What Really Grinds My Gears 5

2 hours ago, GoatyMcGoatFace said:

lost my ticket to the concert tonight so now i need to work out how to get a ******* pdf on my phone, i thought it would be a great idea to download something on my computer and then transfer it to my phone via the computer but apparently i cant and the entire thing can get ****ed

email it to yourself and open it on your phone.

alternatively, take a big screenshot and send that to yourself.

5 minutes ago, JackDoff said:

Single digit hours before they arrive......breathing is shallow......nervous twitch starting......beads of sweat forming on my forehead........ :xmad:

I thought you might like to watch this Nigerian TV show...........in honour of your MIL's  imminent arrival...!  lol

4 hours ago, GoatyMcGoatFace said:

lost my ticket to the concert tonight so now i need to work out how to get a ******* pdf on my phone, i thought it would be a great idea to download something on my computer and then transfer it to my phone via the computer but apparently i cant and the entire thing can get ****ed

DropBox is ace for that. I dump PDF tickets into Dropbox on my PC and they turn up on my phone, iPad etc. Can also access from anything with a browser 

The ugly side of kids sport....

the opposing manager this morning screaming about a penalty....she went on and on ...i shut up since I was just filling in as coach, but FMD, if we followed the rules of the game precisely,  there wouldn't be a game as such , it would just be retaken throw ins, free kicks etc etc

THEYRE u8s LITTLE KIDS YOU DUMB ARSED DIMWIT!!!!!!   :nono:

.....they were down 6-0 by that stage anyway..... :meep:

Currently looking at apartments to rent, which could be a thread in itself but anyway...

So most agencies use the standard 1form website to submit applications. It's a piece of shite, but at least it's universal. It saves all your details etc so you don't have to fill them in every time. Even saves your documents like passport etc. 

But 'Kelly's' are too cool to use them. They have their own one. One which requires all sort of ridiculous documentation that no-one could possibly have on hand. Four written references?? Last two rental receipts?? Who has any of this? Then they want you to print our some unique form, sign it, and SCAN it in! 

Didn't even bother with that one, as it had the most people looking at it anyway during the inspection and my chances were slim. I bet heaps of people get to the application for their properties and just can't be arsed. 

Also...back to 1form...it has some algorithm where it calculates your weekly pay based on what you said your salary was...except it has mine at just over $100 less than what I actually get. So I have to put an additional note in each application stating that fact. 

Genuinely think I've gained a few extra grey hairs during this whole process, and it's only been a few days.

10 hours ago, luisenrique said:

Currently looking at apartments to rent, which could be a thread in itself but anyway...

So most agencies use the standard 1form website to submit applications. It's a piece of shite, but at least it's universal. It saves all your details etc so you don't have to fill them in every time. Even saves your documents like passport etc. 

But 'Kelly's' are too cool to use them. They have their own one. One which requires all sort of ridiculous documentation that no-one could possibly have on hand. Four written references?? Last two rental receipts?? Who has any of this? Then they want you to print our some unique form, sign it, and SCAN it in! 

Didn't even bother with that one, as it had the most people looking at it anyway during the inspection and my chances were slim. I bet heaps of people get to the application for their properties and just can't be arsed. 

Also...back to 1form...it has some algorithm where it calculates your weekly pay based on what you said your salary was...except it has mine at just over $100 less than what I actually get. So I have to put an additional note in each application stating that fact. 

Genuinely think I've gained a few extra grey hairs during this whole process, and it's only been a few days.

I hear you man, awful process and very stressful indeed. I think to myself that surely the housing situation is as bad as it can get, but then it just goes to a whole new level. I could rant about it all for a very long time, social disaster in the making.......but will leave it at that.

Edited by WSWBoro
3 hours ago, WSWBoro said:

I hear you man, awful process and very stressful indeed. 

Yeha, I guess I've been lucky in the past. First one I took over a friend's lease, and my current place for whatever reason there didn't seem to be much or any competition for it so I got it instantly. This time there were at least 3 other people looking for all 4 places that I saw over the weekend...all of which are worse value for money wise than my current place (but three are more expensive, go figure). 

It's the not knowing that kills ya...especially applying on the weekend, I know they're not gonna look at it till Monday, so I keep tweaking my application, thinking maybe this will put me to the top of the pile...but then, wait, maybe I shouldn't put this? It's a mind****. Basically impossible to concentrate on anything else cos it's on my mind constantly. 

2 hours ago, marron said:

Kellys are ****s luis they kicked me out of a joint once upon a time after smoothly lying to me about what was going on. 

Yeah, they just seemed so unprofessional compared to the others, and so old fashioned. Literally printed out a bunch of sheets with their unique application url on them, and left them on the counter for people who were interested to apply. Put me off looking at any of their properties. 

9 hours ago, luisenrique said:

Yeah, they just seemed so unprofessional compared to the others, and so old fashioned. Literally printed out a bunch of sheets with their unique application url on them, and left them on the counter for people who were interested to apply. Put me off looking at any of their properties. 

If it makes you feel any better. I had the same issue here in Melbourne. Agents do not even bother looking at you unless you have all your documents ready to go.

If you call them they just tell you to go on the website to apply. They are not helpful at all and very cut throat. They don't care what your situation is.

It is worse than trying to apply for a job.

Biggest issue for me was the fact my wife and I have not worked for 2 months so our payslips showed zero earnings.

We have no previous renting history since we are home owners. So how can we compete with other renters??

My current living situation is really ****. Wife and son are staying in hospital until we get discharged in another week. I am staying at ronald macdonald house.

We still haven't found a place to stay when he is allowed to leave the hospital. The place we need to stay for the next 2-3 months must be sterile environment. Renting a place is out of the question and airbnb I can't trust with cleaniness.

