What Really Grinds My Gears 5

21 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

WGMG...putting soy sauce in the pasta sauce rather than Worcester sauce...in auto pilot, sauces next to each other...just reached out and dashed some in........The wife was how the **** did you do that when one is a plastic bottle and one is a glass bottle...I dunno :unknw: 

A new fusion food invention anyway...Italy meets China....

Tasted 

Soy in pasta sauce.....:shok:  Worcester sauce  :unknw:

supermarket last weekend...

Went to a shop for the wife first where she bought a black ' undergarment' type thing..anyhoo she didn't get a bag in that shop and just put it in the usual bag..on top of other empty reuseable bags we use for food shopping...

So I get to the checkout..not self service..put the food on the belt and as always the bag at the front for the person serving us...except it wasn't the bag...as I found out when the women picked it up and opened it up....it was the wife's thing which was black and shiny just like the bag....

Anyway the wife snatches it and tells me I'm an idiot...and something about me being embarrassing...but she was doing that thing where talking in an angry way but in a barely audible way...

Meh  :unknw:

You guys are amazing, every single one of you...thank you :good: 

I think what pissed me off the most was prior to today's meeting with my manager and him announcing to me that I was being redundant, he advised me two weeks ago to send an e-mail to him with a "strategic plan" on how I'll sell from now until the end of December 2021 and he'll provide it to "higher management" (which is basically the sales director). So, I did that. Plus, I added how I do other roles within the company which was very time consuming and how it affects me when I'm supposed to be doing one job which was an internal sales representative and if I were to be redundant, I could be a significant loss towards the company as not only were they making one role redundant, they are actually making multiple roles redundant.

Despite the fact that it took 2 hours to write about it all in an e-mail that was originally three pages long on a word document,  it really felt it was a complete waste of time and they made their decision prior to receiving my e-mail.

To be honest, I kind of felt like I knew my time was up with the company on the first meeting cause I never got along with my manager and also the sales director as we had a heated argument about 3 years ago on my sales figures. Personally, I wanted to leave the company roughly 12 months ago because of this but due to the fact that me and my partner brought a house and land package back in 2017, I needed to be in a job financially. 

What upset me the most was when I told my parents that I could be getting redundant, they said they could help me financially until I got a new job. I love my parents but the fact that they are both retired don't get any income would made me feel like sh*t if I "borrowed" money from them.

2 hours ago, Ossified said:

That's no good, what are your prospects of getting another job soon.

I spoke to my partner and she suggest that it's best I just take a month off, relax and try and get rid of the emotional stress I've dealt with the past few weeks and then look for a new job in the new year.

2 hours ago, Wanderboy said:

:grouphug:

You're a good egg @MathyouWSW  Sorry to hear that. :(

Hope it all works out. 

Thank you! 

I'm just hoping that the next job I take on is exciting, fun and less stressful than my previous job. (Plus, if I receive more pay than my previous job, that's a bonus!). My goal would to prove to them that making me redundant was a bad decision.

35 minutes ago, marron said:

Good luck mate :grouphug:

Did you get a package or anything?

Thank you and yes, I got a package which provided me with my annual leave entitlements, my long service entitlements and some other entitlements :)

On 24/11/2020 at 10:27 PM, Neverbloom said:

watching a documentary on a girlfriend who convinces her boyfriend with depression to kill himself, not a huge fan of her tbh, she just seems kinda rude

Oh. Is that the story where she sends him text messages encouraging him to do it? I remember it as a story out of the US. Didn't she come across as rely smug and cold and got pinged for manslaughter.

5 hours ago, MathyouWSW said:

WRGMG...Getting redundant from work :(

Very sorry to hear that Mathyou!

Your partner's advice sounds sensible, and.... if your job is less than ideal, it seems that the love and support you have from her and your parents is first rate.

Take care!

5 hours ago, MathyouWSW said:

WRGMG...Getting redundant from work :(

3 times for me mate. I left the industry the last time never to return. On one of those occasions they cancelled my corporate card and I had to pay my own way back home from Japan, as the company went into Chapter11 where everything gets frozen. 

Take some time off if you feel you need it, or try and find an anything job so you can hang on the payout. Alternately you could buy us an import for the squad.

