't.

Maybe drinking it straight isn't the best idea ?

5 hours ago, hawks2767 said:

I dunno how you do it.

I have a bottle of Glenfiddich here (the green one), tried to like it but just couldn't.

Whisky is like Guinness, you have your first and think it disgusting and why would I ever drink that. But for some reason you go back and develop a taste for it.

I would never mix it, has to be neat and perhap with a bit of ice only. Start with anything from Speyside, single malt if you can, then when you have a taste for it just can join the big boys with a western Scotland Isles malt. I love Laprohaig from Islay and Talisker from Skye. They have a peaty and smokey taste, very different to Speyside malts and again they take some getting used to.

Edited by Smoggy

7 hours ago, Edinburgh said:

Ah well, such is life.

Hope you feel better today mate :)

7 hours ago, hawks2767 said:

I dunno how you do it.

Yeah, the green one, drink it neat, might add ice sometimes. Plus what Boro said.

I remember on my honeymoon at Mt Cook in NZ, I ordered a neat Glenfiddich. The barman said "You've made my day!" He was usually dismayed when the Yanks and others would add coke and ice to all the best scotch.

At least I've made one person happy in my life. Well maybe two, I'm still married.

That fuucking annoying stupid crap piece of shiit  Dance Monkey.

FFS :xmad:

23 minutes ago, JackDoff said:

That fuucking annoying stupid crap piece of shiit  Dance Monkey.

FFS :xmad:

:unknw:

Oh you guys, acting like she won't be a distant memory in less than a year.

I remember when that 'nothing sweet about me' girl burst onto the scene and cleaned up awards, she probably works at JB Hifi these days.

:unknw: i like it

Shes not a size 6 perfectly styled clone thats the usual fare. Good on her. Its also catchy as faaarrrk.

Meh, I've seen and heard worse MTB

21 hours ago, hawks2767 said:

Oh you guys, acting like she won't be a distant memory in less than a year.

I remember when that 'nothing sweet about me' girl burst onto the scene and cleaned up awards, she probably works at JB Hifi these days.

That’s because her second song was like completely 100% different to her first song and it was like wtf what genre are you 

It's only Tuesday and I'm already hating this week...

So...I had my work conference which was a 2 day event in Maroochydore, we have one every year where everyone that works for the company nationwide meet/greet and have conferences about new products or updated models (some our suppliers attend the event, some from Australia and some from overseas).

I was annoyed by the fact that I had to be up at 4:30am for our flight was which was departing at 7am in Sydney on a Sunday morning. (Bare in mind, even though I'm on a yearly salary wage at my work, I don't get paid for attending this event which is on a Sunday).

They did the awards night (I didn't get one which I really don't care about) but the food was applauding (even though it's a 4 star resort).
Entree was some terrible meat with egg that was pink...looked gross, I should of taken pics to show everyone
Main was an alternative between Barramundi or Lamb (I had Barramundi and it had no taste)
and dessert was a pear flavoured gelato or cheese platter (I got the cheese platter and majority was goat's cheese which I don't like).

Even though it was beer, wine and soft drink on the tab during the awards night, they stopped the bar tab at 10pm sharp...I was in a round of drinks with me and another guy...the beers were $8...

Day 2 (Monday) they handed out a sheet on which room to attend to throughout the day...my name was not on it. That pissed me off cause I was very close to just walking out, sitting by the pool and drink beer...but then I realise the beer was $8.  Eventually, one of the managers told me the rooms to attend to.

We left the hotel at 4pm to get to the airport at 5:30pm....just to get a flight which departed at 8pm, so sitting around the airport was kind of crap. But the other annoying thing was they announced they changed the gate we were boarding and had to walk from one side of the Brisbane airport to the other side.

We arrived at Sydney airport around 10:40pm but by the time I actually got home, it was 12:30am and slept around 1am

Remember the friend I mentioned that's getting married? Well...today I did the RSVP for it. I put my name down and my partner's name. He messaged me about 15 minutes ago saying the following:

"Hi Matt. Just got your RSVP. Sorry pal, I should have made it a bit clear, but we are kinda not really doing partners unless my GF and myself know them well. Really sorry, Matt. We would all like to meet her at some stage, but I'm just trying to keep the wedding numbers tame"

I replied:

"Alright...no worries. Thanks for the heads up"

He replied: 

"Sorry."

F*CK YOU...YOU'RE NOT.

First off, why the f*ck would their site where you need to RSVP clearly state "are you bringing a partner?" if specific people CAN NOT bring their partner? F*cking dumb.
Secondly, I am sick of this friend, the other friend and his wife continuously mentioning they would like to 'meet' my partner one day when clearly, they don't and this could of been an ideal opportunity.

I don't think I've been upset in a while.

49 minutes ago, MathyouWSW said:

So...I had my work conference which was a 2 day event in Maroochydore, we have one every year where everyone that works for the company nationwide meet/greet and have conferences about new products or updated models (some our suppliers attend the event, some from Australia and some from overseas).

I was annoyed by the fact that I had to be up at 4:30am for our flight was which was departing at 7am in Sydney on a Sunday morning. (Bare in mind, even though I'm on a yearly salary wage at my work, I don't get paid for attending this event which is on a Sunday).

They did the awards night (I didn't get one which I really don't care about) but the food was applauding (even though it's a 4 star resort).
Entree was some terrible meat with egg that was pink...looked gross, I should of taken pics to show everyone
Main was an alternative between Barramundi or Lamb (I had Barramundi and it had no taste)
and dessert was a pear flavoured gelato or cheese platter (I got the cheese platter and majority was goat's cheese which I don't like).

Even though it was beer, wine and soft drink on the tab during the awards night, they stopped the bar tab at 10pm sharp...I was in a round of drinks with me and another guy...the beers were $8...

Day 2 (Monday) they handed out a sheet on which room to attend to throughout the day...my name was not on it. That pissed me off cause I was very close to just walking out, sitting by the pool and drink beer...but then I realise the beer was $8.  Eventually, one of the managers told me the rooms to attend to.

We left the hotel at 4pm to get to the airport at 5:30pm....just to get a flight which departed at 8pm, so sitting around the airport was kind of crap. But the other annoying thing was they announced they changed the gate we were boarding and had to walk from one side of the Brisbane airport to the other side.

We arrived at Sydney airport around 10:40pm but by the time I actually got home, it was 12:30am and slept around 1am

Remember the friend I mentioned that's getting married? Well...today I did the RSVP for it. I put my name down and my partner's name. He messaged me about 15 minutes ago saying the following:

"Hi Matt. Just got your RSVP. Sorry pal, I should have made it a bit clear, but we are kinda not really doing partners unless my GF and myself know them well. Really sorry, Matt. We would all like to meet her at some stage, but I'm just trying to keep the wedding numbers tame"

I replied:

He replied: 

"Sorry."

F*CK YOU...YOU'RE NOT.

First off, why the f*ck would their site where you need to RSVP clearly state "are you bringing a partner?" if specific people CAN NOT bring their partner? F*cking dumb.
Secondly, I am sick of this friend, the other friend and his wife continuously mentioning they would like to 'meet' my partner one day when clearly, they don't and this could of been an ideal opportunity.

Dude , save yourself the headache , don’t go . You’re right, perfect op to meet the missus but not going to happen. Is this “mate” really worth all this hassle?

1 hour ago, JackDoff said:

Dude , save yourself the headache , don’t go . You’re right, perfect op to meet the missus but not going to happen. Is this “mate” really worth all this hassle?

I'm having 50/50 thoughts. 
If I don't go, I wouldn't hear the end of being the "bad friend" (even though I'm just on the verge of not seeing them anymore)
If I do go, keeps him happy even though I'll be in for a really miserable day/night.

The GF did offer to drive me there and back. Originally, I was going to stay at the hotel but I looked at the rooms and prices start at $179 for a cheap room but it's a shared bathroom which I really dislike. The upgrade from that was $299. It's not like I'm poor or anything but I don't see the point of me staying by myself for one night at that price. 

On 08/02/2020 at 10:55 PM, JackDoff said:

This...... 

:nono:

MTB

That's the first time I've seen the film clip.

If Toni (Tones And I's real name) performed in that old man's outfit for every live performance, I'd probably like the song. But honestly, I'm over it. I forgot how many weeks it was number 1 in the ARIA charts (I think 24 weeks?) and I thought LMFAO's "Party Rock Anthem" being number 1 for 10 weeks was beyond a joke...but this is worse.

7 hours ago, MathyouWSW said:

If I don't go, I wouldn't hear the end of being the "bad friend" (even though I'm just on the verge of not seeing them anymore)
If I do go, keeps him happy even though I'll be in for a really miserable day/night.

The GF did offer to drive me there and back. Originally, I was going to stay at the hotel but I looked at the rooms and prices start at $179 for a cheap room but it's a shared bathroom which I really dislike. The upgrade from that was $299. It's not like I'm poor or anything but I don't see the point of me staying by myself for one night at that price. 

Dude..... *sigh*

”the bad friend” ...sounds like crap from high school!  Lol  who cares what they think!!!

honestly, they don’t sound like the type of friends I’d want to have , ditch them. Spend those $ on you guys by staying at a hotel , have some dinner , some sexy time ;) ....

Your missus sounds pretty cool offering to drive you, treat yourselves to a night out!  :friends:

9 hours ago, MathyouWSW said:

I replied:

He replied: 

"Sorry."

F*CK YOU...YOU'RE NOT.

