What Really Grinds My Gears 5

2 hours ago, marron said:

I remember hearing the no doubt version and thinking, this sounds super familiar, and not just that, it just sounds amazingly 80s. hearing the original (again) was like, oh yeah, wow. It sounds like that for a reason haha. Great song, either way (I prefer talk talk, but there's not that much difference in truth).

my guess the guy from talk talk doesnt look as good as Gwen though :P lol i agree i dunno gwen just has more powerful vocals which work imo

37 minutes ago, wendybr said:

As Australia is part of the International community you could post it there.....( just sayin' )....:ninja:

:D

Edited by sonar

WRGMG...Working from home, I'm not really coping with it at all.

On Monday, my work ask me to take the work phone to my home, plus one of these 'dongle' things to setup the work phone to my home modem and connect it to the laptop. What's annoying is my room is all the way down to the hallway so here's this 10 metre cable down the hallway and into the home modem so all day while working, I'm worried my parents are going to trip over it.

I really need a new job...but with the current situation we're in, it's quite difficult to find a new job...damn you, covid. :nono:

16 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Got stuck in a ******* lift with the wife  :rolleyes:

Had two bottles of wine with us mind so 1 each. Was thankfully only 10mins though. ‘If you fart I am going to whack you’ was the wife’s main contribution to the situation. ******* mind reader.

That reminds me of a couple of years ago when I took the missus and kids to the Sydney Tower buffet for lunch. Great feed on a beautiful day. Much fun and an amazingly enjoyable meal was had.

On the way down in the lift with just the 4 of us, I asked my daughter to pull my finger and I ripped off the biggest fart imaginable. It was full of all of my lunch - crocodile sausages, prawns, curries, various cheeses, desserts, beer, etc... It was a proud moment. The kids eyes were watering.

The crowning glory was that when we alighted at the bottom from the gas chamber, there were other guests that walked straight in after us to go up for lunch. I'm sure they would have either baulked at eating much, or just got back into the next lift going down and headed home. 

3 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

That reminds me of a couple of years ago when I took the missus and kids to the Sydney Tower buffet for lunch. Great feed on a beautiful day. Much fun and an amazingly enjoyable meal was had.

On the way down in the lift with just the 4 of us, I asked my daughter to pull my finger and I ripped off the biggest fart imaginable. It was full of all of my lunch - crocodile sausages, prawns, curries, various cheeses, desserts, beer, etc... It was a proud moment. The kids eyes were watering.

The crowning glory was that when we alighted at the bottom from the gas chamber, there were other guests that walked straight in after us to go up for lunch. I'm sure they would have either baulked at eating much, or just got back into the next lift going down and headed home. 

I think the most disgusting part of that story is the crocodile sausages :bad:

• 2 weeks later...

My old man has had a bad fall in the last few days :( Made a hell of a mess of his face. Hit his face as he went down and the bridge of his glasses took the first hit..glasses cut his face and the combination of the broken glasses parts and concrete made a hell of a mess of his face. 

A big tall man like me but the chemo has hit him hard over the last year..has lost a lot of strength. He couldn't get back up, my mum was with him but of course she wasn't strong enough to get him back up so she had to go and knock on someone's door for help and between them they got him up....

His pride is hurt more than pain I think. Making fun of it of course he said 'you should have seen the other guy' lol But I know he is embarrassed. He has a stick to use when he goes out walking..not a  oldies stick but one of those ones a hiker uses..you get them from those outdoors shops. He won't use it though :rolleyes:

Only ever seen him as a big tall strong bloke all my life. To see him with his face like that is hard and a reminder that we all get bloody old eh :(

As soon as this covid shyte is sorted I will be heading over.

Edited by Smoggy
24 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

My old man has had a bad fall in the last few days :( Made a hell of a mess of his face. Hit his face as he went down and the bridge of his glasses took the first hit..glasses cut his face and the combination of the broken glasses parts and concrete made a hell of a mess of his face. 

A big tall man like me but the chemo has hit him hard over the last year..has lost a lot of strength. He couldn't get back up, my mum was with him but of course she wasn't strong enough to get him back up so she had to go and knock on someone's door for help and between them they got him up....

His pride is hurt more than pain I think. Making fun of it of course he said 'you should have seen the other guy' lol But I know he is embarrassed. He has a stick to use when he goes out walking..not a  oldies stick but one of those ones a hiker uses..you get them from those outdoors shops. He won't use it though :rolleyes:

Only ever seen him as a big tall strong bloke all my life. To see him with his face like that is hard and a reminder that we all get bloody old eh :(

As soon as this covid shyte is sorted I will be heading over.

