What Really Grinds My Gears 5

Stopping access to easy suicide methods heavily reduce suicides, as generally, the easiest it is the more likely a suicidal person is to make a successful attempt. The UK had a similar thing with their ovens in the 60's & 70's as they used a type of gas that was extremely easy to kill yourself with (by putting your head in the oven), but they switched to another type that was very hard to kill yourself with. Suicides dropped.

With a gun the success rates are up near 90%. Other types are drastically lower. A gun in the US is easy to buy, easy to access ammunition for, and is a very simple point & click to die operation. Drug overdoses need drugs, and maybe taking 20 pills of something will be hard and you'll stop halfway through. Or you get to a bridge and there's a anti-jumping fence so they go home and then call a hotline, or you cut yourself but it's too painful & you stop straight away, or don't cut deep enough and you get saved by a neighbour. A gun you shoot yourself in the head and almost immediately die instantly.

my computer is pissing me the hell off, it has like 20 gb of hard drive space and cant download any updates because of how little hard drive space and it very rarely lets me post on the forum because its a piece of **** that cant cope with that usually

On 10/7/2017 at 6:39 PM, mack said:

Stopping access to easy suicide methods heavily reduce suicides, as generally, the easiest it is the more likely a suicidal person is to make a successful attempt. The UK had a similar thing with their ovens in the 60's & 70's as they used a type of gas that was extremely easy to kill yourself with (by putting your head in the oven), but they switched to another type that was very hard to kill yourself with. Suicides dropped.

With a gun the success rates are up near 90%. Other types are drastically lower. A gun in the US is easy to buy, easy to access ammunition for, and is a very simple point & click to die operation. Drug overdoses need drugs, and maybe taking 20 pills of something will be hard and you'll stop halfway through. Or you get to a bridge and there's a anti-jumping fence so they go home and then call a hotline, or you cut yourself but it's too painful & you stop straight away, or don't cut deep enough and you get saved by a neighbour. A gun you shoot yourself in the head and almost immediately die instantly.

also this, gun its just point and click its so much easier than any other way

4 hours ago, GoatyMcGoatFace said:

my computer is pissing me the hell off, it has like 20 gb of hard drive space and cant download any updates because of how little hard drive space and it very rarely lets me post on the forum because its a piece of **** that cant cope with that usually

Download this free program and scan the drive. http://www.diskspacefan.com/download.html 

You can see what's taking up the space.

You should also try the "disk cleanup" wizard in the settings.

On 10/7/2017 at 12:48 PM, WSWBoro said:

lol yeah... on the journey thing he likes to play multi player against me as it boosts his scores and meets all his targets and so on :D I seriously haven't got a fooking clue lol

oh and i got a great idea when it comes to this,

here is what you do, you take all his games and consoles and give them to me and then he will never beat you at the games

i been thinking about that job i used to have and it really depresses me that they fired me, i know i was useless at 90% of the shifts but those 10% shifts i could do i was as good as anyone and i wish i had a couple of those a month, it would make a massive difference

• 2 weeks later...

When you share an office with a Man U supporting Euro snob who says he also supports Sydney FC. 

Asked if he is going tomorrow.....

Well so much on

Too far and it takes up too much of the day really (lives near Cronulla)

Maybe when it is as good as the EPL.......(yes he really did say this one)...

ffs

Edited by WSWBoro
2 hours ago, WSWBoro said:

When you share an office with a Man U supporting Euro snob who says he also supports Sydney FC. 

Asked if he is going tomorrow.....

Well so much on

Too far and it takes up too much of the day really (lives near Cronulla)

Maybe when it is as good as the EPL.......(yes he really did say this one)...

ffs

Maybe if he and others like him attended more matches the attendance would grow & there would be more money in the game here & the media would take more [good] notice and the competition would grow and the standard would increase and get closer to EPL standard and .......

15 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

Maybe if he and others like him attended more matches the attendance would grow & there would be more money in the game here & the media would take more [good] notice and the competition would grow and the standard would increase and get closer to EPL standard and .......

Orrrrrr ....

I could just punch him....

19 minutes ago, GK21 said:

1 and 1/2 year old is sick, 6 week old is sick, no sleep, stuck at work with nothing to do, bored out of my mind. And i think now im getting sick. :mellow:.

sorry guys, just whinging.

I was sick this time last week, then I gave it to the wife......who is currently still a bit sick...ah well.....

