Sign in to follow this  
mack

What Really Grinds My Gears 5

23 hours ago, EmMac said:

Hey unlimited have thought about taking your phone to a mobile repair place to see if they can retrieve your photos? Also you might want to sync your photos to a cloud service like Dropbox,  that way you won't lose them if your phone carcks it again

Yeah they quoted me $650! 

And actually syncing was the problem! Turns out “backup” is not the same as “sync” :nono:

Had a nightmare that Liverpool were about to win the EPL, Sydney were top of the A League by a mile, Boris Johnson is Prime Minister of the UK and some ex-advertising exec PM of Australia, people are panic buying toilet paper and running round shopping centres like a George A Romero film..

Woke up to find.. that Liverpool were about to....

Don't worry stringer.....

..... at least Coldplay have a new album out.

:cheeky:

3 minutes ago, marron said:

Don't worry stringer.....

..... at least Coldplay have a new album out.

:cheeky:

At least Sleaford Mods were ace

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Unlimited said:

And actually syncing was the problem! Turns out “backup” is not the same as “sync” :nono:

Ahh does this make you long for the days you had to buy kodak photo film in those little boxes. Then you had to open the back of the camera and insert the film, close it up and then click and move it forward a few times so you dont use the exposed bit. Then the only way to get your photos was to drop the film in for processing. The end result was hard copies you stashed in shoe boxes on the top of your wardrobe where they will stay or move with you...house fire apart.

Ed could probably reminisce in the same way about gun  powder flashes,  cloaks over his head and glass plates.

Edited by Smoggy

13 hours ago, Unlimited said:

Sometimes we learn the hard way.:P

I back up all my data to an external drive....but EmMac is right...... even storing data to a cloud service is better than losing everything.

If you want to upset people these days just do a tiny little sneeze on the train. The guy across from did that and the looks he got...poor fella. He had a tissue and did the right thing so leave alone and stop with the tutting....

14 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

If you want to upset people these days just do a tiny little sneeze on the train. The guy across from did that and the looks he got...poor fella. He had a tissue and did the right thing so leave alone and stop with the tutting....

......you could have so much fun on a packed train and a little bit fine powdered pepper :D .....as we did in my school days....:ninja:

2 minutes ago, sonar said:

......you could have so much fun on a packed train and a little bit fine powdered pepper :D .....as we did in my school days....:ninja:

You would like get a seat on a packed train very quickly as everyone else scatters.

1 hour ago, Smoggy said:

Ahh does this make you long for the days you had to buy kodak photo film in those little boxes. Then you had to open the back of the camera and insert the film, close it up and then click and move it forward a few times so you dont use the exposed bit. Then the only way to get your photos was to drop the film in for processing. The end result was hard copies you stashed in shoe boxes on the top of your wardrobe where they will stay or move with you...house fire apart.

Ed could probably reminisce in the same way about gun  powder flashes,  cloaks over his head and glass plates.

Yeah, last week isn't hard to remember. 

Cancelled our Dark Mofo cruise in June bcos the festival was canned due to corona v...:nono:

cancelling our Easter trip to Adelaide too. Don’t want to risk being quarantined in Adelaide for 14 days....fuuck that! 

20 minutes ago, JackDoff said:

cancelling our Easter trip to Adelaide too. Don’t want to risk being quarantined in Adelaide for 14 days....fuuck that! 

You'd probably welcome death by day 3.

2 hours ago, mack said:

You'd probably welcome death by day 3.

Unless the Wanderers are playing a match there, in which case death would be welcomed by ...........

My work forced me to take annual leave for next month due to the virus.
I'm kind of a bit shitty about it at the moment but I think I'll eventually get over it.

this could work in the music topic but its not so much about music but i been excited for the new joyner lucas album, very talented guy but his new album has known woman beater chris brown on it, he isnt even talented i dont get why(even though this was ages ago) so many people gave this odious pile of **** a pass, not that being talented is at all an excuse

lil dicky even created a song where he pretty much compliments chris brown and ******* ed sheeran decided it was a good idea to be involved in that song