Sorry to hear that your dad (and your Mum) has had this happen, Smoggy. It is VERY distressing to see your parents age,  and ultimately (not yet for you) need their childrens' care.

Hope your Dad's face and his pride heal quickly!

WRGMG...My PlayStation 4 decided to sh*t itself.

So, I went onto Sony's live chat support and advised them what was happening and they advised me that it seemed like it was the network card inside the PS4 has s*it itself and it's a hardware issue and I needed to call their 1300 hotline number and advised them a reference number that I was given by the person in the live chat support.

What actually really grinds my gears is the fact I was on hold with them for 1 hour and 48 minutes until they answered my call even though their automated message machine advised that the waiting time would approximately be 30 minutes.

When I eventually got in touch with their customer support representative, they advised me I contacted the wrong 1300 hotline number and was supposed to contact some other 1300 number for hardware. Anyway, the customer representative advised me they would transferred me to them right now. After he transferred me...the call got disconnected so I got pissed off cause that means I would probably have to wait another hour and 30 minutes until I got in touch with them again, bare in mind this was at 3:30pm.

So I decided after all the stuffing around, I decided to just buy a new PS4 instead and a friend of mine said he would buy the old one I have and see if he can repair it (since he is into that repairing computers/laptops/consoles etc.). Being a generous friend, I said he can have it for free since I think it ain't going to work at all.

On 13/09/2020 at 6:21 PM, Smoggy said:

My old man has had a bad fall in the last few days :(

Cancer really is a real **** of a disease. Hope he is fairing better!

26 minutes ago, MathyouWSW said:

So I decided after all the stuffing around, I decided to just buy a new PS4 instead and a friend of mine said he would buy the old one

My experience has been that they offer you a refurbished model for a discounted price. I feel my PS4 is on its last legs too but just hope that it will last long enough till a ps5 comes out. I guess it helps I barely use it these days maybe an hour or so a week.

At least I know what I’m in for when my PS4 shits the bed :lol:

1 minute ago, Prydzopolis said:

My experience has been that they offer you a refurbished model for a discounted price. I feel my PS4 is on its last legs too but just hope that it will last long enough till a ps5 comes out. I guess it helps I barely use it these days maybe an hour or so a week.

At least I know what I’m in for when my PS4 shits the bed :lol:

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised.
I ended up with the PS4 PRO which has the 1TB hard drive compared to the old one which is 500gb so I'm happy with that. 
But yeah, if your PS4 sh*t's itself, best to just get to a replacement or you have to deal with the stuffing around with Sony. 

WRGMG. Those vanish ad's on TV with those social, parenting and fashion influencers. Not only does vanish not work on stains, but I've not heard of any of these people. The dude with the spotless all white apartment is apparently a parenting influencer, and the fashion influencer is one of those shaby chic twats that likes wearing blouses that resemble tents. Who are they appealing to...

23 minutes ago, ZachMercer said:

WRGMG. Those vanish ad's on TV with those social, parenting and fashion influencers. Not only does vanish not work on stains, but I've not heard of any of these people. The dude with the spotless all white apartment is apparently a parenting influencer, and the fashion influencer is one of those shaby chic twats that likes wearing blouses that resemble tents. Who are they appealing to...

Do these influencers make a bit of coin out of this? if so i might become a beer influencer right now, last night i watched something on the telly whilst drinking beer, it's very good you should try it....any beer:xnod:

WGMG..as of today I am officially the parent of a teenager :rolleyes:

Except he has been behaving like a stroppy teenager for the last few years :rolleyes:

Plus i don't feel old enough to be the parent if a ******* teenager....

Anyhoo.. off to buy a cake and work out which pizzas he wants...if that's not too lame and embarrassing for him :rolleyes:  

Edited by Smoggy
On 08/08/2020 at 5:19 PM, Smoggy said:

My old grandad wouldn't touch parsta. Foreign muck he would call it..far too adventurous for him :lol: Chinese takeaway around the corner and he would get omelette and chips :lol: That generation I guess.

My nan wouldn’t eat rice too “fancy” 

2 hours ago, Smoggy said:

WGMG..as of today I am officially the parent of a teenager :rolleyes:

Except he has been behaving like a stroppy teenager for the last few years :rolleyes:

Plus i don't feel old enough to be the parent if a ******* teenager....

Anyhoo.. off to buy a cake and work out which pizzas he wants...if that's not too lame and embarrassing for him :rolleyes:  

He"s the 4th person I know to share my birthday!

All the best people.....

Happy birthday to him!!  👍👍