What Really Grinds My Gears 5

18 hours ago, thefairy said:

What grind my gears? This postal vote. Getting the yes vote shoved down my throat. 

The postal vote is the anti SSM peeps idea. If we weren't having it we would have SSM through a free vote in Parliament. This is the last opportunity for a dying race of bigots to have their say to a national audience.

WRGMG

Bloody self serve checkouts at places like Big W. :angry::angry:

I always avoid them - they don't like me :lol:...and I always feel like an idiot when things don't just work as they should!!

So, only because the regular checkouts had been closed for the day by 4.45 did I venture through to to a self serve checkout.

You try putting 6 pillows, two beach towels and 2 garden hoses in the ******* bagging area!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After being ordered to do so by "THE VOICE" about 15 times, I finally piled it all on top of the bagging area! :aggressive::aggressive:

In answer to the question "Do you have you own bag " the "YES" option got jabbed at at least 6 times, the attendant had to come and assist in the process 3 times, my blood boiled throughout the ordeal....and , as usual when I am forced to use this means of making a purchase, I left feeling somewhat more stupid than a talking machine!

FFS! Just give me  a human being on the other side of the checkout counter...PLEASE!!

15 hours ago, wendybr said:

WRGMG

I always avoid them - they don't like me :lol:...and I always feel like an idiot when things don't just work as they should!!

So, only because the regular checkouts had been closed for the day by 4.45 did I venture through to to a self serve checkout.

You try putting 6 pillows, two beach towels and 2 garden hoses in the ******* bagging area!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After being ordered to do so by "THE VOICE" about 15 times, I finally piled it all on top of the bagging area! :aggressive::aggressive:

In answer to the question "Do you have you own bag " the "YES" option got jabbed at at least 6 times, the attendant had to come and assist in the process 3 times, my blood boiled throughout the ordeal....and , as usual when I am forced to use this means of making a purchase, I left feeling somewhat more stupid than a talking machine!

FFS! Just give me  a human being on the other side of the checkout counter...PLEASE!!

Or...20 people waiting and 2 checkouts opened. Happened to me at Target....and they have NO self serve....grrrrr........Do they actually want our money or what...?

2 hours ago, sonar said:

Or...20 people waiting and 2 checkouts opened. Happened to me at Target....and they have NO self serve....grrrrr........Do they actually want our money or what...?

Hahaha....

Well ...I'd still rather end up in a queue than doing battle with, and ultimately feeling humiliated by,  a talking machine!  :sorry:

:xnod:

7 hours ago, wendybr said:

Hahaha....

Well ...I'd still rather end up in a queue than doing battle with, and ultimately feeling humiliated by,  a talking machine!  :sorry:

:xnod:

Not all companies use self-serve....."And then there’s all that theft — the “swipe everything as carrots” mentality."

http://www.kidspot.com.au/parenting/real-life/in-the-news/this-major-supermarket-chain-has-banned-selfservice-checkouts/news-story/0db6b1253471a2bfbc51aea85faef03f

On 9/9/2017 at 6:51 PM, wendybr said:

WRGMG

Um ah, you swore teach 

On 13/09/2017 at 9:57 PM, DontCallMeJacko said:

WGMG: "Corporate speak"

I have to say "I don't think she's going to work out"

I can't say "She can get in the bin"

Bull. *******. ****.

What? Nah you have to say, "As a direct result of our aspiration to continue to provide high-value services to our various stakeholders and the managing team, we have unfortunately determined that the cost-benefit-differential-ratio-parameter-metric was not at the level we aim to be at as part of our global vision"

29 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

What? Nah you have to say, "As a direct result of our aspiration to continue to provide high-value services to our various stakeholders and the managing team, we have unfortunately determined that the cost-benefit-differential-ratio-parameter-metric was not at the level we aim to be at as part of our global vision"

And you wonder why you can't get your dick wet.

Stop talking like a nerd. Nerd!

2 hours ago, Unlimited said:

Do you work for a politician ?.

That sounds like " politician " speak.

Maybe you should become one and then you'll get to screw everyone...lol ( just joking ! ) 

Edited by sonar
13 hours ago, thefairy said:

And you wonder why you can't get your dick wet.

Stop talking like a nerd. Nerd!

:(

11 hours ago, sonar said:

Do you work for a politician ?.

That sounds like " politician " speak.

Maybe you should become one and then you'll get to screw everyone...lol ( just joking ! ) 

Nah - but my Chemistry teacher in Year 12 said I speak like one if I really try

I went to the shops today to get stuff for dinner. I put the wrong herb into my shopping list app, so I bought a 4th bag of Thyme when I needed Rosemary.

Additionally, I was looking at the 'mixed herbs' bag. The ingredients were listed as:

Thyme.

Sage.

Majoram.

Herbs.

Thanks, I didn't realise my bag of mixed herbs would include herbs. Why list 3 herbs, then "herbs", instead of either just "herbs" only, or all the herbs in total. The Italian herb mix listed everything!

On 9/16/2017 at 9:49 PM, mack said:

Also, some jerk P plater nearly ran me over in the carpark, then promptly parked in a disabled spot. Unsurprisingly, he had no disabled sticker/permit.

very sorry about that i didnt think you would see me

12 hours ago, Balkanite said:

What grinds my gears is when mum makes home made bread and someone thinks butter is an appropriate spread for this delicious master piece.

She wont use eurocreme / pasteta / Jam :shok:

good home made bread needs none of these.

speaking of bad bread related issues - the other day i ordererd a chicken and salad wrap, and the wrap ..... was..............:bad:.......buttered. fmd. it was horrible.

59 minutes ago, theguyyouwishyouwere said:

good home made bread needs none of these.

speaking of bad bread related issues - the other day i ordererd a chicken and salad wrap, and the wrap ..... was..............:bad:.......buttered. fmd. it was horrible.

Who the F butters a wrap?

13 hours ago, Balkanite said:

What grinds my gears is when mum makes home made bread and someone thinks butter is an appropriate spread for this delicious master piece.

She wont use eurocreme / pasteta / Jam :shok:

Thank goodness this someone is a taste of someone's own medicine :lol: