mack

What Really Grinds My Gears 5

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, sonar said:

Mate, some lateral thinking required....small sandwhich sized plastic bag in pocket with forementined salt already in it....handfull of peanuts into said pocket.....a bit of a shake....presto......:P

Dont like playing with nuts in my trouser pockets...

Can you imagine if someone asked what you were doing..

"Just giving my nuts a shake'...

Edited by Smoggy

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Dont like playing with nuts in my trouser pockets...

Can you imagine if someone asked what you were doing..

"Just giving my nuts a shake'...

Most women think that when us men put hands into our own pockets we're playing pocket pool anyway ......:D

Edited by sonar

Just now, WSWJACK said:

I dunno it's like a carry on script here sometimes, innuendo, innuendo, innuendo.......

Try the pun thread..the innuendo in there is top notch

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, WSWJACK said:

I dunno it's like a carry on script here sometimes, innuendo, innuendo, innuendo.......

Innuendo = Italian supository.

Edited by sonar

aaaaaarrrrrghh

the outlaws got me a ******* google home for my birthday.

I don't want this thing anywhere NEAR my ******* house but I'm going to have to because the minute they arrive for their next visit they'll expect to see it all set up intruding on my life.

how do I get out of this one?

13 minutes ago, marron said:

aaaaaarrrrrghh

I don't want this thing anywhere NEAR my ******* house but I'm going to have to because the minute they arrive for their next visit they'll expect to see it all set up intruding on my life.

Errr. the cat/dog/youngest child knocked it off the bench, and smashed it??

Alternatively, is your wife on board - and could she help you explain the hazards to the in-laws? :unsure:

31 minutes ago, marron said:

aaaaaarrrrrghh

Lol nice thought though.

My in laws live in the same city ( around a 35 min drive away) last time at their house xmas day 2011, last time seen in any way 2016. To say they are cold and indifferent (to both of us actually) is an understatement. No birthday cards or presents, dont even see them xmas day.

Sorry to hear mate.

(or not.... :lol: )

I'd like to agree it's a nice thought but I still think it's an idiotic thought :lol:

Wendy yes i will defer to sort it out, I'm sure there'll be a solution that doesn't piss anyone off too much.

Why couldn't they have just got me a pen that writes upside down??

1 hour ago, marron said:

Sorry to hear mate.

(or not.... :lol: )

I'd like to agree it's a nice thought but I still think it's an idiotic thought :lol:

Wendy yes i will defer to sort it out, I'm sure there'll be a solution that doesn't piss anyone off too much.

A Jack Klompus pen!  

3 hours ago, marron said:

Such a great bit.

What a bastard of a day today has turned out to be!

My brother is a heart transplant recipient. The cumulative side effects and damage to other body organs have become extreme. He has been on nightly dialysis for the past 2 and a bit years - which in his case is about as long as it is effective.

Today he has decided he can no longer cope with the situation and will stop using the dialysis. So, his body will start to shut down and he will slip into a coma and then ...

*^#%*#^

35 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

My brother is a heart transplant recipient. The cumulative side effects and damage to other body organs have become extreme. He has been on nightly dialysis for the past 2 and a bit years - which in his case is about as long as it is effective.

Today he has decided he can no longer cope with the situation and will stop using the dialysis. So, his body will start to shut down and he will slip into a coma and then ...

*^#%*#^

Sorry to hear that Ed, must be very hard time for your family.

:grouphug:

World is such a hard place these days :(

Incredibly sad to hear Ed, I can imagine that life would have been difficult enough but now with c19 being around it would have life incredibly difficult for him & all those around him.

Thinking of you Ed, shout out if you ever need anything :grouphug: 

58 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

*^#%*#^

Sorry to hear Pops  :(

23 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Sorry to hear that Ed, must be very hard time for your family.

World is such a hard place these days :(

23 hours ago, Prydzopolis said:

Incredibly sad to hear Ed, I can imagine that life would have been difficult enough but now with c19 being around it would have life incredibly difficult for him & all those around him.

Thinking of you Ed, shout out if you ever need anything :grouphug: 

23 hours ago, JackDoff said:

Sorry to hear Pops  :(

22 hours ago, Burgerman said:

Hard situation sorry to hear 

22 hours ago, marron said:

Sorry to hear mate. :grouphug:

20 hours ago, wendybr said:

Oh...I just found this. 

I'm very sorry to hear what your family is going through, Ed.

:grouphug::grouphug:

Thanks for all the kind thoughts. I knew I would receive support and gain strength from forumites.

I visited him today, with Mrs Ed, my sister and her husband (they drove from Gulgong). We three siblings don't all get together often.

A couple of strong emotional moments, particularly when we left, but overall a very positive gathering "solving the world's problems" except for pandemics.

You wouldn't know from looking at him sitting on the lounge today that there is a problem. But if he'd tried to move anywhere else he couldn't have. He had visibly tired by the time we left. As decided yesterday, he has stopped the dialysis, plus most of the multiple medications. The ineffective "cure" has got to the stage where it compounds the "disease" rather than easing it. The rate of deterioration isn't known so we don't know what condition he will be in when or if we see him again before the end.

Sorry to burden you all with this. While I'm coping better than I first felt I would, for now writing this is helping.

42 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

Sorry to burden you all with this. While I'm coping better than I first felt I would, for now writing this is helping.

We are here for you brother, in any way we can :grouphug:

Yep, terribly sorry to hear about this Ed. You and your fam are in my thoughts and prayers..

Reach out whenever you can. There's a shite load of people here who actually care and can help, in however any small way.

45 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

Thanks for all the kind thoughts. I knew I would receive support and gain strength from forumites.

Ed, we went through this when we knew our mum was dying and there was eff all you could do about it. Life seems cruel and unfair at times Be supportive and most of all remember all the good and positive things he did.

25 minutes ago, sonar said:

Ed, we went through this when we knew our mum was dying and there was eff all you could do about it. Life seems cruel and unfair at times Be supportive and most of all remember all the good and positive things he did.

Same with my Mum in 2016. 

Your brother has a wife and kids  Ed?

If so, how are they managing?

8 hours ago, wendybr said:

Your brother has a wife and kids  Ed?

If so, how are they managing?

Yes, wife and two adult children with their own families.

Wife (D) is looking after him (R) with help from the children. I've offered to be there anytime, after all I'm 'freelance' these days. D no doubt has her moments, but she seems to be coping well but that'll get harder as R regresses. They've been together since they met in 1971 as teenagers.

I don't know how the children are managing.

Thanks Ed. No doubt it won't be easy, but it sounds as though there will be plenty of support for your brother in times to come.

Ed, you dont have to talk about this if no good but interested. Was your brother born in Scotland and come over to Australia on the boat with you? Or is he a younger brother that was born in Australia?

I remember when i was told my grandad had not long and we would get together and go over the old stories around the table. Some that made us laugh out loud and some that made us go more silent.

Helps some to talk about these things, but not all i apprechiate.

Thinking of you and your family

21 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Ed, you dont have to talk about this if no good but interested. Was your brother born in Scotland and come over to Australia on the boat with you? Or is he a younger brother that was born in Australia?

I remember when i was told my grandad had not long and we would get together and go over the old stories around the table. Some that made us laugh out loud and some that made us go more silent.

Helps some to talk about these things, but not all i apprechiate.

Thinking of you and your family

This ^^^

Mum and Dad went on a holiday to UK to visit my sis who was working there plus to do some sightseeing. On arrival back in Aus Mum was vomiting etc so customs just waved them through without any checks without realising my mum had wild heather from Scotland stashed in her luggage. My mum...a heather smuggler.......lol

:D