What Really Grinds My Gears 5

2 hours ago, Valter43 said:

Please tell me you throw the paper towels out after doing this. 

Of course I do. The ones I use for the sink go in the toilet and the ones on the door go in a bin outside somewhere.

I have also been known to use my sleeve as well to open the door. I figure it's better than getting the germs on my hands that I touch my face and eat with.

I have also got very good at opening push doors with my elbow, shoulder or butt :P 

I didn't think I was that OCD until I started writing all this down. Now I've realised I may have a problem :lol:

41 minutes ago, CaptainJess said:

Of course I do. The ones I use for the sink go in the toilet and the ones on the door go in a bin outside somewhere.

I have also been known to use my sleeve as well to open the door. I figure it's better than getting the germs on my hands that I touch my face and eat with.

I have also got very good at opening push doors with my elbow, shoulder or butt :P 

I didn't think I was that OCD until I started writing all this down. Now I've realised I may have a problem :lol:

A certifiable problem.

9 hours ago, CaptainJess said:

I think this is starting to become more common knowledge, but most germs are transferred through hands, not through the air (though that is possible). Touch your mouth, nose etc then a doorknob, then 10 minutes/an hour/later that day someone else touches that doorknob, boom, germs spread.

It's the reason why people should cough into their sleeve, not their hand, and wash their hands! It's also the reason why handless taps are more popular and in some cases required.

You can spend hours in the same room as a sick person, and if you don't touch any of the same stuff that they touch, you are much much less likely to get the bug.

5 minutes ago, theguyyouwishyouwere said:

WRGMG - i had a function i was invited to tonight and i had to decline because work was gonna be flat out.

now one of the clients is a no show and i'm not busy anymore

:stonedtrifiro:

Bummer!

Another work related WGMG:

And long story short, because it's been a long week.

Check my emails on the train home. I get emails from AusPost in SA, VIC, and QLD for our "priority" orders, usually "jobs listed on manifest xx. Actual jobs received xx". The goal is to have the "xx" numbers match up. For example "jobs listed on manifest 45. Actual jobs received 45"

Get the email from QLD. Numbers match up. You ******* beauty!!...

.... Please note: we have also received the following jobs for VIC.

The ******* ****s on the dock sent an entire ******* bag of orders to the wrong ******* state. Ruined my whole weekend, AND I'll probably have calmed down by Monday.... still going to rip them a new one

WGMG: In Serbia, on the three FTA sports channels, they have LIVE broadcasts from the Japanese and Chinese football leagues. In Australia however Fox (a service you pay heavily for) doesn't even broadcast the finals of the ACL unless an Aussie team is in it, let alone games from regional leagues.

On 8/11/2017 at 8:53 AM, btron3000 said:

I think this is starting to become more common knowledge, but most germs are transferred through hands, not through the air (though that is possible). Touch your mouth, nose etc then a doorknob, then 10 minutes/an hour/later that day someone else touches that doorknob, boom, germs spread.

It's the reason why people should cough into their sleeve, not their hand, and wash their hands! It's also the reason why handless taps are more popular and in some cases required.

You can spend hours in the same room as a sick person, and if you don't touch any of the same stuff that they touch, you are much much less likely to get the bug.

Advice from the good old NHS on this...http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/how-long-do-bacteria-and-viruses-live-outside-the-body.aspx

3 hours ago, JackDoff said:

That annoying "Happy" song by Pharrell Williams  :xmad:   the school across the road...

every fuucking school day at 2pm when the kids go back from lunch

STFU!!!!!!!!

Hahahaha!

That's a great idea!

I'm guessing that the kids all have to be back and lined up ready for class by the end of the song??....which I've heard of happening in another school ( a high school) ....but they didn't play that!

Happy little kids... with that cheery song's lyrics buzzing in their heads to take them through the afternoon session?  Genius!

Get yourself some ear plugs, Jack....and don't be such a grump-o-saurus!  :P

:lol::lol:

2 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Hahahaha!

That's a great idea!

I'm guessing that the kids all have to be back lined up and ready for class by the end of the song??....which I've heard of happening in another school ( a high school) ....but they didn't play that!

Happy little kids... with that cheery song's lyrics buzzing in their heads to take them through the afternoon session?  Genius!

Get yourself some ear plugs, Jack....and don't be such a grump-o-saurus!  :P

:lol::lol:

:P 

WRGMG - Racist Statues

I think we aussies to do something about racist statues, people in the US is doing something about it. We have a tonne of them around and they should be forcefully removed.

Captain Cook statue?? Invasion day so I need to say more?

Who is with me? Like if you agree. Cheers.

55 minutes ago, thefairy said:

WRGMG - Racist Statues

I think we aussies to do something about racist statues, people in the US is doing something about it. We have a tonne of them around and they should be forcefully removed.

I'd be happy to change Aus Day...no drama....but destroying statues....?  Just don't wear the WSW gear when you do it mate.......the media would be in 7th heaven.

Edited by sonar
1 hour ago, thefairy said:

WRGMG - Racist Statues

But but but, Captain Cook is from the very same place in the UK as me....can't hate on a fellow smog monster :nono:

Can't like because us Boro people stick up for each other , plus Cook was a massive Boro fan, season ticket holder, liked a curry and a beer post game they say lol :P

Edited by WSWBoro