I worked for a software company in the UK and they would send me on an annual trip to a trade thing a me jig at Olympia in London, stayed overnight and went alone.

Rocked up for doors opening, signed in and collected my shitty lanyard thing and spent the next hour blitzing everything i thought i would need to take back. Pressed a few hands of the people who i thought might be useful to see me there and who might state that fact to others. Rest of the time would have been listening to crap conf presentations and trying to stay awake..

So by 10.30 in a cafe down the west end wondering which museum or attraction to visit followed by a pub for dinner and a few pints.

15 minutes ago, JackDoff said:

Dude..... *sigh*

”the bad friend” ...sounds like crap from high school!  Lol  who cares what they think!!!

honestly, they don’t sound like the type of friends I’d want to have , ditch them. Spend those $ on you guys by staying at a hotel , have some dinner , some sexy time ;) ....

Your missus sounds pretty cool offering to drive you, treat yourselves to a night out!  :friends:

Its like time travel and reading posts from Unlimited after he has got married.

Edited by Smoggy

Wrgmg - reading someone else's wrgmg that's sooooo long that I end up being late for a breakfast get together this morning!

PS - MathyouWSW, I told you to call him and ask!

2 hours ago, JackDoff said:

Dude..... *sigh*

Exactly. :good:

15 hours ago, MathyouWSW said:

Cut the cord, mate. As you get older you start to shed friends who go their own ways and start their own lives. If you're already having second thoughts about your relationship with these people, it'll most likely deteriorate further over time. Life is too short for **** friends.

One thing I have realised is that some people are only in your life for a set period of time, and others are there for life. Learning that people come and go is very cathartic. They sound like they're not worth the effort, tbh.

20 hours ago, MathyouWSW said:

I replied:

He replied: 

"Sorry."

Ahhh dude, bad luck! I guess it’s the last time you take my advice :lol:

Seriously though, you did know it was a possibility when you got the invite with only your name on it & RSVP’d in the knowledge that it might just be you. I guess the question is how far you want to take it?

Do you take the non-invite as the deal breaker? Or do you go to the wedding (hopefully a few people that you know) have a few drinks & a good feed? As Jack said, have your misses come & stay with you the night?

I know you’re proper pissed off at the moment & as a friendship you’re pretty much done but I wouldn’t burn the bridge by turning down the invite. You never know what might happen further down the road, maybe you just drift apart or maybe things might go the other way?

13 hours ago, Smoggy said:

I worked for a software company in the UK and they would send me on an annual trip to a trade thing a me jig at Olympia in London, stayed overnight and went alone.

Rocked up for doors opening, signed in and collected my shitty lanyard thing and spent the next hour blitzing everything i thought i would need to take back. Pressed a few hands of the people who i thought might be useful to see me there and who might state that fact to others. Rest of the time would have been listening to crap conf presentations and trying to stay awake..

So by 10.30 in a cafe down the west end wondering which museum or attraction to visit followed by a pub for dinner and a few pints.

This is how Sunday felt for me. 
The only good thing out of it was breakfast in the morning...I had so much bacon.
It definitely helped after having three of those Jack Daniels Double Jacks and Cola cans. 

11 hours ago, Edinburgh said:

Wrgmg - reading someone else's wrgmg that's sooooo long that I end up being late for a breakfast get together this morning!

PS - MathyouWSW, I told you to call him and ask!

Sorry... :sorry:

Originally, I was going to...but he is a doctor and it's hard to pinpoint an accurate time to call him...then again, I could of left a voicemail.

3 hours ago, Prydzopolis said:

Ahhh dude, bad luck! I guess it’s the last time you take my advice :lol:

Seriously though, you did know it was a possibility when you got the invite with only your name on it & RSVP’d in the knowledge that it might just be you. I guess the question is how far you want to take it?

Do you take the non-invite as the deal breaker? Or do you go to the wedding (hopefully a few people that you know) have a few drinks & a good feed? As Jack said, have your misses come & stay with you the night?

I know you’re proper pissed off at the moment & as a friendship you’re pretty much done but I wouldn’t burn the bridge by turning down the invite. You never know what might happen further down the road, maybe you just drift apart or maybe things might go the other way?

I agree with this and would go one step further.

How long has he been a mate? If it's been a long time, it's hardly worth losing him as a friend over a non-invite for one night. 

You don't know (or maybe you do) that they might be under a strict budget for the wedding and have to be frugal with who they invite.

I'd stay calm, try and look at it from his (and his brides) perspective, and just chill a bit.

It's understandable that you are upset that they have made no effort in meeting your partner (one side of the story) but just let it go for the moment, and see what happens next. Maybe even suggest a get together (at your joint) with you partner once they are married and settled after the wedding.

If that doesn't work, ******* dump the low lives.  :)

Edited by Wanderboy