What Really Grinds My Gears 5

I had it die after I'd got my first vaccine but a few minutes waiting and it came back to life. Then I drove around a half hour before stopping again and going home. Obviously I probably needed to drive it more the last time I took it out, I've not drive more than a couple km a week in this lockdown.

This charger I take out the battery from the car and charge it from a power point. It's a special fancy technological one but still only cost about half a new battery.

10 hours ago, mack said:

This charger I take out the battery from the car and charge it from a power point. It's a special fancy technological one but still only cost about half a new battery.

That's interesting. I've never heard of that type of thing before. Is this a new thing or have I been living under a rock?

The couple of times it's happened to me, I've got someone to jump it and then run it for a while or just straight out replaced it. 

They've been around a long time, but they were big and bulky units and cost as much as a battery anyway.

But recently a few companies built new types with better technology that don't cost as much.

This is the one I got https://www.ctek.com/au/battery-chargers-12v-24v/mxs-5-0-aus

Cost about $130 which is about half a battery. Just had to take the battery out of the car and hook it up to the charger & power point. It's plugging away at it now.

4 hours ago, mack said:

They've been around a long time, but they were big and bulky units and cost as much as a battery anyway.

But recently a few companies built new types with better technology that don't cost as much.

This is the one I got https://www.ctek.com/au/battery-chargers-12v-24v/mxs-5-0-aus

Cost about $130 which is about half a battery. Just had to take the battery out of the car and hook it up to the charger & power point. It's plugging away at it now.

I've had a "normal" battery charger not much bigger for years.

11 minutes ago, mack said:

Battery charging was a success. Did the full cycle, put it back in and worked straight away. Hopefully won't have to do that again for a while.

Depending on it's age it would be worth your while to get the battery itself checked at some point.

They only cancelled Lattice biscuits....

I feel like this is a big telltale of some sort but who else got these for dessert growing up?

vanilla-slice-recipe-lattice-biscuits-2-

That's instant pudding mix

the glories of traditional Australian cuisine 

Things you say that you instantly regret. Joking with the wife that been in lockdown so long there is not even any house work left to do, place never been so clean and tidy..

"No house work is there..well you would say that..you don't see half of it...if you want I can give you some...how about helping with the washing..you could do that thing you haven't still done that you have clearly forgotten about"......

Blah blah ******* blah :rolleyes:

My mrs works through anger by cleaning. After many years I know how to deal with that but I used to try and sort it out while it was still happening (bad idea, always). Anyway, sometimes I'd think, well i had a good tidy yesterday, so it won't last long. That was a complete misconception too. :lol: