What Really Grinds My Gears 5

14 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Welcome to the phenomenon of getting older, looking back and realising that something else has gone to shi.it! :db:

to be fair i can still watch their old videos and enjoy them as much as i used to when i was younger...........but their new stuff is just garbage :P

though i do remember when i was 13 listening to this singer who i thought was the funniest thing ever, he was a comic genius..........then when i was 20 i listened to him again.........holy **** he is unfunny :P i just had horrible taste as a 13 year old :P

1 hour ago, HollowedHeart said:

to be fair i can still watch their old videos and enjoy them as much as i used to when i was younger...........but their new stuff is just garbage :P

though i do remember when i was 13 listening to this singer who i thought was the funniest thing ever, he was a comic genius..........then when i was 20 i listened to him again.........holy **** he is unfunny :P i just had horrible taste as a 13 year old :P

Well....that's just called growing up!  :xnod:

On 27/04/2020 at 8:21 AM, StringerBellend said:

The actor Sam Neil

what a total and complete nobhead

how he struggles to find the time to ride around his winery on a tractor or the constant talk of what a private and humble man he’s, yes we know Sam you keep telling us on national TV

tit

Haha yeah i seen it, i sort of like him he's a bit different and actually a decent down to earth person and has helped alot of aussie make it in Hollywood. You can find extras rolls for aussie shows/movies via his agency, I've had a few friends do some extras work who met him on set and is happy to chat to everyone. 

WRGMG is kardashitan types posting super luxurious food and stuff with the country is in turmoil. 

13 minutes ago, HollowedHeart said:

another first world problem........but my wi fi is **** and usually doesnt work.......i just wish it would work :P

Have you tried turning it off and on? :D

Seriously, crappy connection is a first world problem, but its still a crappy one to have. Especially now. My router used to crash regularly and randomly and it took forever to get it fixed (replaced). All the 'troubleshooting' was like "yes, done this already - several times - but I'll humour you and do it again". 

14 minutes ago, SomeGuy1977 said:

Have you tried turning it off and on? :D

Seriously, crappy connection is a first world problem, but its still a crappy one to have. Especially now. My router used to crash regularly and randomly and it took forever to get it fixed (replaced). All the 'troubleshooting' was like "yes, done this already - several times - but I'll humour you and do it again". 

lol my issue is if i am playing a game where i dont need sound i usually listen to youtube videos, music or videos with a lot of talking and not much else so its easy to go through data fast which is fine if i have wi fi........i am able to pick up next doors wi fi connection but not my own :P i dont use their wifi because that would be weird but i got their connection :P

i mean this is the company of the modem i have and their list of controversies

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Huawei

so they kinda suck in general :P

17 minutes ago, HollowedHeart said:

........i am able to pick up next doors wi fi connection but not my own :P i dont use their wifi because that would be weird but i got their connection

I guess it all depends on what the neighbour is like. My next door neighbour lets me use her wi-fi...she's 70+ been there for decades,a good person , and rarely uses much data so tells me to go for it. She also makes the best cakes and pumpkin soup....lol

22 minutes ago, sonar said:

I guess it all depends on what the neighbour is like. My next door neighbour lets me use her wi-fi...she's 70+ been there for decades,a good person , and rarely uses much data so tells me to go for it. She also makes the best cakes and pumpkin soup....lol

can we trade neighbours? :P honestly i dont really know my ones, they like to scream at each other from time to time(though not as much recently) and they like to farm.....dont know anything else about them :P

On 30/04/2020 at 9:55 PM, wendybr said:

WRGMG

Creating exams, and heavy duty assessment tasks.

I probably hate composing them more than kids hate doing them.  :(

Just thought I'd get that off my chest as I try to wrap up a task for my poor Yr 11 kids for tomorrow. :lol:

Outsource it to China, that’s what the students will be doing with the answers

^^^I read them the riot act, but said I trusted them to do it ethically and honestly on line, and that seems to have worked. Don't think any of them outsourced it! :lol:

The task worked well, thank God (took me til 1.30 am the night before they had to do it for me to be happy with it).

It is nerve-wracking composing tests and assessment tasks worth 30% of their whole Preliminary HSC marks!

Writing Reports and composing such tasks are my least favourite parts of teaching.

1 hour ago, marron said:

Writing reports becomes easier when you remember that nobody reads them ;)

Designing tasks for the prelim is easier when you remember it doesn't count for anything :P

(Good on you Wendy :) )

Haha...yes those are good points to bear in mind.

My kids parents, in China, certainly can't read them! :lol:

And you're right about the Prelim HSC...but the conscientious kids get so anxious about Assess Tasks and tests, your heart goes out to them.

My work really do make some dumb decisions.

We provide stationary stuff to the education department (schools, universities, colleges etc.) and we usually have some term specials. This term was for lamination supplies. So, lamination rolls are on special and they are a common item ordered.

So, they told us to send the brochures to the schools via e-mail to advise them about the special...however, our stupid purchasing officer forgot to order a batch of lamination rolls and now schools that have processed an order for the rolls are calling asking where's the lamination rolls that they urgently requested? We were advised from the purchasing officer they won't be in stock until late June/early July...thus meaning that schools/colleges/universities are cancelling their order and looking to order them elsewhere or from our competitors.

I "love" my job...especially when I have my manager questioning me why my sales are low.