Only option for us is to stay at a self service apartment and get it professionally cleaned or ask the hospital to find us a place to stay.

We have no friends or family to fall back on. So we are in a pretty bad situation but we are taking it day by day.

12 minutes ago, thefairy said:

If it makes you feel any better. I had the same issue here in Melbourne. Agents do not even bother looking at you unless you have all your documents ready to go.

If you call them they just tell you to go on the website to apply. They are not helpful at all and very cut throat. They don't care what your situation is.

It is worse than trying to apply for a job.

Biggest issue for me was the fact my wife and I have not worked for 2 months so our payslips showed zero earnings.

We have no previous renting history since we are home owners. So how can we compete with other renters??

My current living situation is really ****. Wife and son are staying in hospital until we get discharged in another week. I am staying at ronald macdonald house.

We still haven't found a place to stay when he is allowed to leave the hospital. The place we need to stay for the next 2-3 months must be sterile environment. Renting a place is out of the question and airbnb I can't trust with cleaniness.

Only option for us is to stay at a self service apartment and get it professionally cleaned or ask the hospital to find us a place to stay.

We have no friends or family to fall back on. So we are in a pretty bad situation but we are taking it day by day.

Have you tried going to football fan sites in Melbourne...ie Victory...City and explained your situation. ?

You never know...! I find football fans are quite generous and willing to help each other even if you follow a different team. They may be able to suggest options you haven't thought of.....

21 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

Sounds ****ed fairy :( 

Indeed, hope this work out on the living arrangement front Fairy.

I remember when I got the call from our old agent advising us the vacate the house were were in. He told us what day we had to be out by in a very cold matter of fact manner. For me it was instant anxiety, and I said ok but also things like 'worried as need to stay in this area for my sons school' and such like, not really to him I suppose but just concerns at the front of my mind with this dropped on me. I wouldn't expect him the care and he certainly didn't, in fact he took my response / attitude as a danger that we might not vacate in time and he was a total idiot, 'you don't have a choice, you will be out by this date regardless of your personal circumstances', real shittyness in his voice, we were just scum to him, he didn't need to react like thta because I had already told him we would do our bit. Also we cleaned that house to within an inch of it's life to get our bond back, we took photos when we moved in as we always do and compared and it was better than when we moved in both inside the house and in the garden, we actual take pride in the way we keep places. Three times he made us go back for issues that were bullshit.

We live in a unit block now that is totally owned by an overseas Chinese business man / partnership, his son actually lives in Sydney somewhere and you see him rock up in his, big black car with tinted out windows every now and again. There is a real fear here about making a complaint about anything. If you make a complaint about something not right or not working then you are trouble. They don't use an estate agent as a go between so everything first goes via the son and then to the father, the father does not speak English very well and spends most of his time shouting from what I hear. A family on the lower ground made repeated complaints about something, the mother spoke to me on the way in one evening and asked if I had much dealings with him. He was making their life very hard, branded them as band tenants and trouble, they have since moved on. I said to the women that there must be some kind of government agency you can report a landlord to as they have a code and rules to follow, the issue is I don't think anyone wants to do it that doesn't want to face moving again or get branded as bad tenants because that would make it very hard to get somewhere else in this environment. The issue here is that the landlord has no fear of some of the units being empty or people moving on, there are no shortage of renters looking for somewhere and it is more about his money being parked up in Sydney real estate rather an in China that he really cares about, I suspect he wouldn't mind all that much if he block was totally empty for a good period, renters are an  inconvenience. 

Anyway...

Edited by WSWBoro

Well despite my bitching, I got approved for a place. It's a studio in Newtown (still repping the Inner West Hipsters), so a downgrade in size, BUT I'm saving $90 a week, which will go a long way towards adventures such as WSW away trips. I'll reserve judgement until I'm in there, but hopefully this notice to vacate turns out to be a blessing in disguise. 

WRGMG: The pervasive 'bugs' that have been circulating over winter. FFS it's killing me. We've had in our house no less than 3 rounds of the flu that takes us out for 2-3 days. The gastro bugs that get around (which I seem to have picked up again, with the added bonus of vomiting and a runny nose this time). My wife has a virus of some sort in her lungs / chest that kept her off work last week, and she's still not well, but at least back at work. Taking time off work when sick or to look after sick people in the house is stressing me out. I'm sure the boss will be having a talk to me soon. I can work from home if I need to (which does help), but it's hard managing sick people and work (it's hard enough when everyone is well!).

Just **** off already with your bugs and **** and snot and vomit. Whatever we did, WE'RE SORRY. We won't do it again.

2 minutes ago, SomeGuy1977 said:

WRGMG: The pervasive 'bugs' that have been circulating over winter. FFS it's killing me. We've had in our house no less than 3 rounds of the flu that takes us out for 2-3 days. The gastro bugs that get around (which I seem to have picked up again, with the added bonus of vomiting and a runny nose this time). My wife has a virus of some sort in her lungs / chest that kept her off work last week, and she's still not well, but at least back at work. Taking time off work when sick or to look after sick people in the house is stressing me out. I'm sure the boss will be having a talk to me soon. I can work from home if I need to (which does help), but it's hard managing sick people and work (it's hard enough when everyone is well!).

Just **** off already with your bugs and **** and snot and vomit. Whatever we did, WE'RE SORRY. We won't do it again.

This but not so much for me but rather my little ones.

It seems like they get over the virus they have, like 2 weeks later they catch another one, usually its one week one, the next week its the other.

Will this winter **** off already.

Luckily i just had that 48hr stomach bug thingy, which wasn't that bad.