What Really Grinds My Gears 5

WRGMG

Do you think I can find any sort of red and black fabric to make myself some WSW masks for tomorrow night? Nope, nothing. 

The only thing I've managed to find is some ugly flower type pattern. I thought for sure there would have been red and black stripped fabric or red and black polka dots but the closet I could find was black and orange polka dots :angry:

Looks like I might have to go all black or do a half/half with some separate black and red fabric, but it won't look as good as what I imagined. 

Balks has a contact that will print custom face masks like the WSW ones below which would be sick, but they're going to take around 2 weeks to made and shipped expressed by which point the season is almost over :sorry:

8 minutes ago, CaptainJess said:

WRGMG

Do you think I can find any sort of red and black fabric to make myself some WSW masks for tomorrow night? Nope, nothing. 

The only thing I've managed to find is some ugly flower type pattern. I thought for sure there would have been red and black stripped fabric or red and black polka dots but the closet I could find was black and orange polka dots :angry:

Looks like I might have to go all black or do a half/half with some separate black and red fabric, but it won't look as good as what I imagined. 

Balks has a contact that will print custom face masks like the WSW ones below which would be sick, but they're going to take around 2 weeks to made and shipped expressed by which point the season is almost over :sorry:

All I can say to Balks is, remember the scarves dude....

Just now, JackDoff said:

All I can say to Balks is, remember the scarves dude....

There was a minimum order of 50 and he was looking at buying them and flogging them for $5 each which would cover the manufacturing and shipping.

I laughed and said I reckon a few forum members would be keen for a mask to match their scarf :cheeky:

7 minutes ago, CaptainJess said:

There was a minimum order of 50 and he was looking at buying them and flogging them for $5 each which would cover the manufacturing and shipping.

I laughed and said I reckon a few forum members would be keen for a mask to match their scarf :cheeky:

I’d buy some !   send a couple to my rels overseas since it’s mandatory for them to wear mask n gloves whenever they leave the house , and spreading the WSW name overseas!  :D

.....”spreading” probs not the right word to use atm :ninja:

anywho , put me down for 6!  

1 hour ago, CaptainJess said:

WRGMG

Jess, a suggestion, If you are a member and received members scarfs then at either end is a club logo on black background at one end, and red and at the other. If you don't mind sacrificing a scarf cut it up use it with a mask pattern, sew it up.....and hey presto......mask with wanderers logos.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/WEST-SYDNEY-WANDERERS-Members-2017-2018-Scarf-Im-A-Wanderer-/323919737488

Edited by sonar
11 minutes ago, sonar said:

Jess, a suggestion, If you are a member and received members scarfs then at either end is a club logo on black background at one end, and red and at the other. If you don't mind sacrificing a scarf cut it up use it with a mask pattern, sew it up.....and hey presto......mask with wanderers logos.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/WEST-SYDNEY-WANDERERS-Members-2017-2018-Scarf-Im-A-Wanderer-/323919737488

Haha that's not a terrible idea.

I'm not sure if it would work with my pattern, but I could give it go. I don't use those members scarfs anyway, so if I can dig it out I might try it :D

1 hour ago, JackDoff said:

I’d buy some !   send a couple to my rels overseas since it’s mandatory for them to wear mask n gloves whenever they leave the house , and spreading the WSW name overseas!  :D

.....”spreading” probs not the right word to use atm :ninja:

anywho , put me down for 6!  

I'll let him know :) He did say people might want them for after football season but I wasn't sure. At least not here in NSW. 

3 hours ago, Smoggy said:

My son telling me at 7:30 at night that he has big homework due tomorrow that he hasn't even started and he wants help :fool:

Throw some shyte together...its ok as I know the teacher and she is a Wendy style soft touch so all should be ok. 

Hope you're right!

Good luck! :D

9 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Wendy..in your career have you ever given a detention?...And if so did you bake them a cake and go out and feed the birds? 

Yes...no and no!

:lol::lol:

PS I've actually arranged permanent detentions involving threats of visa cancellation.  :spiteful:

But they were always more than deserved. :meep:

WRGMG...new customers just don't understand when you tell them that's our policy.

I've probably mention it before on here but I work for a company that sell consumables to other business in wide format printers, lamination, binding and much more and I take care of the sales call centre section sometimes.

A female called and enquired if we had some specific inks for her HP wide format printer. We did have the inks available for her and said would she be able to collect them from our VIC warehouse, that was fine with us. 