2 hours ago, ZachMercer said:

Oh. Is that the story where she sends him text messages encouraging him to do it? I remember it as a story out of the US. Didn't she come across as rely smug and cold and got pinged for manslaughter.

i think that is the one, lucky its not exactly a common occurrence(that i know of) it was a few years ago, i mean i have heard stories about partners using the mental health issues of the person they are dating to their advantage but none is more dodgy than that specific case

8 hours ago, MathyouWSW said:

You guys are amazing, every single one of you...thank you :good: 

I think what pissed me off the most was prior to today's meeting with my manager and him announcing to me that I was being redundant, he advised me two weeks ago to send an e-mail to him with a "strategic plan" on how I'll sell from now until the end of December 2021 and he'll provide it to "higher management" (which is basically the sales director). So, I did that. Plus, I added how I do other roles within the company which was very time consuming and how it affects me when I'm supposed to be doing one job which was an internal sales representative and if I were to be redundant, I could be a significant loss towards the company as not only were they making one role redundant, they are actually making multiple roles redundant.

Despite the fact that it took 2 hours to write about it all in an e-mail that was originally three pages long on a word document,  it really felt it was a complete waste of time and they made their decision prior to receiving my e-mail.

To be honest, I kind of felt like I knew my time was up with the company on the first meeting cause I never got along with my manager and also the sales director as we had a heated argument about 3 years ago on my sales figures. Personally, I wanted to leave the company roughly 12 months ago because of this but due to the fact that me and my partner brought a house and land package back in 2017, I needed to be in a job financially. 

What upset me the most was when I told my parents that I could be getting redundant, they said they could help me financially until I got a new job. I love my parents but the fact that they are both retired don't get any income would made me feel like sh*t if I "borrowed" money from them.

I spoke to my partner and she suggest that it's best I just take a month off, relax and try and get rid of the emotional stress I've dealt with the past few weeks and then look for a new job in the new year.

Thank you! 

I'm just hoping that the next job I take on is exciting, fun and less stressful than my previous job. (Plus, if I receive more pay than my previous job, that's a bonus!). My goal would to prove to them that making me redundant was a bad decision.

Thank you and yes, I got a package which provided me with my annual leave entitlements, my long service entitlements and some other entitlements :)

Sorry to hear that Matthew.

Good luck for the future.

I suffered that once after 35 years - work wise it turned out to be the best thing that ever happened to me. May you be so fortunate.

8 hours ago, wendybr said:

Very sorry to hear that Mathyou!

Your partner's advice sounds sensible, and.... if your job is less than ideal, it seems that the love and support you have from her and your parents is first rate.

Take care!

I think because my partner works in a hospital doing administration she sees and knows when people are stressed. I originally said to her that I can do some stuff around our house in December but she said no, just rest, you need it. So, I better listen to her.

8 hours ago, ZachMercer said:

3 times for me mate. I left the industry the last time never to return. On one of those occasions they cancelled my corporate card and I had to pay my own way back home from Japan, as the company went into Chapter11 where everything gets frozen. 

Take some time off if you feel you need it, or try and find an anything job so you can hang on the payout. Alternately you could buy us an import for the squad.

That's such a s*it thing to do to an employee by just leaving you stranded in Japan. But, if the company went into Chapter 11 then I guess there's not much you can do.

Yeah, I'm gonna try and buy Shinji Kagawa...see how that goes :cheeky:

1 hour ago, Edinburgh said:

I suffered that once after 35 years - work wise it turned out to be the best thing that ever happened to me. May you be so fortunate.

My father suffered it this year after working with the same company for 40 years. What annoyed me was they didn't even give him a farewell. They because just made him redundant, had a letter with all the redundancy package details and that was it. 

He was pissed off about it at first but lately he is enjoying retirement. 

2 hours ago, Edinburgh said:

I had to leave my long term job due to illness and fatigue. Yeah, they were sick and tired of me.

11 minutes ago, JackDoff said:

Standing outside a Pandora shop while your wife is in there buying more crap ffs

i have icy cold beers in the fridge!!!! FFS!!!

:angry:

That's that ******* shitty jewellery shop isn't it......

The wife still keeps ******* banging on about buying an engagement ring one day......married 20 years soon, can't rush these things I tell her....

Edited by Smoggy
2 hours ago, JackDoff said:

Standing outside a Pandora shop while your wife is in there buying more crap ffs

i have icy cold beers in the fridge!!!! FFS!!!

:angry:

1 hour ago, JackDoff said:

Back home again thank fuuck 

my mrs bangs on about an eternity ring..,

an eternity of hell ring

:lol:

Stop whinging. 

Being able to buy Pandora for my wife was a godsend. Every birthday, Xmas and anniversary easily sorted, with variations where possible. 

Now she doesn't want anymore of them because she has more than enough of them (fair enough) I'm back to "Streuth what the hell will I buy?"

i am watching a lot of twitch recently because i got nothing else to do :P and to be honest its one of the few ways i can be social now but its always freezing and my internet is terrible so that sucks :P i dont know if twitch just has a thing against my computer or internet or my internet is just terrible but either way its a pain