What Really Grinds My Gears 5

4 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Took a punt..got up early and drove up to Port Stephens..glad I did as sunny breaks between clouds and very nice...been for a swim..

So the wife was right..stop ******* whinging and just get out and make the best of it :D

Hang on....

Have you gone away for the week, or you plan on going back to work?

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, EmMac said:

Lol, they crack me up. Also they have a tag saying, "paid actor" when snoop appears :rofl:

They don't "crack me up"...They are yucky.

There seems to me to be fewer Aust made ads. Not sure about that one, but it doesn't have an Oz flavour.

1 hour ago, wendybr said:

They don't "crack me up"...They are yucky.

There seems to me to be fewer Aust made ads. Not sure about that one, but it doesn't have an Oz flavour.

I remember way back in like 2007-08 or so, there was an ad for a Sony TV. Original version was Brazilian playmaker Kaka, then at AC Milan, juggling the ball.

Some moron decided 'nah not aussie enough' and then changed it to some random AFL player passing the AFL ball to himself

8 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Did my foot in yesterday and limping around today. Did it on some rocks as was getting out the ocean and a wave hit.....

My son thought it hilarious for some reason, until he seen the blood pissing out lol

Ouch!

Feeling better yet?

Hope so!

A toothache is something you cannot ignore, or put up with, Mathyou.

One of the worst days of my life was with an absessed tooth that started overnight, and got worse til I made an apptment with an emergency dentist...on "Australia Day"!!

Do get to a dentist  first thing tomorrow.

Smoggy's right. It will get worse without attention.

All the best! 

5 hours ago, MathyouWSW said:

It happened last weekend and stopped around Thursday/Friday. However, it was sore while trying to sleep last night.

I'm fine now but yeah, most likely need to see a dentist.

Also, this heat is atrocious!

I've found that a toothache, and the very occasional ear ache, due to an infection, are 2 conditions  never  to muck around with, because they don't just "settle down " on their own.

And seeking attention for a dental problem on a public holiday is to be avoided at all costs! 

Of course there would be other more serious conditions that need immediate attention too.

33 minutes ago, wendybr said:

I've found that a toothache, and the very occasional ear ache, due to an infection, are 2 conditions  never  to much around with, because they don't just "settle down " on their own.

And seeking attention for a dental problem on a public holiday is to be avoided at all costs. 

Of course there would be other more serious conditions that need immediate attention too.

I had a toothache one morning about 5 years ago. I went to work and took some panadol beforehand at 6 am. At 9 am, I took some more as the pain was getting worse. 

By 12 pm the pain was excruciating. I had an abscess in one of my lower rear teeth. I contacted HCF dental and got into an emergency appointment that afternoon. The very caring lady dentist (who was very gentle in her treatment) warned me that if the abscess had burst, the toxins released could have been fatal if they'd got into my system. Not sure if it was just dental talk but I trusted her. I needed root canal attention once the infection had been treated. The pain was immediately relieved after that first appointment.

I've since learnt not to **** around with teeth pain.

11 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Get some dental floss and go reasonably hard around the tooth you think the pain is coming from. If you see quite a bit of blood it might be a gum infection at the surface rather than tooth nerves itself or something deeper. If after flossing no reaction but still pain then yeah..the tooth has a problem.

Thanks Dr Smoggy!

People. People everywhere. I'm starting to feel like for me personally it's the worst aspect of covid, that all these ****ers have not ****ed off to ******* Disneyland or wherever the **** they normally go and are instead setting up in droves in some of my favourite places because some other ****er put it on Instagram.