What Really Grinds My Gears 5

Myself, a friend of mine, and a friend of hers is going on a trip next July

Ideally, to prevent third-wheel situations, we find a fourth person to come on this trip

I'm thinking through my friends to figure out who to invite - and because currently the numbers are 2 guys, and 1 girl - I'd prefer a second girl to come along on the trip for balance

Turns out like 90% of my female friends are taken

The other 10% are basically unwilling to go on the trip

This problem would've been so easily solved if I had a girlfriend but nooooooooo

Take it to the relationship thread mate, not just a gear grinder but a difficult situation. My advice: Don't get a gf for the trip, find a fourth friend to go on the trip with you (m/f) to avoid third wheeling situations.

13 hours ago, Unlimited said:

Myself, a friend of mine, and a friend of hers is going on a trip next July

Ideally, to prevent third-wheel situations, we find a fourth person to come on this trip

I'm thinking through my friends to figure out who to invite - and because currently the numbers are 2 guys, and 1 girl - I'd prefer a second girl to come along on the trip for balance

Turns out like 90% of my female friends are taken

The other 10% are basically unwilling to go on the trip

This problem would've been so easily solved if I had a girlfriend but nooooooooo

You really need to stop making everything a male-female thing. Just find a fourth person and enjoy your trip. Stop making everything so hard.

https://www.petakillsanimals.com/

remember this amazing photo?

Macaca_nigra_self-portrait-768x1063.jpg

PETA are trying to claim the photo is the property of the monkey, and have taken the photographer/camera owner to court.

https://www.peta.org/blog/peta-appeal-monkey-selfie-case-grounds-monkey-owns-copyright/

if the monkey wated the photo copyrighted, it would have done it itself. 

Edited by theguyyouwishyouwere

WGMG...bank customer service areas and how surly they are! This was not even my own issue...

Out and about at lunch walking down the street looked down and someone had dropped their direct debit pay wave card thingy so picked it up and look around to see if anyone might have dropped it or looking, fairly quiet pedestrian street area an no one much around. So decided to hand it in to the local branch close to where I work, not a major effort as in my general direction anyway.

Now I am not expecting any praise here or balloons suddenly float down from the ceiling, I am not expecting even much in the way of a 'thank you', I never even expect that these days. But the surly bastard at the counter looked at me and the card like a piece of dirt and had to explain twice why I was handing it in and that it wasn't my card! Kin hell.  Miserable fat bastard, sorry to break the flow of your day and make you have to perhaps do something.

I hate bank workers as much as real estate agents.

Edited by WSWBoro
1 hour ago, WSWBoro said:

WGMG...bank customer service areas and how surly they are! This was not even my own issue...

Out and about at lunch walking down the street looked down and someone had dropped their direct debit pay wave card thingy so picked it up and look around to see if anyone might have dropped it or looking, fairly quiet pedestrian street area an no one much around. So decided to hand it in to the local branch close to where I work, not a major effort as in my general direction anyway.

Now I am not expecting any praise here or balloons suddenly float down from the ceiling, I am not expecting even much in the way of a 'thank you', I never even expect that these days. But the surly bastard at the counter looked at me and the card like a piece of dirt and had to explain twice why I was handing it in and that it wasn't my card! Kin hell.  Miserable fat bastard, sorry to break the flow of your day and make you have to perhaps do something.

I hate bank workers as much as real estate agents.

Dude, first C coders now bank workers. Seriously, what have you got against me? :unknw: #notallbankworkers

Depending on how pissed you really are, get onto the bank's social media feeds / accounts and give it to them. Identify the branch and the person if you got his name. You (or rather the feedback you leave) would be labeled detractor (which is fare enough), and the theory goes that detractors share their bad experience with at least 10 people, and the bad experience grows into more than just a grump you didn't seem to give a **** about what you were trying to do. It matters to them, and the feedback will go back to the branch and even the specific individual (at least at the bank where i work). It's not like the banks have a great reputation at the moment anyhow, so having this particular grump making it worse isn't something that will be well received.  (For the record, I'm a back office worker, so I don't actually work directly with customers / public)

If, on the other hand, you just want to have a rant, then ignore the above. Working for a bank, I'm kinda used to it.

@WSWBoro Speaking of banks, remember my post from last week about my card being cancelled. 

Well that initial phone call was Friday night. I was told to expect my new card on Wednesday (Thursday by the latest). Skip to today, still nothing in the mail. Been checking it everyday and have received other mail even including a statement from NAB, but no card.

Call them up to check on it, get told sorry it's probably got lost or stolen and that they'll have to cancel that card and re-issue a new one. 

This one will be express posted to me and I can expect it on Wednesday but apparently I will have to sign for it. That's all well and good except I won't be home to sign for it, so it will go to the post office which I probably won't be able to get to until Saturday morning because of the post office hours. FML 

Over two weeks without a card. I have so many payments and automatic debits coming off it which are getting declined now. Have had to go through and put them on my other CC which I reserve for emergencies. It's all just ridiculous now. 

56 minutes ago, CaptainJess said:

WGMG: People who make assumptions and insinuations about me based off small conversations and pieces of information.

They are the worst kind 

Real...estate...*******...agents

Got keys to new place at 9am this morning. Noticed that 4/5 lights weren't turning on. Went to the property manager (their office is just down the road), he said he would call the sparky and tell him to call me (because since I just moved in, it's not my responsibility to change the globes). 

Got all my stuff moved in by the arvo, but hadn't got a call, so went to see ol' mate again. 'I'm gonna call him right now, and tell him to call you.'