Me and the lad heading out tomorrow to the game will give her some rest, just got to remember to get the ******* right train home this time, last derby at Allianz we ended up in Hornsby. We leave the car at Epping and go NW from there, Jumped on a train I thought was going through Macquarie Park but nodded off and woke up as the train was coming to a stand in Lindfield :D Didn't get home till quarter past midnight lol ooppss. My son said a few days ago 'now dad we are getting the right train home this time aren't we'.....I dunno, he is the ******* responsible one out of the two of us, if he gets me on the right train lol

Edited by WSWBoro
2 minutes ago, WSWBoro said:

I was sick this time last week, then I gave it to the wife......who is currently still a bit sick...ah well.....

Me and the lad heading out tomorrow to the game will give her some rest, just got to remember to get the ******* right train home this time, last derby at Allianz we ended up in Hornsby. We leave the car at Epping and go NW from there, Jumped on a train I thought was going through Macquarie Park but nodded off and woke up as the train was coming to a stand in Lindfield :D Didn't get home till quarter past midnight lol ooppss. My son said a few days ago 'now dad we are getting the right train home this time aren't we'.....I dunno, he is the ******* responsible one out of the two of us, if he gets me on the right train lol

I live in Mount Druitt, I got so drunk once i ended up in waterfall on the last train. They dont even leave from the same fooking platform.

19 minutes ago, GK21 said:

1 and 1/2 year old is sick, 6 week old is sick, no sleep, stuck at work with nothing to do, bored out of my mind. And i think now im getting sick. :mellow:.

Mate, glass half full. You're getting paid to have a whinge right? Gotta count for something :)

Good luck with the sickness. Get well soon, especially the 6 week old. That's rough.

4 minutes ago, SomeGuy1977 said:

Mate, glass half full. You're getting paid to have a whinge right? Gotta count for something :)

Good luck with the sickness. Get well soon, especially the 6 week old. That's rough.

yeah we're good, thanks SG.

poor thing has had a cough for the past 2 weeks, almost half her life. but its nothing to be worried about, just keeps us up, it should pass soon.

WGMG.....the wife was off sick this afternoon, she has a bad cold, and snotty and yuck......

She had a small glass bottle full of tea tree oil, apparently she was going to put  a few drops in some hot water and stick her head over it....

What she did in fact was drop the ******* glass bottle and now tea tree oil everywhere...the result is our place now stinks big time, like an old folks home but amped up x100 :rolleyes: Cleaned the floor 3 times since I came in and it still stinks.

On the plus side I now have the clearest airways nose and throat for many a year...if you are next to someone at the game tomorrow with a wiff of tea tree it will prob be me...

Edited by WSWBoro
48 minutes ago, WSWBoro said:

WGMG.....the wife was off sick this afternoon, she has a bad cold, and snotty and yuck......

She had a small glass bottle full of tea tree oil, apparently she was going to put  a few drops in some hot water and stick her head over it....

What she did in fact was drop the ******* glass bottle and now tea tree oil everywhere...the result is our place now stinks big time, like an old folks home but amped up x100 :rolleyes: Cleaned the floor 3 times since I came in and it still stinks.

On the plus side I now have the clearest airways nose and throat for many a year...if you are next to someone at the game tomorrow with a wiff of tea tree it will prob be me...

Consider yourself lucky mate. One of my sisters uses Tea Tree.....oil,soap,deodorant,handwash,deodoriser,toilet cleaner, if it's got the tea tree oil in it...she'll use it. ALL the time.

6 hours ago, GK21 said:

I used to love burning incense & burning candles. I liked the aromas from the incense n found watching candles burn very relaxing n soothing , when I was single....then she moved in.......incense n candles gone....no more soothing n relaxing

:nono:

Idk why this attached to GKs post!  :nono:

PS hope the kids are getting better!  

Edited by JackDoff
1 hour ago, WSWBoro said:

tea tree oil everywhere...the result is our place now stinks big time, like an old folks home but amped up x100 :rolleyes: Cleaned the floor 3 times since I came in and it still stinks.

My mum used to give me that **** all the time when I was sick, still can't stand the smell.

44 minutes ago, JackDoff said:

I used to love burning incense & burning candles. I liked the aromas from the incense n found watching candles burn very relaxing n soothing , when I was single....then she moved in.......incense n candles gone....no more soothing n relaxing

I read this before I read the rest of the post. And I was like, what the **** are you on about. 😂

2 hours ago, JackDoff said:

My missus loves incense & candles etc, and like you I do enjoy them. But if she's not here I cannot be arsed to buy them and light them up. 

7 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

Yeah hip hop makes me throw up too

i actually think there is a lot of great stuff out there(none of that mainstream garbage), i guess a lot of it resonates with me though but i hate that fake superficial garbage, iggy is from australia but raps with a thick american accent with vapid meaningless lyrics

i know for a lot of people its all garbage and nothing wrong with that opinion