What Really Grinds My Gears 5

Why is it, when an otherwise normal and safe driver see a learner driver, they turn to complete ******* ****s and drive like complete **** stains?

my eldest got her L’s last month. She clocked up a few hrs already. Pretty good at listening and learning so far. Hasnt damaged the car or given me a heart attack. 

Weve all seen some **** driving, but **** me, you put a set of L plates on a car and they’re like a **** wit magnet. 

15 hours ago, SomeGuy1977 said:

Why is it, when an otherwise normal and safe driver see a learner driver, they turn to complete ******* ****s and drive like complete **** stains?

my eldest got her L’s last month. She clocked up a few hrs already. Pretty good at listening and learning so far. Hasnt damaged the car or given me a heart attack. 

Weve all seen some **** driving, but **** me, you put a set of L plates on a car and they’re like a **** wit magnet. 

I remember when I was learning to drive everyone would tail gate and act like a ****wit.

When I first got my P's I did this to L platers a bit too, the theory being the same thing happened to me.

What I usually see is the vast majority of road users not wanting to get stuck behind L platers leading to them doing really erratic driving to get away from them, making the situation worse.

15 hours ago, SomeGuy1977 said:

You don't need L plates to attract F'wits.....lol

Driving home from the city after visiting my sister we were at the lights at the junction of Parramatta Rd and the M4.I was the first car in the outside lane turning right onto the M4 when the car sitting on my right....also supposed to be turning right on to the M4 decides when the lights went green to go straight ahead......the lights turned green.....I hit the accelerator and started to turn and I only missed hitting them by no more than half an inch.....and the guy behind me just missed hitting me by a few millimetres.as I slammed on the brakes. 

1 hour ago, Carns said:

I remember when I was learning to drive everyone would tail gate and act like a ****wit.

When I first got my P's I did this to L platers a bit too, the theory being the same thing happened to me.

What I usually see is the vast majority of road users not wanting to get stuck behind L platers leading to them doing really erratic driving to get away from them, making the situation worse.

100% this. She's doing 60 in a 60 zone. You've tailgated the learner for a while now (and to her credit, she's ignored my suggestions of tapping the brakes). She slows down for the for a corner (maybe a bit more than she needed to, but she's not used to driving the road), and without even being able to see around the corner, you decide THAT'S the best time to pass her? **** me.

44 minutes ago, sonar said:

You don't need L plates to attract F'wits.....lol

Driving home from the city after visiting my sister we were at the lights at the junction of Parramatta Rd and the M4.I was the first car in the outside lane turning right onto the M4 when the car sitting on my right....also supposed to be turning right on to the M4 decides when the lights went green to go straight ahead......the lights turned green.....I hit the accelerator and started to turn and I only missed hitting them by no more than half an inch.....and the guy behind me just missed hitting me by a few millimetres.as I slammed on the brakes. 

Maybe you have an L on your number plate? Or in the model of your car somewhere? lol

You don't need L plates attract them, that's for sure. I guess sitting in the passenger seat I'm much more attune to it. 

The wife dropped a hint yesterday (with it being valentine's day and all) about roses..which she likes..

So as per my previous post about the price of flowers ..**** that...how much for a single rose lol dont think so...

So...i nipped in to Coles and bought a box of Cadbury roses on offer half price...

Get home and all i get is the eye roll :rolleyes: and a sigh.....

Meh

Edited by Smoggy
8 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

The wife dropped a hint yesterday (with it being valentine's day and all) about roses..which she likes..

So as per my previous post about the price of flowers ..**** that...how much for a single rose lol dont think so...

So...i nipped in to Coles and bought a box of Cadbury roses on offer half price...

Meh

Didn't try the old flours and a card?

1 hour ago, Smoggy said:

Meh

Did she buy anything for you?

Here's a new one. F'n Linkedin. If it's not the mindless drivel from people posting video's and articles trying to promote themselves as more intelligent than they actually are, it's the bombardment of 21 year old business strategists and coaches rehashing "breakthroughs" that most people learnt 20 f'n years ago.

Dropped my son off at a birthday party this weekend...two girls there ran up to him on arrival and hugged him...inherited his old mans charm obviously...

But anyway, his current 'best mate' rocks up in a ESFC top :sad: Father to Son talk needed about choosing his friends a little more carefully i think....

I never talked to a Sunderland or Leeds supporter as a kid and  i still generally think that people who support either of these side are just pure evil...

Edited by Smoggy
52 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Dropped my son off at a birthday party this weekend...two girls there ran up to him on arrival and hugged him...inherited his old mans charm obviously...

But anyway, his current 'best mate' rocks up in a ESFC top :sad: Father to Son talk needed about choosing his friends a little more carefully i think....

I never talked to a Sunderland or Leeds supporter as a kid and  i still generally think that people who support either of these side are just pure evil...

ignore this......i cant read :P

WGMG...parents....at meet the teacher event.

I went along to the meet the teacher event tonight and joined other parents in my sons class. It got on to the subject of homework and a women along from me asks 'does my daughter have to do the math's homework as it makes her too emotional, she gets really upset about it'.....wtf....she gets upset and emotional because she is probably too ******* lazy and gets away with it by throwing a tantrum and by prob saying 'its alright my darling' don't get upset, go and have a rest and play'......What does this teach this girl who will be in high school next year? Parents like this should be given homework on how to be a good parent.

Anyway, it turns out homework isn't compulsory to complete, which amazes me also...I have never told my son that, he just thinks he has to do it, so he does.

I sighed and rolled my eyes when the women said it and maybe a bit too loud as the teacher looked and me.................and gave me a little smile before telling the parent that whilst not compulsory she should encourage her daughter to work on her math's and find a way to do it that doesn't upset her....which I don't think this women appreciated very much.....but anyway......

Edited by Smoggy