Nothing.

It gets to 4.50, I know the office is gonna close, so I go in there for the THIRD time, having spent all day ******* moving, and say, 'look the sun's gonna go down soon, can you get this sorted?'. Only at that point do they show any ******* initiative and call an emergency sparky (my idea!)...so eventually it gets done. 

And guess what? Some of the wiring was all ****ed up! So it wasn't just a simple changing the globes affair. The most galling part is the **** had the cheek to write that all the lights were working on the condition report!!!

I mean seriously, what the **** do they do? I have never come across any other profession so universally useless. Their bad reputation is well and truly earned.

They're ****s. I had my back door lock broken for a week or two whilst renting. Kept insisting they call someone to come fix it - phone calls, emails etc. with no response.

It was only once I told them I would either a) get someone myself and send them the bill (which I had a legal right to do); or b) not pay rent until it was fixed (as the property could not be secured); that they finally ******* did something.

When you go online to a web page and you get annoying pop up questionaires about their "new look" or new features ,and it keeps popping up no matter what page on the site you go to because they absolutely positively must have a comment .

All I want is a product or information,not a questionaire. Annoying  and time consuming.

So I cut and paste kids nursey rhymes and submit them.

WRGMG:

Recruiters. 

I've been going for some job interviews lately and I've received an offer for a job. While I'm pretty interested and probably going to take it, I asked them to supply an official letter of offer before I confirmed anything. I'm not going to resign from my job without something in writing. 

Boy have I got a run around. Firstly, they can't supply a letter until they check references. Fair enough. But then they can't find my references I supplied them. So I have to re-send them. And then one of my three references is on holidays (which I didn't know about) so I have to give them another one, even though they've called two <_< What else do you possibly want to check? 

The annoying thing is, it takes them so long to do everything. I got offered the job on Wednesday morning and was only asked to re-supply my references yesterday morning. And then get told this morning that they need the other one. I get back to them as quickly as possible and they fart arse around for half the day. 

Now it seems like I'M delaying accepting the offer (which I'm not), but all I want is something in writing. 

And to top it off, they are trying to force me to say yes without seeing the letter. They keep asking every time I talk to them, "so are you going to accept?" It's getting really annoying. To the point where it's actually turning me off the job.

This is why I like dealing directly with employers. You don't get this stupid middle man stuff that should have taken half a day instead of 3 days. 

WGMG...had a bit of a dizzy spell this afternoon, short version.. fell over and messed my face up a bit...few plasters and things..pride hurt more and all that....daft bugger lol Thankfully no damaged teeth and no-one really seen I don't think so quickly picked myself up....

21 minutes ago, WSWBoro said:

WGMG...had a bit of a dizzy spell this afternoon, short version.. fell over and messed my face up a bit...few plasters and things..pride hurt more and all that....daft bugger lol Thankfully no damaged teeth and no-one really seen I don't think so quickly picked myself up....

Ouch!   :grouphug:

That's no good!

Can you figure out why it would have happened??

1 hour ago, WSWBoro said:

59 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Ouch!   :grouphug:

That's no good!

Can you figure out why it would have happened??

Thin air at high altitude? 

But seriously I hope you're ok and the cause is nothing serious.

Got my CTP green slip sent out the other day. 900 bucks! GTFO

Did a search and found one for $660. 

So WRGMG apart from the ridiculous cost of COMPULSORY insurance, is how companies now treat their customers like ****. Oh he'll just sign up again so let's charge him heaps more.

Used to be that you were rewarded for loyalty. Now companies give offers to new customers to get them on board and rort their existing ones. They prey on those that couldn't be bothered or don't like a fight. It's like every year you have to threaten to leave or you don't get the best deal.

On 8/30/2017 at 11:43 PM, luisenrique said:

Real...estate...*******...agents

Got keys to new place at 9am this morning. Noticed that 4/5 lights weren't turning on. Went to the property manager (their office is just down the road), he said he would call the sparky and tell him to call me (because since I just moved in, it's not my responsibility to change the globes). 

Got all my stuff moved in by the arvo, but hadn't got a call, so went to see ol' mate again. 'I'm gonna call him right now, and tell him to call you.'

Nothing.

It gets to 4.50, I know the office is gonna close, so I go in there for the THIRD time, having spent all day ******* moving, and say, 'look the sun's gonna go down soon, can you get this sorted?'. Only at that point do they show any ******* initiative and call an emergency sparky (my idea!)...so eventually it gets done. 

And guess what? Some of the wiring was all ****ed up! So it wasn't just a simple changing the globes affair. The most galling part is the **** had the cheek to write that all the lights were working on the condition report!!!

I mean seriously, what the **** do they do? I have never come across any other profession so universally useless. Their bad reputation is well and truly earned.

I'd like to clarify that Real Estate Agents /= Property Managers.

Property Managers are usually those who failed at sales and are stuck in their position and detest every minute of it. Having said that, I know some very very good property managers who are excellent.

i keep getting suspended from the blizzard forum, this time i got a suspension because someone said a character is stupid so i replied with your username is stupid and i got a 4 day suspension

hey WSWBoro(picked someone at random) you got a stupid username

......where is my 4 day suspension? oh wait this forum is actually good :P

23 hours ago, GoatyMcGoatFace said:

i keep getting suspended from the blizzard forum, this time i got a suspension because someone said a character is stupid so i replied with your username is stupid and i got a 4 day suspension

hey WSWBoro(picked someone at random) you got a stupid username

......where is my 4 day suspension? oh wait this forum is actually good :P

stop poking the bear mate  :P