I asked her if she was an existing customer, she said no. I asked her since she wasn't an existing customer, we would require some specific information from her. Such as:

- Business Name
- Business Location
- Your name (Customer Name)
- Customer Contact Number
- E-mail address

She replied with...well, I'm not giving you my address, this is just a one off order" 

So, I said "no worries, what's your contact number then?" she replied with "I'm not giving you those details as well, as I said before...this is just a one off order so why would you require these details"

I replied with "It's the companies policy. I'm just following them. Infact, we would require a contact number in case there's some emergency at our warehouse, we can advise you and let you know if you were available to collect your order" she responded "That sounds dumb, I'm not giving you my cont-"

I hanged up...I wasn't dealing with it anymore.

I don't mind getting new business for the company but that's the type of customer the company doesn't need. 

On 06/08/2020 at 6:11 PM, wendybr said:

Yes...no and no!

:lol::lol:

PS I've actually arranged permanent detentions involving threats of visa cancellation.  :spiteful:

But they were always more than deserved. :meep:

wendy on her typical power trip :P

Telsta had to post a video about how 5g does not spread COVID-19, it annoys me how they actually needed to do that :P

52 minutes ago, marron said:

That weird new australian accent where they pronounce the "r" at the end of words like an american except not all of them.

99% of the people using it are some level of hipster, too.

Thankfully I have never lost my accent, not changed a bit. Which I am happy about as quite proud of it lol Except my son has started taking the piss out of me with some words :rolleyes: The only thing that annoys me here, (well doesn't annoy me as couldn't give that much of a **** really) is the way you guys pronounce yogurt and vitamin lol YOOOOOgurt ffs lol 

Interesting listen, smog monster also gets a mention lol

4 minutes ago, marron said:

Oh man, when I was a teenager at one point my mum changed the way she said yoghurt, to yogget, and pasta to the "short a" instead of long. From out of nowhere. WTF. I still don't know what that was about and she still does it.

Yogurt is pronouced with more of a 'Yoh' at the start than a 'YO'...the wife (a Sydneyside by birth) slips a 'r' is pasta for some reason 'Parsta' ffs

Edited by Smoggy

Yeah, we say Yoe-get, you say yog-et, right? Like, we say the letter "o" after the Y. Yo.

as for pasta, nah it's not an r. it's just a long a - more like pahsta, right? like the sound we would make if we said par, but the r is actually not there. (actually, that's what those weirdo hipsters are doing, is pronouncing the "r" in a lot of words. Particularly "your". "Here is youRe skinny decaf" go **** youRRRRReself. )

to be fair to both, the actual italian is probably somewhere in between the aussie one and the british one. it's shorter than the way we say it, but, the vowel sound is closer to the vowel sound we use, we just drag it out though.

8 minutes ago, marron said:

Yeah, we say Yoe-get, you say yog-et, right? Like, we say the letter "o" after the Y. Yo.

as for pasta, nah it's not an r. it's just a long a - more like pahsta, right? like the sound we would make if we said par, but the r is actually not there. (actually, that's what those weirdo hipsters are doing, is pronouncing the "r" in a lot of words. Particularly "your". "Here is youRe skinny decaf" go **** youRRRRReself. )

to be fair to both, the actual italian is probably somewhere in between the aussie one and the british one. it's shorter than the way we say it, but, the vowel sound is closer to the vowel sound we use, we just drag it out though.

Aye 'Yog-et is a better way to describe it. If you're in coles and you hear a fella next to you shout to the wife 'Owwwww lass, we need yog-urt right?' and she says back 'There's no need to shout'! Say hi as it could be me lol

Edited by Smoggy
1 hour ago, marron said:

Pasta is pronounced Parsta , since it’s Italian and that’s how you say it!  :meep:

Had an argument once with a douchebag Smurf supporter , that told me Broccoli (Broccolee)  was pronounced Broccoleye cos he’d worked in fruit n veg for over 30 years blah blah blah and that’s how you say it...

I replied with “ well, my parents must have come  here from Eyetaly then not Italy..
Broccoli is also an Italian name :meep:

:P

1 hour ago, JackDoff said:

Pasta is pronounced Parsta , since it’s Italian and that’s how you say it!  :meep:

Had an argument once with a douchebag Smurf supporter , that told me Broccoli (Broccolee)  was pronounced Broccoleye cos he’d worked in fruit n veg for over 30 years blah blah blah and that’s how you say it...

I replied with “ well, my parents must have come  here from Eyetaly then not Italy..
Broccoli is also an Italian name :meep:

:P

My old grandad wouldn't touch parsta. Foreign muck he would call it..far too adventurous for him :lol: Chinese takeaway around the corner and he would get omelette and chips :lol: That generation I guess.

Edited by Smoggy