What Really Grinds My Gears 5

19 hours ago, marron said:

Holy **** so about 3 days ago I got bitten on the ankle by a jack jumper ant, through a thick sock I might add. (This was after asking Smoggy about it!) Hurt like buggery but didn't last long, maybe 30 minutes or so, then, gone.. Then about 2 hours ago it starts itching like mad, and looking at it now I've got a big red blotch there and the itch is persisting away. What the hell.

Better go see your GP if it persists, Marron.

Christmas decorations are down, the weather is as grey and damp as the north of England, cant go snorkelling and still haven't properly tested out the new gear. Supposed to be going away again next week but the forecast is shyte. The wife has a stack of house work jobs to get through and I am seriously thinking I may as well just **** off back to work next week.

Still..no fires.. covid not as bad here as the old country and Wanderboy says we HAVE to be optimistic.....

**** that..:D

Edited by Smoggy
5 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Christmas decorations are down, the weather is as grey and damp as the north of England, cant go snorkelling and still haven't properly tested out the new gear. Supposed to be going away again next week but the forecast is shyte. The wife has a stack of house work jobs to get through and I am seriously thinking I may as well just **** off back to work next week.

Still..no fires.. covid not as bad here as the old country and Wanderboy says we HAVE to be optimistic.....

**** that..:D

It has been foggy here since before christmas - no joke. I can't personally recall anything like this since murky memories from the 80s. Pissing down at the moment. Better than the alternative imo but it's starting to wear thin!

6 minutes ago, marron said:

There are better ones that yahtzee these days you know mate

I only mention Yahtzee because it is the only one I have been winning :D

Yes this id wearing thin..it reminds me of Christmas / new year in the UK when you have **** all to do and the weather is shyte. I heard it was like 13c, pissing with rain and people had their heaters on up the mountains lol

Might just head back to work and see how the month plays out..

Edited by Smoggy

5 hours ago, marron said:

It has been foggy here since before christmas - no joke. I can't personally recall anything like this since murky memories from the 80s. Pissing down at the moment. Better than the alternative imo but it's starting to wear thin!

Hmmm...and there's another week of it apparently.

14 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Knew you would say that lol

Personally I would prefer if we didn't have to swing between two summer extremes and get just a few decent sunny days.

Well, I'm heading to the south coast for a week from the 9th. Huskisson to be precise. 

I'm happy for another week of this in Sydney and then a sunny week down south from next Saturday.

4 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

Well, I'm heading to the south coast for a week from the 9th. Huskisson to be precise. 

I'm happy for another week of this in Sydney and then a sunny week down south from next Saturday.

I am very lucky as I can fiddle my annual leave this month and can take a short notice..primed for if there is an improvement.

Just now, Smoggy said:

I am very lucky as I can fiddle my annual leave this month and can take a short notice..primed for if there is an improvement.

And you might be lucky with accommodation after General Dan ordered all the Vics to evacuate our beautiful state. There could be some bargains out there.